Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

The best way to alert the mods to a series of posts/pattern of behavior rather than report just one post?

There's got to be a techno short cut, but I don't know what it is?  Write a PM with explanations to a particular mod maybe?  I haven't reported anything in years I think, so I forget the drill.   

OK, since I couldn't figure it out yet, I'll post what I wanted to report here:

Folks, something needs to be done about former WeiWuWei threads.  The ones I started there were started specifically there so as not to waste any time on trolls -- it was supposed to be a place for "controversial" subjects that would be hard to keep away from whoever has an itch to scratch every time they feel threatened by the common denominator failing to stay put where they want it.  Now that OP has lost mod privileges, Nungali is having a troll ball there.  ("A Glitch in the Matrix" thread beginning on p.7 specifically.)  What's my best course of action?  If there's nothing that can be done to deter the trolling, can I delete all my WeiWuWei threads in one fell swoop? Just get rid of those threads altogether?  If I only delete what I wrote, it doesn't do anything about specifically the posts I want removed, the trolling posts, and leaves the good/wonderful/meaningful contributions by other members hanging...  so I'd rather either ask to remove the troll and the troll posts (I'll delete my responses to him then, or the mods remove them, doesn't matter), or if that's not an option, then delete all my WWW threads.  Please let me know what the solution might be.  Thanks! 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

You can always PM one of us, @dawei, @Kar3n, @thelerner, @Zhongyongdaoist. I am going to report your above post so we, the mod team, can discuss it. One of us will get back to you.

I really do not want your threads deleted. You have put up some great topics that many of us enjoy.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, OldSaint said:

If peoples posts are bothersome you can always put them on ignore. 

But it is still distracting to the thread when others read it. Sometimes it is helpful to send a pm with a request to stop doing it as it is disrupting to the thread. 

• Like 5

this is a software inefficiency. The current software isnt advanced and cant be upgraded by the owners of the website. 

• Like 1

People currently only have the ability to "Thank you" posts.

Websites like StackOverflow, when a post gets "thumbs down" by enough people, the actual post fades, so it is less visible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taomeow said:

There's got to be a techno short cut, but I don't know what it is?  Write a PM with explanations to a particular mod maybe?  I haven't reported anything in years I think, so I forget the drill.   

OK, since I couldn't figure it out yet, I'll post what I wanted to report here:

Folks, something needs to be done about former WeiWuWei threads.  The ones I started there were started specifically there so as not to waste any time on trolls -- it was supposed to be a place for "controversial" subjects that would be hard to keep away from whoever has an itch to scratch every time they feel threatened by the common denominator failing to stay put where they want it.  Now that OP has lost mod privileges, Nungali is having a troll ball there.  ("A Glitch in the Matrix" thread beginning on p.7 specifically.)  What's my best course of action?  If there's nothing that can be done to deter the trolling, can I delete all my WeiWuWei threads in one fell swoop? Just get rid of those threads altogether?  If I only delete what I wrote, it doesn't do anything about specifically the posts I want removed, the trolling posts, and leaves the good/wonderful/meaningful contributions by other members hanging...  so I'd rather either ask to remove the troll and the troll posts (I'll delete my responses to him then, or the mods remove them, doesn't matter), or if that's not an option, then delete all my WWW threads.  Please let me know what the solution might be.  Thanks! 

I have felt bad about the lost of the Anarchist permissions but will admit that I found a clumsy permission way to set it up.    I've thought that now that we are mostly out of the weeds on the updated, I should test it again (I did all that testing and found the clumsy setup about 8 months ago).  

Maybe we would bring back Anarchist permissions with more stringent requirements, meaning who can get them.

Thanks for raising this and I'll do some testing. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

That would be awesome, Dawei.  Thank you for trying!  I hope you succeed! 

For the record... I presented it to Sean among a group of admins (past and present), and Sean supported this idea against three votes to not do it...   He explained his idea to create a custom forum of member controls...   at that point, I understood where he was coming from and was thinking for the future.

It is most for that reason I think it is worth while to explore a solution.   Such discoveries will reveal what we can do and not do; what a custom forum would need, etc. 

• Like 6

FYI:  We're getting errors on the basic setup of a new group so creating a ticket to get IP.B to take a look...  not trying to delay this issue :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this