paulmoody24

Good afternoon!

Good afternoon, I am Paul.  I live in Reading, England with my wife of almost a year, Grace.

For a long time I have been looking through all religions, reading their texts, searching how they live their life etc.  I found no comfort or understanding relating to any of them from my perspective.  I recently read a book teaching me a little about Buddhism.  I found this the most (excuse the pun) enlightening.  Not as something that I think I could follow as a philosophy, but it was certainly getting close.  After looking at other Chinese philosophies, ways of life and religions I came across Taoism.  This took me way back to my teens when I was studying Wing Chun, and I was a huge Bruce Lee fan, all his movies, all his books.  It never struck me then that the philosophy that he followed, I too could follow, or at least my personal version of that.

I have been reading the Tao Te Ching, and the Tao of Nature just for some insights, and I really feel like this is a philosophy and way of life that I could follow.

15492519_10154160454335754_5849947626291

• Like 1

Hello paulmoody24, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Paul,

The two of you make an attractive couple.  Treat her nice and don't let her go.  I am an Atheistic Taoist and find very few conflicts between my Atheism and Taoism.  But Taoism is also a great background for nearly any religion.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2