Sign in to follow this  
niko

hello friends, i am niko

hello!

on the way through the internet i repeatedly stumbled upon this website so i find it a good idea to register and say hello.

my name is niko and i am from austria. i have spent some years in china for practicing baguazhang in beijing and different qi gong in wudangshan as well as tuina massage for some monthes in shanghai in a clinic. i am looking forward to talk and read about the different topics here and wish u all a nice day!

• Like 3

Hello niko, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi niko, 

Yeah, we get linked to all over the internet.  Sounds like you have some experiences you can share with us.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome, niko!

Looking forward to hearing your input!

Edited by cheya
  • Like 1

Hi niko great to have you here. Thats awsome you were able to study bagua in beijing, who did you train with? Tuina massage has also been of interest to me too.

Sounds like you have some great experience, look forward to your input too!

• Like 2

seatle185! hello, i studied (and still meet) intensively with master kong cheng, disciple of liu jingru in cheng style baguazhang.

yeah the tuina massage was great in shanghai, i still miss the city, hope to be able to go there again in the future. the treatment there was very different than here in the west, much more rough and they seemed to push very hard where it is painful on the client. but also much more internal, more about soft power which goes into the muscles and tissues. a bit like taijiquan. which i liked :)!

• Like 1

Wow that is great niko, i have seen some videos of him on youtube, and i have viewed alot of jingru's videos, the one that comes to mind is his in depth explanation of stepping. Very detailed man. Hope to study with a man of his calibre one day! 

I havent formally studied tui na, but i know it can be very powerful, my teacher studied medicine in shanghai and i have to agree the treatment can be a little different than some of the ones who only study in the west. More internal as you said is actually a great way to describe it.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to hearing more from you too!

Sign in to follow this