26sol

buzzing sound

hello bums,for some years now(3-4) I am experiencing a buzzing sound inside my head,and I dont use the word noise cause not for once it has discomfort me,on the contrary it is soothing to listen to it and for some reason I consider it part of me.Nothing specific happened before I started hearing it,that of I can remember at least,It is as if it was always there and at some point I just noticed it and started paying attention to it.This is the case now,it is always there but only notice it when I start paying attention to it,when I stop it dimms down.Of course Im still open to the possibility that it is just a malfunction,even though it has not for 1 second annoyed me or have any other symptoms.

I watched a vid of a guy with a head buzz and he said that if u pay attention to it for long time it will start to split in many different tones,this never happened for me,maybe cause I was anticipating it who knows.But I pay attention to it while I meditate and it gets louder by the time.Once it got way too loud and high pitched and for a moment I felt as if there was a burst of light out of the 3rd eye but then I chickened and backed off.Lately Im trying to connect it with the dantiens.Anyone experiencing a similar sound?cheers from Greece :)

• Like 4

Yeah, it is possible that your brain is creating the sounds and not your ears.

Best wishes at figuring it out.

• Like 1

I've had that a few times while meditating. When I concentrated on the sound it seemed to place me in a deeper kind of state

Edited by Rakiel
  • Like 3

Cool stuff. I have found that there are sort of different vibrational "tones" and different layers of consciousness/mind.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 26sol said:

hello bums,for some years now(3-4) I am experiencing a buzzing sound inside my head,and I dont use the word noise cause not for once it has discomfort me,on the contrary it is soothing to listen to it and for some reason I consider it part of me.Nothing specific happened before I started hearing it,that of I can remember at least,It is as if it was always there and at some point I just noticed it and started paying attention to it.This is the case now,it is always there but only notice it when I start paying attention to it,when I stop it dimms down.Of course Im still open to the possibility that it is just a malfunction,even though it has not for 1 second annoyed me or have any other symptoms.

I watched a vid of a guy with a head buzz and he said that if u pay attention to it for long time it will start to split in many different tones,this never happened for me,maybe cause I was anticipating it who knows.But I pay attention to it while I meditate and it gets louder by the time.Once it got way too loud and high pitched and for a moment I felt as if there was a burst of light out of the 3rd eye but then I chickened and backed off.Lately Im trying to connect it with the dantiens.Anyone experiencing a similar sound?cheers from Greece :)

What frequency?

I am just curious.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brian said:

What frequency?

I am just curious.

probably between 700-900 hz and that 1 time it was more than 1000

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for sharing this, it really resonates.... :P

If you can reproduce the tones vocally, I suspect they fall on the Solfeggio scale.  I'd love to know what particular tones and frequencies you hear. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 26sol said:

I guess that I would say that the theory is close, but not the same frequency stuff. That link describes the view at the heart chakra, or sort of the beinning of hearing/feeling such stuff. In your case, you are already beyond that and hearing tones that relate to you connecting to others and your broader environment. At the next depth/tone, you will start getting more of what people call 3rd eye stuff.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Wow, thanks for sharing this, it really resonates.... :P

If you can reproduce the tones vocally, I suspect they fall on the Solfeggio scale.  I'd love to know what particular tones and frequencies you hear. 

:lol: well I used a frequency test (from 2000 to 1 hz) closed my eyes and paused when the sound got familiar.every time i stopped close to 852 la or 741 sol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I guess that I would say that the theory is close, but not the same frequency stuff. That link describes the view at the heart chakra, or sort of the beinning of hearing/feeling such stuff. In your case, you are already beyond that and hearing tones that relate to you connecting to others and your broader environment. At the next depth/tone, you will start getting more of what people call 3rd eye stuff.

exciting! what do u mean " the view at the heart chakra" and how do u know?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 26sol said:

:lol: well I used a frequency test (from 2000 to 1 hz) closed my eyes and paused when the sound got familiar.every time i stopped close to 852 la or 741 sol

How incredible!  I'm utterly fascinated by sacred geometry, solfeggio harmonics and cymatics for some years now.  They all seem interwoven inexorably to me.  And the raw affect of certain tones and vibration on emotional and mental states is potent. 

I'm also hyper interested as I've been experiencing an increase in inner senses over the last year and a half.  Music/tones, scents and visions. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 26sol said:

exciting! what do u mean " the view at the heart chakra" and how do u know?

I mean that the description was from a specific perspective and in my view not a universal view. I know because I get around and also have some past experience. 

Best, Jeff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 26sol said:

Did it resemble sound as..

