Gerard

Why is this happening to me?

20 hours ago, Taomeow said:

And what did the Mayan victim do to deserve what happened to her?..

This is not the battle of the wits. Obviously the moral order was restablished with the victim of the Mayan sacrifice as well. How far do we all go back...remember this planet is not the only one that hosts life in human form. Infinite, planets, infinite universes, INFINITE TAO. :) Infinite gods, devas, animals, hells, humans, nature spirits, ghosts..it's all IN THE MIND.

ENLIGHTEN ME please because I tried to hide the graphic image (even by using the [hide]image[/hide] code...but it wouldn't work). Just this forum is more complicated now than before (too many features deviating from simplicity) and things aren't too intuitive.

Anyone care to show me and I will put that image under a spoiler tag. Thanks! :)

6 hours ago, Stosh said:

We could probably all agree , that the world is intimately interconnected , that we cannot predict all the ramifications of any normal event,

Only the world? :)

The whole of reality at all levels lying within you.

EVERYTHING contains a portion of everything else, a Greek philosopher put this forward. I came about this realisation through my own practice. 100% true.

My apologies again if I have offended anyone with that image. I tried to hide it but I couldn't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

This is not the battle of the wits. Obviously the moral order was restablished with the victim of the Mayan sacrifice as well. How far do we all go back...remember this planet is not the only one that hosts life in human form. Infinite, planets, infinite universes, INFINITE TAO. :) Infinite gods, devas, animals, hells, humans, nature spirits, ghosts..it's all IN THE MIND.

How on earth could the moral order be reestablished and violated at the same time?! :blink:

• Like 1

If we look hard enough we can find the truth of "cause and effect" and then we don't have to rely on unprovable dogma.

There has never been an effect without first there being a cause.

And this includes even the Big Bang.  As far as I know we still don't know the cause of that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

And this includes even the Big Bang.  As far as I know we still don't know the cause of that.

I always assumed it was our previous universe collapsing. 

Ive heard it said that our universe is ever expanding but at some point it will reverse and begin to collapse. And the whole process happens again. 

I think at this point it's all theories. I don't follow the science close enough. 

Edit: loving called the "Big Crunch"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

ENLIGHTEN ME please because I tried to hide the graphic image (even by using the [hide]image[/hide] code...but it wouldn't work). Just this forum is more complicated now than before (too many features deviating from simplicity) and things aren't too intuitive.

Anyone care to show me and I will put that image under a spoiler tag. Thanks! :)

Instead of "hide", use "spoiler".

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

If we look hard enough we can find the truth of "cause and effect" and then we don't have to rely on unprovable dogma.

There has never been an effect without first there being a cause.

Ask a taoist. :) 

Acausal paradigms abound in taoism.  Instead of "this causes that," it's "this and that arise together."  

Modern physics keeps stumbling across these phenomena lately -- quantum entanglement is one example.  Another one, this coming from astrophysicists, is a recently discovered curious fact that stars are always born binary.  If a star doesn't currently have a twin, something happened to it later, but they arise together.  (Yes, our sun was born with a twin too...  god only knows what it's up to now, 4.5 billion years later...  and which parts of its fate share the same "cause" with "our" sun -- and which ones don't.  The part that clearly is a different effect even though the cause was the same -- the birth of a binary star system -- is me and you looking at sunrise and sunset of one of those suns on planet Earth, something that is not happening to the twin sun, wherever it roams.)

Taoists know that the Big Bang is one of those "acausal" phenomena, arising spontaneously from the third trigram of Xiantian, Earlier Heaven, which all of a sudden, and for no reason other than its inherent nature, which includes the ability to spontaneously discharge a bolt of lightning, manifests what it is -- Spring/Thunder/Beginning.  It does not need an external or internal "cause" for this effect.  Its nature "arises spontaneously."  (Much like I make coffee in the morning -- me arising and coffee arising are not each other's cause and effect, they just arise together because it's my nature. :D )

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Ask a taoist. :) 

Acausal paradigms abound in taoism.  Instead of "this causes that," it's "this and that arise together."  

