Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

Dark Matter

I have recently decided that Dark Matter and Dark Energy are effects of electro-magnetism.  I will likely hold to this understanding until some kind of proof is presented that causes me to change my mind.

While its certainly a dark subject, I'm surprised to find it in Hun Dun.

So much of this is about balancing the math.   Creating a theory that best matches what we observe.  Computer modeling has made this a much more visible art.  The actual math for gravity is pretty simple, we plug in known and theoretical masses, distances and see what the modeled universe does.  Contract, expand, stay the same?

Our old models didn't work, there was missing mass.  We couldn't explain observed expansion.  We needed Einstein the universal constant that Einstein had dropped, partially because at the time astronomy didn't discover the galaxies were moving away from each other.  

Undoubtedly we'll jump from theory to theory, hopefully better modeling and predicting what we see.  Its a pretty recent science and though it's attracted some of the brightest minds there are, it will undoubtedly change. 

• Like 2

If we consider Dark Matter to be gravity then I think it would be logical to consider Dark Energy to be anti-gravity.

• Like 1

Another Permissions glitch...  should not be able to start topics in Chaos.

Fixed and moved here :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this