Does anyone have any experience with convincing Reiki with Internal Alchemy and where the energy of Reiki falls in Dsoist modalities?

I have my own thoughts as to what it is and where it falls but I wanted another opinion. 

• Like 2

Reiki is one of the rays of light from the heavenly realm, a high vibrational light energy channelled from Source and not to be confused with Prana.

Reiki as it's taught IME has nothing to do with internal alchemy. Alchemy IME is about refining denser subtle energies to higher frequencies thus refining and cleansing the energy body. 

Reiki IME is more about circulating a specific stream of energy in the microcosm and also using that energy for healing. Very different approaches to cultivation. Don't try to take one system and make it everything, use it according to it's nature. 

• Like 8

I do understand that, but all things are of One World. Everything fits together in some way and many things have uses beyond their knowing until they are discovered.

What if Reiki could be used to help raise the vibrational quality of denser energies when included with internal practices?

• Like 1

There's a lot of different ways to skin an orange. I've yet to see reiki taught in such a fashion. If you want to create a whole new system of energetic alchemy using reiki i am sure it is feasible. But from what I've experienced of reiki thus far it does not involve alchemy. Creating something new and experimenting with the process would be a lot of fun. Nothing to stop you from doing so. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 3

I have a lot to learn before I go around trying to make a new system. Maybe someday after experience and wisdom has had time to find me on my path. xD

But, that's why I'm here. To draw from the wealth of the Daobums! So much to learn, so little time. lol

Hi Awakener,

I practice a style of Qigong called Pan Gu Shegong.

A very basic comparison would be to say, "It is Qigong forms with the channeling of energy, much like Reiki."

We also practice a form of energy healing that is contained within the system itself, which, I have been told, is similar to Reiki in many regards.

I don't have any experience with Reiki, personally.

And I have very limited experience with Internal Alchemy, or NeiGong.

However, I thought bringing this style to your attention may help with your question.

Seeing how Pangu Shengong is a style of Cultivation that channels qi.

Cheers,

FX

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Pan Gu Shegong.

"It is Qigong forms with the channeling of energy, much like Reiki."

Wow, thank you! I knew I couldn't have been the only one to think of it. lol Even if indirectly. Do you have any material I can look or that you can direct me to finding that you use?

I live in a deadzone for these practices. All I have around here is taekwondo, jujitsu, westernized karate, and five elements medical qigong so everything I try and practice has to be online. :/ Not ideal, but I can't exactly argue about it. lol

Edited by Awakener

I do not know much about reiki. I have read some books ( more like glanced at) and I see some similarities ( i.e. draw a sign and bring energy with incantation down) to Daoist ways, but I think the "outside" system ( i.e. widely available) is a very small part of the actual system.

I usually look at the school and practitioners and senior teachers. Do they look healthy. How is their financial being? Are they known for charity? How long had been school around? What are interpersonal relationships between students/teachers? Because it seems to me a little weird if reiki teacher claims to teach "prosperity" and is in debt himself or bringing rays of health ( Medicine Buddha) yet himself is not healthy ( obese; as usually it is a middle age woman with strange look in her eyes as she is on drugs ( or {most likely} possessed.)...same applies for relationships, money, business, happiness, etc - whatever buffet of "rays"( initiations) are offered by the teacher. 

It is on my TODO list to figure this out further, but probably in few years down the road. We spend so much time working and refining energy in qigong/neigong that it seems a little bit strange you can get abilities via attending one weekend seminar in reiki. 

Please share your experience if you have any with this. I.e. what does it feel like, does it worth it, what happens few month/years later after connection?

Meow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qicat said:

1) I usually look at the school and practitioners and senior teachers...

2) It is on my TODO list to figure this out further, but probably in few years down the road. We spend so much time working and refining energy in qigong/neigong that it seems a little bit strange you can get abilities via attending one weekend seminar in reiki. 

3) Please share your experience if you have any with this. What does it feel like, does it worth it.

4) What happens few month/years later after connection?

I numbered the quote to make it easier on myself to make a well rounded answer, cuz meow.

1) It's a very good practice to examine a Master, even amongst Reiki. My particular teacher is highly gifted and intuitive. She's a lovely lady who uses Reiki as her primary modality but has drawn wisdom from other practices and ideas to make her own personal practice more well rounded and complete. She's highly charitable, offering level 1 attunements are $55 and any Reattunements are free, even if you got them from another teacher. She respects and honors other masters and doesn't overstep their attunements. If you want to learn, but can't pay, she'll teach you but sorta put you to work in a Reiki Clinic she has that lets people experience Reiki for dirt cheap and helps newbies gain experience channeling. 10 Dollars for 45 Minutes kinda dirt cheap. A lot of Reiki Clinics will charge up to 100 for a full session (over an hour).