Modern physics keeps stumbling across these phenomena lately -- quantum entanglement is one example.  Another one, this coming from astrophysicists, is a recently discovered curious fact that stars are always born binary.  If a star doesn't currently have a twin, something happened to it later, but they arise together.  (Yes, our sun was born with a twin too...  god only knows what it's up to now, 4.5 billion years later...  and which parts of its fate share the same "cause" with "our" sun -- and which ones don't.  The part that clearly is a different effect even though the cause was the same -- the birth of a binary star system -- is me and you looking at sunrise and sunset of one of those suns on planet Earth, something that is not happening to the twin sun, wherever it roams.)

Taoists know that the Big Bang is one of those "acausal" phenomena, arising spontaneously from the third trigram of Xiantian, Earlier Heaven, which all of a sudden, and for no reason other than its inherent nature, which includes the ability to spontaneously discharge a bolt of lightning, manifests what it is -- Spring/Thunder/Beginning.  It does not need an external or internal "cause" for this effect.  Its nature "arises spontaneously."  (Much like I make coffee in the morning -- me arising and coffee arising are not each other's cause and effect, they just arise together because it's my nature. :D )

Taomeow,

Have you heard of the theory that our Sun is still accompanied by a companion star? I always liked this one and continue to believe in it, partially because it is in keeping with my own cosmological thinking, partially because I actually once visited it during an astral trip - or more precisely, a planet orbiting it, from where I indeed watched that (red dwarf) sunset.

https://owlcation.com/stem/Nemesis-Is-there-a-Second-Sun-in-the-Solar-System

As the article explains, the Nemesis hypothesis not least offers an explanation for the regularly recurring mass extinctions on our planet by kicking comets our way every time it passes through the Oort cloud, such as the one that supposedly extinguished the dinosaurs.

However, there is also an alternative explanation for the latter event...

bz-DINO-ARK-11-16-08-WeB_1495026053060.jpg.d46ac7bf8f9ac8b68ff09a67909c9e41.jpg

• Like 4

Karma is part of the rules of a virtual game in which we all are virtual players. Virtual in the sense, none of this actually exists the way we perceive and conceive of. All of it is one big illusion, including the suffering we are subject to. So long as there is a player, the game exists. Once the player doesn't exist, the game is gone. And yes, this game can seem to continue across lifetimes...

imho...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Taomeow,

Have you heard of the theory that our Sun is still accompanied by a companion star? I always liked this one and continue to believe in it, partially because it is in keeping with my own cosmological thinking, partially because I actually once visited it during an astral trip - or more precisely, a planet orbiting it, from where I indeed watched that (red dwarf) sunset.

As the article explains, the Nemesis hypothesis not least offers an explanation for the regularly recurring mass extinctions on our planet by kicking comets our way every time it passes through the Oort cloud, such as the one that supposedly extinguished the dinosaurs.

However, there is also an alternative explanation for the latter event...

bz-DINO-ARK-11-16-08-WeB_1495026053060.jpg.d46ac7bf8f9ac8b68ff09a67909c9e41.jpg

Wow, you've astral traveled to Nibiru?  Cool!  Have you met Anu by any chance?  Enki?  Enlil?  Those guys are rad... 

