Reflector

Hello people

Hello i am new here. To be honest i don't know much about this stuff but that's why i am here.. to learn and study them. I am open minded and in search of knowledge as well as wisdom to balance it from everywhere and every source i can find.. I know almost anything about science and i carefully study and learn about every theory that is out there in order to understand and solve my questions but my passion is philosophy. Philosophy changed me completely. It made me see things not only with my eyes but also with my mind and then my view on "reality" became clearer/better.  Honestly all i do is research and all i care about is knowledge and wisdom. Over the years i have created some theories carefully by trying to disprove them(because the best way to make a strong theory is by trying to disprove it and see how well it holds) even as a kid only to find out that other philosophers have thought about them before me and that's when i realised who i am and what i love to do. Sadly, because there are no jobs for philosophers anymore at least in my country i didn't became one as i grew older but that didn't stop me from spending my time learning and creating ideas.  Soon i will have enough money to take a trip around the world and experience as well as find out anything that is hidden from me but until then, i am stuck with the internet so nice to meet you all.. In my spare time i love playing chess and other strategy games. If i stay here or not, will depend by what new there is to learn. 

• Like 1

Hello Reflector, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Reflector, 

And you even live in the land of the philosophes.  And yes, getting out to interact with peoples of various cultures will broaden and extend your perspective dramatically.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Thanks... Its funny isnt it?  The problem is that not many greeks are in greece anymore. A country is  the people who live in it and not the name.. Now only the name is left.

Edited by Reflector
  • Like 1

I kind of had that feeling.  Finally being conquered by the people who tried to conquer it 2000 years ago.

St Augustine, Florida still has its cultural Greek folks from 250 years ago.  They were a part of the first successful movement into Florida.