Sign in to follow this  
Miroku

Qigong and lucid dreams

Hi,

I would like to ask if some of you have any experience with lucid dreams. I am asking because I am quite interested in the topic of lucid dreaming and wonder if one can have more lucid dreams when practicing qigong and getting body into more balanced state. 

• Like 1

Hi, i was interested in lucid dreams before i even knew about qigong, and following certain actions like "reality checking" during the day helps alot. well some say that the qigong, or meditation effects the dreams , more lucidity in the day brings more into the dreams. Personally i never noticed qigong by itself to bring on lucidity, the only thing that did for me was conscious effort. i have heard there are specefic types of "sleeping qigong" practices that would work with this stuff,  but i think these teachings are harder to come by (at least in my area)

This thread might be of interest you.

And the book "tibetan yogas of dream and sleep" goes pretty deep into the subject. And not just how to do it but why to do it. Steve kindly provided free links to files of the author in the above thread.

Edited by Seatle185
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Miroku said:

Hi,

I would like to ask if some of you have any experience with lucid dreams. I am asking because I am quite interested in the topic of lucid dreaming and wonder if one can have more lucid dreams when practicing qigong and getting body into more balanced state. 

Yes, I practice lucid dreaming. You can do anything in a lucid dream including the practice of qigong. You could learn new forms from the ancient masters, create new forms of your own. You can even go to sleep in a lucid dream and have a lucid dream within a lucid dream... Lots of possibilities. I highly recommend you investigate further.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Seatle185 said:

Hi, i was interested in lucid dreams before i even knew about qigong, and following certain actions like "reality checking" during the day helps alot. well some say that the qigong, or meditation effects the dreams , more lucidity in the day brings more into the dreams. Personally i never noticed qigong by itself to bring on lucidity, the only thing that did for me was conscious effort. i have heard there are specefic types of "sleeping qigong" practices that would work with this stuff,  but i think these teachings are harder to come by (at least in my area)

This thread might be of interest you.

And the book "tibetan yogas of dream and sleep" goes pretty deep into the subject. And not just how to do it but why to do it. Steve kindly provided free links to files of the author in the above thread.

Thank you Seatle! I almost forgot about TWR's FB teachings. By a weird coincidence I have time today to watch his live teaching as I burned my foot and therefore I can't get to my qigong practice. :lol: Life is a funny thing sometimes.

Thank you Steven for your encouragment. I have already managed several lucid dreams, however the lucidity was fairly weak and only in one I have managed to do sth in the dream I wanted. Well guess now it is a good time to focus more on developing lucidity.

Sign in to follow this