As for the second scenario, that's entirely plausible too.  There's a pretty cool sci-fi novel, by  George R.R. Martin (much better known to the public as the author of Game of Thrones) titled Tuf Voyages.  There's this small remote world afflicted periodically by the "plague star" that inflicts disease and pestilence every time it approaches it.  The "plague star" eventually turns out to be the "Ark," an ancient, 30-kilometer-long "seedship," a very powerful warship with advanced ecological engineering capabilities, which once belonged to the long-defunct Federal Empire's Ecological Engineering Corps and was created to have the ability to rewrite genetic coding -- at a distance and by force if "ecological engineers" deemed it necessary.  The main protagonist, a cat-loving (but not very fond of humans) loner Tuf, via assorted twists and turns of the plot, takes possession of this Ark, fixes it, and starts playing god...  for profit.  I read this a long time ago and remember only vaguely, I recall some parts were a tad boring, but some made me squeal with delight.  I have utmost respect for creative imaginations rooted in carefully observed and accurately processed phenomena and trends of actual everyday reality.  This one was a fine example.    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

Michael,

I meant the wrong-doing in both instances, separately of course, was reestablished. Logical law of cause and effect:

I drop the ball on the ground --> It will naturally bounce back

I apply heat to a frying pan --> it will heat up and be able to fry an egg

I lie --> someone will lie to me at one point in time

I steal money --" someone will steal/rob from me later on either in this lifetime or in a future one.

I murder a human with an sharp knife (Muslim beheading a victim) --> Sweet goodness why am I reborn in hell!! The interesting fact is that rebirth in such a miserable astral plane is sudden (there is no birth from a woman's womb) and you think this sort of existence is what it is, one is unable to comprehend anything else but to suffer miserable and with the worst imaginable pain every millisecond while you stay in there purifying your immoral behaviour from a past lifetime.

I give money do the ones in need selflessly without expecting anything in return and I am a very generous human --> I shall reborn rich in a future lifetime or in one of the heavenly planes.

This is how karma works (law of cause and effect), at all levels.

Edward,

I just had a vision while meditating. I have no lust for her but deep compassion since I read the events surrounding her death before I opened this thread and after having that vision (I did a web search).

I had other experiences (like many other full time/accomplished meditators) involving other people (including myself) and their past karmas. Fruition of the path, I suppose. I just wanted to share this experience here because I know people struggle with the concept of karma. A good friend of mine, a monk living currently in Sri Lanka, has met a very experienced Buddhist who doesn't quite get the mechanism of karma but he also struggles with sexual desire quite a lot even though he lives in an ashram in India. Quite surprising, isn't it? IMO, this shows that it is the person not the spiritual practice 'per se' that is the most determinant factor. How evolved one is along the karmic continuum.

Best wishes to all! :)

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Michael,

I meant the wrong-doing in both instances, separately of course, was reestablished. Logical law of cause and effect:

I steal money --" someone will steal/rob from me later on either in this lifetime or in a future one.

I murder a human with an sharp knife (Muslim beheading a victim) --> Sweet goodness why am I reborn in hell!! The interesting fact is that rebirth in such a miserable astral plane is sudden (there is no birth from a woman's womb) and you think this sort of existence is what it is, one is unable to comprehend anything else but to suffer miserable and with the worst imaginable pain every millisecond while you stay in there purifying your immoral behaviour from a past lifetime.

I give money do the ones in need selflessly without expecting anything in return and I am a very generous human --> I shall reborn rich in a future lifetime or in one of the heavenly planes.

You still did not answer my question. I take it you are either not able or not willing to see the logical fallacy in your belief. So be it.

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 3:02 AM, Brian said:

Not to worry, though -- any horrible things you might do to others is because of something they did a thousand years ago (or whenever) so...

<shrug>

It took me a long time to see the reality behind this fundamental and pervasive misunderstanding of the principle.

Well ... it helped me get to the top  ......   being white and part of a culture  that has all the guns and power has nothing to do with it  though ... it was all those 'other peoples'  sins    that make them suffer now ....  I must have been such a great guy  .... before  ! 

Chin chin 

(and I shall  hide the horrid descriptive  picture for the unawares ) 

Spoiler

Related image

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Taomeow,

I like pseudo science articles that contain their own debunking   ;)  

3 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Wow, you've astral traveled to Nibiru?  Cool!  Have you met Anu by any chance?  Enki?  Enlil?  Those guys are rad... 