1.The Banging of a War Drum ( also sounds as "Awakening Thunder")

2. The Hiss  of the Dragon ( also sounds as "Pouring Rain")

3. The Roar of the Tiger ( also sounds as "Roaring Surf")

4. The Sound of 1000 Cicadas singing.

If you hear any of the above, you are good with the inner sounds:) 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, qicat said:

Did it resemble sound as..

1.The Banging of a War Drum ( also sounds as "Awakening Thunder")

2. The Hiss  of the Dragon ( also sounds as "Pouring Rain")

3. The Roar of the Tiger ( also sounds as "Roaring Surf")

4. The Sound of 1000 Cicadas singing.

If you hear any of the above, you are good with the inner sounds:) 

yes pouring rain is a very fitting description! has some sort of grainy feel to it,would u please explain?

59 minutes ago, 26sol said:

yes pouring rain is a very fitting description! has some sort of grainy feel to it,would u please explain?

There are many ancient energetic traditions that teach the art and skill of "Hearing the Sounds of The Universe". Several ancient traditions acknowledge the three separate sound vibrations that resonate within the individual's three bodies while practicing advanced Shengong meditations. ( listed sounds above).

It is also believed by that various sounds of these resonant vibrations are actually the "Divine Sound of Creation"; and that these special sounds can be further divided into 72 levels of vibrational resonance. In Daoist Alchemy...a disciple can access the sacred realms existing within these resonant vibrations, when his Yuan Shen is in a quiescent state of stillness.

JAJ V2. p.251   

Basically if you want to explore this further I would find someone who teaches Shengong and ask few questions/sit with them for awhile. 

Also, in the book, JAJ is specifically stating the difference between hearing Inner Sounds and mental illnesses. But if I were you, I would not go around telling friends and family you hear roaring dragons:) But I would definitely discuss it with the qualified teacher. If your spirit is refined enough, you can travel to those realms. But you are already in Greece, very nice place itself:) 

Edited by qicat
grammEr :P
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, qicat said:

Basically if you want to explore this further I would find someone who teaches Shengong and ask few questions/sit with them for awhile. 

Also, in the book, JAJ is specifically states the difference between hearing Inner Sounds and mental illnesses. But if I were you, I would not go around telling friends and family you hear roaring dragons:) But I would definitely discuss it with the qualified teacher. If your spirit is refined enough, you can travel to those realms. But you are already in Greece, very nice place itself:) 

:) very much appreciated,which book is this?

but I think somebody from Germany on this forum is selling Neigong book. You might want to check that one also. It's not about the book per se, but to tell you that what you are experiencing had been documented for 5 thousand + years and you are nothing special:P ( my Sifu's words)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, qicat said:

The Sound of 1000 Cicadas singing.

This is a very fitting description indeed

+1 to Jeff for his point.

+1 to qiqcat for her sound.

Depending on which chakra is being opened, you will hear different sounds. It starts with the heart chakra aka anahata and these sounds are  called anahata sounds (anahata means unsounded/unstruck). 

• Like 1

OP, you asked whether others have experienced that buzzing sound, I've experienced it continuously for the past 12 years or so. I became aware of it at the same time I felt subtle energy in my spine, and chakra's unblocked one by one. Whether the sound was there before I couldn't say, but I never noticed it until I started meditating. I've sometimes used the noise as a focus point for meditating on, but without anything of note occurring. Likewise, the sound has never changed in pitch, and I've never found it annoying. 

Edited by aboo
  • Like 2

I take my name here from an experience of the inner silent thunder my wife and I encountered together deep in the desrt one afternoon while resting after hiking miles up a canyon in the Bad Lands on our honeymoon.  We had stopped to rest and I recall thinking, I had never heard anywhere so quiet in my life...  it seemed suddenly to me, that she and I were the only two things for a long way in any direction that were making any sound.  Zero wind.  Nothing. 

It was so potent we just stared at each other in growing awe both gradually recognizing the awareness in the other while the silence just palpably reached deeper and spread wider....

We became aware of a silence so profound... it was unbreachable.  Not even the sounds of our heartbeats or breath.  It was like I could have roared into it and not heard my own voice.

perfect calm... total silence.  I'll never forget the sensation.  It changed us both.

and then this low rushing, like water, so low and far off and yet, still silent, though absolutely clearly perceptible... rushing and it steadily grew even as the silence became more enfolding.  It rose into a roaring thunder.  In complete silence.  There seemed to be no end to the growth, it was deafening and rather terrifying because at one point it crossed my mind that this sound were I to surrender to it, would utterly dissolve any essence of me.

I don't recall how it passed, only that we looked at each other in complete dual recognition, awe and shock, then simply walked out of the canyon and back to camp in a daze. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, aboo said:

I became aware of it at the same time I felt subtle energy in my spine, and chakra's unblocked one by one

where you doing kundalini work or sth similar?thanks for sharing :)