2) Moving right along, I ended up going in reverse. My life saw fit to introduce me to energy works Before Qigong and Neigong. I haven't even begun a practice yet because I'm so indecisive on what to shoot for that isn't a simple or weak modality. But Reiki is like any modality, the more you practice, the better you are and more benefits you get. The Attunement aligns your spirit and meridians to act as a channel for the Reiki energy. Typical practice sees no "retention" of the energy. It typically leaves the body rather quickly and is primarily directed through the crowm of the head and through the hands. Though I've had success directly it through the micro and macrocosmic orbit which I'll go into later. If one can't sense energy, intention alone can activate a channel to open and let it pass through. If one does daily Reiki treatments, it clears and opens Meridians, allowing for the development of sensitivity towards feeling energy due to direct practice with it. During channeling you tend to quiet down and instinctively go into a meditative state, so people who do Reiki on themselves and others Daily can develop senses due to this combination.

3) The familiar buzzing/tingling/vibrating feeling of Qi is a similar way that Reiki feels except the Frequency is way higher. When I direct it through my microcosmic orbit,  it tends to have a very clarifying and expansive feel to it with a heavy presence on my third eye. Different Modalities of Reiki can have different "qualities" because they can sometimes attune to a different "Ray". More often than not, Reiki maintains the basic "earth/life-energy" quality to it. Now, when I say "earth" you can think of it as "earth" on a higher octave. Reiki is the lowest frequency of the "Heavenly Rays" or "Source Energies". Some modalities will grab a few of the other rays though. By far the most expansive system I know of is "All-Love Sekhem" which is beyond Reiki. (I've also heard good things about something called "Shamballa Multidimensional Healing" but I don't know much about it besides that you need to be a Reiki Master to learn it.) If Reiki is One Ray than Sekhem, Seichim, or Seichem is the whole rainbow and is Very Powerful and so high vibrational I actually burst my channels when I channeled it for the first time and even today I have difficulties getting a stable connection which is why I'm looking for a strong Qigong or Neigong practice to compliment my practices to strengthen my spirit to handle the higher energies. In the end, as long as you find a True Master, a modality that resonates with you, and use frequently, it'll be worth your money. Using it to make aches and pains go away made it worth the money to me. xD

4) Along the lines of how things feel months/years later. There was a point in the where I went about 6 months without channeling, meditation, or doing any energy works and my meridians got cloggy and sluggish so it became difficult to channel and begin my work again. However, with daily work on myself and lots of perseverance, my meridians cleared out on about two weeks and it feels normal again, though it still took another week or two to get my system pumping the output I was used to. Reiki is a lot like love... The more you give the more you get. Reiki can be in the softer and gentler side of things at times but if you have good channels, it can feel like an intense heat but out is heavily dependent on how often you practice, as with anything.

Edited by Awakener
  • Like 2

Due to being "Source Energy" it is often described as an intelligent energy. If you let the energy work freely, it greatly benefits the user. A lot of teachers are far too regimented with their practice and it actually weakens the creative expression of the intelligent energy. It'll do the work for you and follow intentions you put forth fairly well of you give it the room to do so.

So, from my limited knowledge of qigong and qi, seems what you are describing in technical terms would be a "hook up to the Divine and channeling through the hands". It is a known method in qigong, but you also have to be grounded. Basically add some anchor so cosmic winds do not blow you away:)

If you feel energy like you are describing, qigong/neigong is your next step for sure, as complete system will teach you how to get energy from heavens, earth, water, fire, etc... i.e. well known AIR BENDER ( avatar:P)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, qicat said:

So, from my limited knowledge of qigong and qi, seems what you are describing in technical terms would be a "hook up to the Divine and channeling through the hands". It is a known method in qigong, but you also have to be grounded. Basically add some anchor so cosmic winds do not blow you away:)

If you feel energy like you are describing, qigong/neigong is your next step for sure, as complete system will teach you how to get energy from heavens, earth, water, fire, etc... i.e. well known AIR BENDER ( avatar:P)

Yeah, my energy works have gotten pretty advanced for having never practiced Qigong. I'm considering going for Flying Phoenix Qigong just because it seems highly praised here unless you have another suggestion. O_O

Also, no lie, I've done some airbender stuff before. it was pretty awesome. I connected to the Spirit of the Wind during a hurricane and we kinda danced together. Best way to describe it. lol Couldn't do it again after though. :/ Still trying to figure out how to do it on command. xD

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Awakener said:

Yeah, my energy works have gotten pretty advanced for having never practiced Qigong. I'm considering going for Flying Phoenix Qigong just because it seems highly praised here unless you have another suggestion. O_O

It does not really matter which system you are using, as they are all technically(*) the same. Westerners get hang up on "branding" and "market positioning". 

