middle_path

What have you learned from this forum that you consider invaluable?

I have to say I am amazed by this place. Everyone here truly is a community and wisdom abounds like fruit on a tree in late spring. I have learned much and have much more to learn. 

What about you? What have the users of this forum taught you? 

• Like 9

I have learned that I am still capable of making mistakes.  Still not perfect but still working on it.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I have learned that I am still capable of making mistakes.  Still not perfect but still working on it.

Same here! I am getting better at making mistakes but my mistakes still aren't perfect.

:D

The most valuable thing I learned from this forum was the existence of Michael Lomax (Ya Mu) and his Stillness-Movement system.  The journey which began that day has been truly life-changing and it ain't over yet!  I have learned lots of other details from fellow Bums over the years but much of that has been filling in unnecessary intellectual factoids related to things which have become part of my expanding awareness as a result of Stillness-Movement.

• Like 7

Acceptance. Acceptance of myself, others and things or ideals that I may not fully agree with or understand. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

I learned that Marblehead makes mistakes too :)

• Like 4

Seriously I love this place - it's great for resources. Finding out about systems and teachings I'd never have found out about any other way.  Some great people on here and it is a real online community which always seems to survive and adapt even if sometimes it gets heated.

• Like 7

I found out about the existance of the energetic practices of taoism a long time ago here. Before that i had only known about philosophy. Back then there wasnt nearly as many resources as today so stumbling onto this place opened my eyes a bit. Iv also drawn alot of inspiration from some of the more advanced people that share here. At first this path can actually be very discouraging because some of the stuff is hard to beleive and even harder to attain. It was good to see that ordinary people like me were actually seeing these results that are talked about.. Iv learned of some good authors and teachers here too. but i dont come here to study or take techniques and try to apply them directly to practice. I actually tried to do that here and with books for years with no success. I started seeing progress when i started up with live teaching.

But again this place is a great inspiration with great people and help me stay motivated during  times of self doubt. Thanks everyone :)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, middle_path said:

I have to say I am amazed by this place. Everyone here truly is a community and wisdom abounds like fruit on a tree in late spring. I have learned much and have much more to learn. 

I appreciate that you have such a positive view of this forum...it is a great place. Welcome!

I love that we can explore so many different ideas and methods here, and they aren't censored or held back by any particular authority unless individuals choose not to write about them. It is truly the Age of Information here, and even then, is just a platform to leap off of in our journey. I wouldn't have been exposed to half of the ideas that I have been without this place.

• Like 6

Cats are creatures of habit.  I have been drinking my coffee a particular way for a long time -- I take it with TDB.  Which occasionally turns it into covfefe.  But that's all right. 

Seriously though, a lot of preliminary work (much of it invisible, behind-the-scenes work) went into gradually creating and supporting the atmosphere you have noticed and liked today.  Battles were fought and the good guys/gals won.  Mostly.  And some of the former bad guys/gals went good.  Mostly.  And some of the good guys/gals keep the best of what they have to themselves, and get to feel naughty this way. :)

Welcome! 

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Cats are creatures of habit.  I have been drinking my coffee a particular way for a long time -- I take it with TDB.  Which occasionally turns it into covfefe.  But that's all right. 

Seriously though, a lot of preliminary work (much of it invisible, behind-the-scenes work) went into gradually creating and supporting the atmosphere you have noticed and liked today.  Battles were fought and the good guys/gals won.  Mostly.  And some of the former bad guys/gals went good.  Mostly.  And some of the good guys/gals keep the best of what they have to themselves, and get to feel naughty this way. :)

Welcome! 

Covfefe has electrolytes.  It's what plants crave.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Covfefe has electrolytes.  It's what plants crave.

Most of all, I'm learning lots of new words here. Until now, all I knew was

5931dc1451e23_Download(1).jpg.9282379555379c69507409bf7e695a48.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Neologisms R Us

I'm also learning lots of new words here.  On my old timeline it's always been Neonlogisms Я Us.  

• Like 3

Just now, Taomeow said:

I'm also learning lots of new words here.  On my old timeline it's always been Neonlogisms Я Us.  

I lol'd.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

I'm LSHMSFOAIDMT.

The PC Police called -- they ask that you replace the second "S" with "CIH" ("Culturally Indeterminate Headwear") and the ending "T" with "GHF" ("Generic Held Food").

Isn't LSHMCIHFOAIDYGHF just as enjoyable?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Brian said:

The PC Police called -- they ask that you replace the second "S" with "CIH" ("Culturally Indeterminate Headwear") and the ending "T" with "GHF" ("Generic Held Food").

Isn't LSHMCIHFOAIDYGHF just as enjoyable?

Should have considered that mentioning sombreros and tacos would be an offense under Trump's government.

• Like 1

I suppose that next I am going to be told that I can no longer practice Voodoo because it is an art of Black Africans.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I suppose that next I am going to be told that I can no longer practice Voodoo because it is an art of Black Africans.

And stop exploiting Daoism!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Apech said:

Oh don't start a Trump thing - there's threads for that.

Hey! Don't look at me -- I didn't even mention the guy. (Heck, I don't even like the guy...)

• Like 1

I did mention that word first, but only because it has acquired a life of its own.  T... doesn't have to come into the picture when it is mentioned -- he merely sent it into the world, but then it soared on its own powerful wings.  Yesterday someone left a garbled voice message on my phone, which was immediately referred to as covfefe.  Today my cat asked for it for breakfast.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, middle_path said:

You will note that there are certain obsessions on here of which some are political.  One thing I have learned a lot about is American politics and how rubbish it is.  Luckily I am in Europe - which is good but does not make me safe from it all sadly.

• Like 2