DanC

Mark Cohen Zhan Zhuang questions??

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has any experience with Mark Cohen's "Inside Zhan Zhuang" DVD, how is his ZZ practice different to Lam Kam's, I love Lam Kam's simplicity in his books as its very user friendly..  What makes Mark Cohen's practice different, is his ZZ from a different lineage, different warm ups, postures etc etc..

Thanks

Dan

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, DanC said:

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has any experience with Mark Cohen's "Inside Zhan Zhuang" DVD, how is his ZZ practice different to Lam Kam's, I love Lam Kam's simplicity in his books as its very user friendly..  What makes Mark Cohen's practice different, is his ZZ from a different lineage, different warm ups, postures etc etc..

Thanks

Dan

Mark Cohen's ZZ is similar to the ZZ we do in Temple Style Taiji. And he knows what he's talking about, so i'd not have any issues practicing what he teaches. I've not seem Lam Kam's stuff so I don't know. 

• Like 2

I wrote a practice log for my ZZ practice which I still do, I review both books at some point in the log.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miffymog said:

I wrote a practice log for my ZZ practice which I still do, I review both books at some point in the log.

thanks I'll check it out

The way of energy is still the best book Ive read on zhan zhauang. I still to this day read it and pick things up.Ive had it for a few years.

• Like 1

On 17/6/2017 at 7:45 PM, bax44 said:

The way of energy is still the best book Ive read on zhan zhauang. I still to this day read it and pick things up.Ive had it for a few years.

The way of power also is very good.

Postures are a bit tougher to hold but give nice effects.