Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

2008 Resolutions!

I love making resolutions for the new year!! I haven't sat down to brew any up yet. Anyone got some good ones? Nothing mega exciting or mildly kinky is coming to mind so far... open to any suggestions.

I love making resolutions for the new year!! I haven't sat down to brew any up yet. Anyone got some good ones? Nothing mega exciting or mildly kinky is coming to mind so far... open to any suggestions.

Mine is very simple. I would like to figure out who is trying to make a resolution. That could take all year... :)

I am following Matt Furey's advice and made a top 10 goals list for 2008.

It's basically a simplified version of everything the Secret talks about without all the mumbo jumbo.

I am going to make it a yearly tradition. At the end of each year, sit down and reflect on the past years successes and failures and make a new top 10 list for the year to get focused for good things ahead.

I'll give you goal #7.

7. I want to pay down my debts

:)

Okay, I thought it over and in 2008 I want to add standing, fish oil, and volunteer work to my lifestyle.

I don't really have any goals for the year other than to up my income a notch and keep up my practice and incorporate the above elements.

I'd like to see Max again in 2008 and travel to India. I just ordered a fresh passport to have handy, but I'll play it by ear.

I am finding Kunlun and Aikido enough for now but will play with Mao Shan 5 Elements here and there. But it isn't on my my Top 10.

I have too many goals to list. The big one is to get more organized. I also want to have a garden and to get in better shape.

i haven't really sat down and written any out but i have some general ones floating about in my brain

here they are in no particular order:

get more consistent in my cultivation practice... (having a little one running about has made it a bit difficult for the past couple years to have a consistent practice- try to squeeze a bit in here and there though along with my martial training)

I think I need to PM Sean and ask to have space on the protected forum- maybe if i keep track of stuff there it will keep me more motivated- (also from reading this forum for a while it seems like all you guys and girls are pretty serious and share in a very nice way :) )

grow some organic food around my place- need to make more raised beds and get serious on my composting- hopefully i will be able to document progress and goings on on one of my websites... but it would be nice to have fresh organic produce all the time- cut down on the grocery bill and eat more healthy...

develop some business ideas so that they are no longer only ideas... (man that would be nice...)

writing them down they don't seem out of the ordinary....

hopefully i can share more here in the coming year as well....

happy new year to everyone (the one right around the corner and the one in Feb....)

Franklin

My resolutions for the new year:

1. Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.

2. Remember that work actually requires effort.

3. Try not to @#$# off my wife too much.

:lol:

Edited by White Mist

Lozen,

I recently read, "Getting things done" it's a great book on getting organized.

Your pal,

Yoda

Lozen,

I recently read, "Getting things done" it's a great book on getting organized.

Your pal,

Yoda

I've read it too...but the best books I've ever read are Organizing From the Inside Out and Time Management From the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern. She has DVDs too.

Those books were lifesavers for me.

Okay, it was hard to narrow this down to ten, and I'm not sure I'm happy with this list because the really important things in my life are not all on here, but some of them are not resolution-friendly.

1. Get organized (this includes money management, physical organization, school stuff, decorating my house, and organizing my time so that I work more efficiently and have more time during the week to spend with my friends and my kick-ass boyfriend.)

2. Plant and maintain a garden.

3. Get my teaching certification, whether that means spending another year at Apollo or student-teaching for 9 weeks in the fall.

4. Pay off 20% of my student loans (which may be too high of a figure actually).

5. Work out five times a week--two days of MMA and 3 of Olylifting. Meet my O-lifting goals. Do mobility work.

6. Martial arts: SBGi for a week in the spring, lots of MMA, Blauer stuff

7. Frickin' finish Kamana 2 after all these years, and maybe do 3 also

8. Healing arts: I want to do the Homeopathy at Home, Work and Play course and also get Bergner's tape on insulin resistance.

9. Follow my food chart (starting with limiting wheat and dairy), sleep 8+ hours a night, cook and bake more

10. Write, do writing workshops, go to a Susan Wooldridge workshop if possible

Julie Morgenstern says to divide your goals into 6 categories and pick 3 activities a month for each goal. My categories are: home, work, health, creativity, nature and relationships. Or something like that.

My planner is at home and I'm several thousand miles South of home so will have to refine this later.

Mine is to teach my boy some Kung Fu and surf more, and to be in my top physical condition ever and compete in grappling.

Did you see GSP run a clinic on Hughes last night?

I never thought anyone would completly dominate Matt Hughes. GSP is a pretty amazing athlete.

There's no UFC here but someone sent me the vid link; I was psyched! I will celebrate with a country breakfast. Also I saw the Liddell fight, good stuff!

The country breakfast kid got beat up. I seriously am in shock how thoroughly tooled Hughes got.

GSP is really just on another level.

Chuck's fight with Wand was good but niether could finish it.

Wand would have done better under Pride rules where you can kick to the face and knee to the head, foot stomps etc. Fighting in UFC was new for him.

Did you see GSP run a clinic on Hughes last night?

I never thought anyone would completly dominate Matt Hughes. GSP is a pretty amazing athlete.

I agree - if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it...

Lozen,

I'll check them out!

Yoda

Actually, I think I'll take fish oil out as a new years ambition... too shaky. I think my big resolution will be to keep a tidy house... that's a good one for me... good Vaastu/fengsui dividends.

My resolutions for 2008 are to:

1) Continue with Zhang Zhuang

2) Continue with the Unwinding the Belly program and build on it through studing Marin's Chi Nei Tsang book (already have gained some interesting insights from the intros and first chapter)

3) Dedicate more consistant time to empty mind

I don't have on particular resolution for 2008, but I did manage to think of 6 goals I'd like to achieve.

1) Start tai chi classes in February.

2) Devote more time to meditation.

3) Work hard at uni and maintain my distinction average.

4) Have my first ever white Christmas - Scotland or England.

5) Organise and plan a big family reunion (and convince mother that it is a good idea).

6) Sort out my diet issues and get on the right track to becoming healthy again! (I guess this should be higher in the list...)

Wishing you all a happy, joyful and fun 2008.

Sign in to follow this