Miroku

Beginner's questions on Jing, tea and stuff

Hello,

Lately I have been reading and trying to find some good and easy source of information on essence. I kinda understand how important it is, however I am interested if there is a way how to tell if one has lot of essence or if it is deficient and one should take good care of it. The reason why I want to know is because I am 22 and already I am loosing my hair quite a lot and it is slowly getting grey too (around 20 grey hair on both sides) and people usually have hard time believing I am 22 as I look to be  around 27 to them. Does it mean I have low prenatal essence? What should I do to not keep wasting it?

Also I have heard that coffee can weaken one's essence. What about black or green tea? Black tea is also a stimulant, does it mean it also weakens the essence?

Another thing that bugs me is ejaculation (I have noticed that this topic is quite popular at daobums :D). I have noticed that I feel significantly weaker after ejaculating. Also my libido is not the biggest. What should I do with it? I am trying to do it not as many times and usually take few days without it so I don't waste too much. However I have a boyfriend so it kinda is expected from me to do it from time to time. So I would like to ask, is there some easy way for beginner to use his sexual energy and not just abstain (I have been warned about Mantak Chia)? I have heard about male deer exercise, what does it do and would you recommend it?

Can't say it worked for me, but traditionally I believe young people with greying hair were pointed to He Shou Wou, a tonic that translates to 'Old Black Hair'.  Google it, see if it strikes a chord.  For a Chinese herbal its strangely inexpensive. 

note** not an herbalist, nor do I play one on TV.  Research it, pros and cons.

Addon> Speaking of my non-qualifications, for libido I like the Pine Pollen tincture like the kind at The Rural Apothecary.  Its the rare herbal where I feel and see a difference the next morning. 

• Like 3

Hello, Premature gray hair could possibly point to some more serious internal issues. The he shou wu is a good recomendation, it is good for your jing, rehmannia is also a well known chinese herb to nourish the kidneys and jing. The best idea is to talk to a chinese herbalist though because they will help you find the right formula and can recomend the right foods to help. 

Another thought is you might have a mineral deficiency, you could try supplementing minerals. It is thought that one possible cause of premature gray is a copper deficiency. 

• Like 2

You could have a issue with your kidneys like kidney yin deficiency or yang. I think you should look for a Doctor in Chinese Medicine someone who knows 5 Element acupuncture not just TCM that's the standard training in most acupuncture herbalist schools. There are like Qi Gong practices that strengthen kidney I can show you them it be hard on here but I could do my best. But I really suggest you go to a actuall doctor of eastern medicine

Edited by X2471990
  • Like 3

Thank you guys. I will do kidney exercises that I was taught and also try to relax, breath deeply and abstain from sexual activity for some time.
Also plan to visit my friend who is a doctor of chinese medicine.

• Like 1

Sometimes it is just genetic... I had a friend going bald at 20...  

Have you been athletic most of your life?  In competitive sports?  

I guess not.

And I don't know your worldview, past hurts, hopes dashed, etc. 

I would not focus on the hair issue.   And your chasing exercises to fix something you're not sure what is wrong.

Tell me an energy practice you do that gives you energy or tranquility or stillness?

But just to share an herb supplement, you can look at this:

http://www.chinesenaturalherbs.com/index.php/product/ge-jie-nourishing-kidney-pills-bu-shing-wan/

The key is to not make the perceived issue a major problem... find how to relax, release, and find energy connections in your practice. 

• Like 1

On 18. 8. 2017 at 11:34 PM, dawei said:

Sometimes it is just genetic... I had a friend going bald at 20...  

Have you been athletic most of your life?  In competitive sports?  

I guess not.

And I don't know your worldview, past hurts, hopes dashed, etc. 

I would not focus on the hair issue.   And your chasing exercises to fix something you're not sure what is wrong.

Tell me an energy practice you do that gives you energy or tranquility or stillness?

But just to share an herb supplement, you can look at this:

http://www.chinesenaturalherbs.com/index.php/product/ge-jie-nourishing-kidney-pills-bu-shing-wan/

The key is to not make the perceived issue a major problem... find how to relax, release, and find energy connections in your practice. 

Thank you! I have found that the best thing for me is doing zhan zhuang and few relaxing movements from the eagle in the nest qigong and that helps me a great deal and I feel full of energy. Since I started doing zhan zhuang almost everyday I do feel tired but usually only near night and sleep helps with it, which is completely unlike how things were before when I got tired very quickly and my body hurt for half of the day and sleeping didnt help at all.