Sign in to follow this  
Taopedia

Hello!

Hi all! 

After studying Buddhism I discovered Taoism a few years ago. When I read the Tao Te Ching during a period of suicidal depression it was like seeing light at the end of the tunnel for the first time since ages. I starting reading and writing extensively on Taoism, not only reading TTC, Liezi and Zhuangzi, but also listening to almost all Alan Watts talks and anything you can find on YouTube about Taoism. I joined Tai Chi classes for a half a year but I found them a bit too expensive and might try Qi Going soon. I meditate too.

I'm happy to say that Taoism helped me to get out of the misery, so I want to stay engaged in it. I have been addressing this forum for a long time and I thought it was time to sign up.

That's it ;)

• Like 2

Hello Taopedia, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Taopedia, 

Yes, it's about time you joined so that you can get directly involved in the discussions.  Nice to hear that Taoism has help you find a better path for your life.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this