It happened in a lucid dream.

All I can say is that I was in a technologically highly advanced city, standing on a platform in a very high and long elevator-like transportation tube that was interconnecting the buildings.

Now I do take Zecharia Sitchin's theory with a grain of salt, but the idea that Nibiru is not another (habitable!) planet orbiting our Sun on an extremely elliptic course, but could be a planet orbiting our companion star, makes it a little more conceivable.

Interesting that Andy Lloyd reached the same conclusion:

www.darkstar1.co.uk/

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taomeow said:

As for the second scenario, that's entirely plausible too.  There's a pretty cool sci-fi novel, by  George R.R. Martin (much better known to the public as the author of Game of Thrones) titled Tuf Voyages.  There's this small remote world afflicted periodically by the "plague star" that inflicts disease and pestilence every time it approaches it.  The "plague star" eventually turns out to be the "Ark," an ancient, 30-kilometer-long "seedship," a very powerful warship with advanced ecological engineering capabilities, which once belonged to the long-defunct Federal Empire's Ecological Engineering Corps and was created to have the ability to rewrite genetic coding -- at a distance and by force if "ecological engineers" deemed it necessary.  The main protagonist, a cat-loving (but not very fond of humans) loner Tuf, via assorted twists and turns of the plot, takes possession of this Ark, fixes it, and starts playing god...  for profit.  I read this a long time ago and remember only vaguely, I recall some parts were a tad boring, but some made me squeal with delight.  I have utmost respect for creative imaginations rooted in carefully observed and accurately processed phenomena and trends of actual everyday reality.  This one was a fine example.    

You probably know this but others may not - 

We have our very own 'real'     'plague star ' ;

B Bersius   -  ' Algol '  In the constellation Perseus ,  who is depicted with sword in one hand and the severed head of medusa in the other , Algol is in the centre of the forehead of the decapitated Medusa, an eclipsing binary; every 68 hours and 49 minutes this Demon Star ‘blinks’ for roughly 8 hours as the dimmer star of the pair passes between the brighter and the earth.

Arabians' Ra's al Ghul, the Demon's Head,  latin - Caput Larvae, the Spectre's Head.  Hebrew -   Algol as Rosh ha Satan, Satan's Head, Rosch hassatan, the Divels head; but also as Lilith,  Chinese -   Tseih She, the Piled-up Corpses. 

The most unfortunate, violent, and dangerous star in the heavens; 

~   

Of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter. It causes misfortune, violence, decapitation, hanging, electrocution and mob violence, and gives a dogged and violent nature that causes death to the native or others. It is the most evil star in the heavens.

Poor teeth. Brutality and violence. Arabic commanders in chief, in times of conquest, made it a point that no important battles were begun when the light of Algol was weak (Algol is an eclipsing binary - every 68 hours and 49 minutes the demon ‘blinks’ for roughly 8 hours as the dimmer star of the pair passes between the brighter and the earth). 

If culminating: Murder, sudden death, beheading, prone to murder and mischief. If at the same time in conjunction with Sun, Moon or Jupiter, gives victory over others in war.

With the Hyleg and angular, decapitation or a murderer who meets with a violent death. 

With Fortuna or its dispositor, poverty.

With Sun: Violent death or extreme sickness. If also in no aspect to a benefic, or there is no benefic in the 8th house, and the dispositor of the Sun in a day nativity or if the Moon in the night one is in square or opposition to Mars, the native will be beheaded; if the luminary culminate he will be maimed, mangled, wounded or torn to pieces alive; and if Mars is at the same time in Gemini or Pisces his hands or feet will be cut off. 

With Moon: Violent death or extreme sickness. 

With Mars: or if Mars be elevated above the luminaries when Algol is angular, the native will be a murderer who will come to an untimely end. The same is caused by Algol angular or with the hyleg. 