It is actually all about mind training. More like "wash off, wash on" concentration thing vs. "more fancy moves"/workshops/techniques. In my school it is trained to move qi with thought and not with a breath or move ( as qi goes much faster than thought/blood/etc). But you have to do it without straining yourself ( or you would get qi deviations, see my posts on that one).

Btw, how is reiki dealing with qi deviations? What is the equivalent there? I am just doing research on the topic...

(*) different discussion, I think there are gazillions of posts on this around here. But I am differentiating technical stuff vs "zealous students" stuff. 

1 hour ago, Awakener said:

Also, no lie, I've done some airbender stuff before. it was pretty awesome. I connected to the Spirit of the Wind during a hurricane and we kinda danced together. 

Fellow Bums, help me here. I think there is a member on this board who wrote something about it. Book or something? How he was doing this stuff as part of initiation? I don't remember the guy name. I think the book is on amazon. I actually read it on kindle. You might want to check that out and compare notes...

• Like 1

Reiki is an intelligent energy so it does what it needs to the way it Should. It's fairly difficult to mess up directing Reiki. It follows intention rather and intuitively flows the correct path.

From what I understand Reiki is a thoughform. It is like a sanguine, white man. Probably that's the inteliggence you noticed. No idea of the higher energy you mention however. But where I was going with the first post is that the air is charged with the suns energy. So plenty of energy all around you. EAT! ... Jeff's stuff is really great and improving your ability to drastically control dozens the energy in the air dozens of times more....you may end up doing some HADOU KEN ! stuff :D or at least a SOU RYU KEN!

• Like 1

I recall reading a story about the founder of reiki...he practiced asceticism and various methods in seclusion on a mountain, experienced some attainment, came down and healed a young girl's broken leg immediately. Like, bones sticking out of the leg...a moment later, perfectly fine leg.

Maybe this was just a story...but when I think of reiki, I think of all of the practitioners who aren't anywhere near something like this.

There has to be internal cultivation in addition to the practice of healing others.

• Like 3

I'm probably being, as most people would call it, negative. But maybe and since reiki has an egregore (actual thoughtform and not just a strong thought out there like Batman) as fact, maybe it uses the low level people like westerners to charge a strong battery for the people up there. Like how the christian egregore eats lunch on Sunday afternoon.

I'm not familiar with egregore in personal experience but I can surmise the meaning through your post. I don't necessarily agree with the idea that Reiki is based on a Thought-form like a diety or something but rather is something pre-existing that is being tapped into.

14 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Maybe this was just a story...but when I think of reiki, I think of all of the practitioners who aren't anywhere near something like this.

There has to be internal cultivation in addition to the practice of healing others.

Considering that this all happened in the early 1900's and many stories of his healings coming from an Earthquake in September of 1923, I personally feel that the level of healing acclaimed as to healing a full broken leg to perfect operable health be... debatable. If that level is miraculous healing were done, I believe he would have lived a long life but he died at 61 years old three years after the Earthquake.

I have observed Reiki to accelerate the healing process, but nothing Miraculous. However, I'm not discounting the possibility. Reiki usually deals with spiritual level healing and "dis-orders" whereby a proper alignment of the body, mind, and spirit facilitates the alleviation of the symptoms as well as taking away Pain. All-in-all, there is a lot of conjecture of Usui's history and I believe it should be taken lightly. Afterall, if the stories can't agree on if he was a Christian Teacher trying to learn how to heal like Jesus or a Buddhist seeking a way of applying the Dao... one should be skeptical of the stories.

14 hours ago, Arramu said:

From what I understand Reiki is a thoughform. It is like a sanguine, white man. Probably that's the inteliggence you noticed. No idea of the higher energy you mention however. But where I was going with the first post is that the air is charged with the suns energy. So plenty of energy all around you. EAT! ... Jeff's stuff is really great and improving your ability to drastically control dozens the energy in the air dozens of times more....you may end up doing some HADOU KEN ! stuff :D or at least a SOU RYU KEN!

The "intelligence" isn't so much directly noticed on the behavior of the energy, but it doesn't flow indiscriminately. It'll flow Where it is needed, the way it Needs to flow at the time. It won't disrupt natural flow but will follow it and promote it. And if natural flow is disrupted, it helps to correct it. It's very gentle in that way and someone doing Reiki doesn't need to know what's wrong for the Energy to do its job.

But as a side note, I don't know who or what this "Jeff's Stuff" is. Mind elaborating, please?

2 hours ago, Awakener said:

After all, if the stories can't agree on if he was a Christian Teacher trying to learn how to heal like Jesus or a Buddhist seeking a way of applying the Dao...

Unless of course they're the same thing :D

There are many saints who did not claim any religious identity, yet members of the religions claimed they were in order to gain converts. 

• Like 2