Sign in to follow this  
est93

Hello

Saying hello as required.

What do people do other than be philosophical about 'the way' to consider themselves taoist?

• Like 1

Hello est93, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi est, 

I practice wu wei.  It's not all that difficult.  Just sit down, shut up and do nothing.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

thanks marblehead, although sitting down shutting up and doin nothing is not really an option as i have things to do and communication is important and you are obviously doing something by responding to me and although not speaking verbally you are communicating to me so how literally should i be taking that approach?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, est93 said:

thanks marblehead, although sitting down shutting up and doin nothing is not really an option as i have things to do and communication is important and you are obviously doing something by responding to me and although not speaking verbally you are communicating to me so how literally should i be taking that approach?

Most of what I say should not be taken too seriously.  We have a life to live.  There are many demands of us in order for us to do that successfully.

But yes, when time permits, meditate.

ok marblehead so are you saying that wu wei can be practiced by making some time to stay still, observe our feelings and desires without following them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, est93 said:

ok marblehead so are you saying that wu wei can be practiced by making some time to stay still, observe our feelings and desires without following them?

You said that well.  I occasionally speak of empty-minded meditation but really it is rare that I experience that state whereby I have no thoughts.  But still, allowing the thoughts to rise and fall on their own gives our brain some rest and clears our mind when it becomes tangled.

On 13/06/2017 at 11:18 PM, OldSaint said:

A basic but powerful exercise. 

Could you explain some of whats going on behind the exercise? like.. posture, stance and breath etc :)

On 6/13/2017 at 6:47 AM, Marblehead said:

I practice wu wei.  It's not all that difficult.  Just sit down, shut up and do nothing

Hi Marblehead,

But evaluating with preying eyes?

Come on that's not wuwei but your way.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentences.

Yep.  I confess.  There are a lot of things I do and say here that are "my way" and not just repeating someone else.

Even My Chuang Tzu is tainted.

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Even My Chuang Tzu is tainted

Hi Marblehead,

Sage Chuang Tzu will understand, no worries.

Why? You are at this  (s)age and stage of your life - enjoy your wisdom or lack of.

You deserve it.

- LimA

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this