With Mars or Saturn: and the Moon at the same time with Sadalmelik (2 Pisces), hanging or decapitation by royal command; if the Moon is with Denebola (20 Virgo), death by judicial sentence; and, if the Moon is with Alfard (26 Leo) death by water or poison. 

[Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923].

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Michael,

Mmmm - hmmm   .

Mmmmm .... yep .  

Whoa there !  Quantum leap !  

In any case I assure you the 2nd part of that can occur without the first part !

Nah ... that just how some people think karma works .

• Like 2

Gerard,  apologies my friend! and to everyone else reading this-i'd never heard of the actress before, and didn't know of her death.  Sorry, not a nice to thing to write in the circumstances.  Hope i didn't offend anyone!  

Additional remarks regarding Nibiru:

The transportation tubes I mentioned were transparent, so being in one of them, I could watch the dwarf star set at the horizon.

It seemed like they were not only connecting the 'futuristic' looking buildings but also whole cities with one another.

Despite being a light year or so away from Earth, I felt strangely home. Maybe I have an alternative self living there?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Maybe I have an alternative self living there?

Or maybe you were smoking too much weed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Additional remarks regarding Nibiru:

The transportation tubes I mentioned were transparent, so being in one of them, I could watch the dwarf star set at the horizon.

It seemed like they were not only connecting the 'futuristic' looking buildings but also whole cities with one another.

Despite being a light year or so away from Earth, I felt strangely home. Maybe I have an alternative self living there?

Neither is this life real, nor any we have in dreams. Only that which experiences both is real :)

A thread riddled with New Age problems - on the Mayans being thugs - this continues into the thuggish culture of Central America today.

When we say Mayans were thugs - we mean "late Mayan" culture.

When we say thugs we mean ejaculation addiction that spikes cortisol and dopamine as violence - a positive feedback cycle.

Mayan culture has been promoted in the New Age scene but the academic analysis now confirms the truth - Late Mayan culture was based on pederasty.

The Politicization of Pederasty among the Colonial Yucatecan Maya

by P Sigal - ‎1997 - ‎Cited by 15 - ‎Related articles
ruled Yucatan, I connect homosexual and pederastic desires men in the documents with colonial politics and Mayan traditions. Th ticle, largely based on a new ...

Infamous Desire: Male Homosexuality in Colonial Latin America

Pete Sigal - 2003 - ‎Social Science
I, of course, do not mean to suggest that the Maya of the colonial period are writing an ... political rituals in an earlier article (“The Politicization of Pederasty”). 38.

And so then the reference to Zecharia Sitchin also needs to be debunked - to take his research "with a grain of salt" is an understatement. The dude is a fraud as the website http://sitchiniswrong.com details.

The CIA New Age Freemason community assimilated Mayan culture to promote it - along with Egyptian and Sumerian - as New Age Solar Dynasty pyramid priest propaganda.

But Martin Pretchel's book Secrets of the Talking Jaguar did preserve not the late Mayan Solar priest pederasty imperialism - but instead the older village Mayan shamanism based on complementary opposites of Lunar-Solar energy, just like Taoism.

This is why technofeminists who think they can control male ejaculation and thus promote transgender homosexuality, etc. as liberation - think that Martin Pretchel's book is misogynist since it relies on female essentialism.

The fact is the female is synchronized as a group primate culture with the lunar cycle - precisely - via the pineal gland.

So dreams can be revealing - as yes it was the female principle that was sacrificed - the same happened in Inca culture, as an anthropologist exposed - about the earlier Lunar female shamanism of south american being taken over by the technofeminist Inca Solar females.

Moon, Sun, and Witches: Gender Ideologies and Class in Inca and ...

Irene Marsha Silverblatt - 1987 - ‎History
Gender Ideologies and Class in Inca and Colonial Peru Irene Marsha ... The Moon, as supreme goddess of the Incas, reigned over all other female divinities. ... and the colonial accounts of lunar cults might reflect pre-Inca worship of this deity.