Sign in to follow this  
Echo

Selling Jerry A. Johnson's Daoist Internal Alchemy

Hi Guys,

after some thought I decided to sell my copy of Jerry Alan Johnson's "Daoist Internal Alchemy: Neigung & Weigong Training" 

As you can read in the designated threads on the Bums, it's a neverending tome of daoist cultivation advice and techniques. 

I want to sell it, because I'm changing my viewpoints and approaches to cultivation and I think it doesn't serve me anymore and might be better off in someone else's hands instead of collecting dust on my shelf. 

Price is 100€/$ (original price is 200$) not including postal charges. 

The Book has only very slight signs of wear and tear. 

To save on post service it'd be good if you are from Europe, ideally Germany. 

For further questions just ask here or send me a Pm. 

Edited by Echo

Why don't you like the book anymore, if you don't mind me asking? What do you feel was wrong with the author's viewpoint and why do you think otherwise? 

I'm more interested in you than the book :P

Haha, I take that as a comliment ;) 

Johnsons approach to spiritual cultivation is very "technical" in my opinion, the book gives a huge number of different cultivation techniques for every stage of the path. And thats what I liked about it.

But lately I gravitate more and more to "simple" teachings myself, even if they could be less effective. Part of that is also my recognition that I have some problems with analysis paralysis (and 600+ pages of advice is alot to analyse :D). I see myself better of with a more "basic" practice like cessation-contemplation / emptiness meditation that I hope can carry me very far in itself rather than trying to figure out the best technique for every step.

I think the book is a treasure for anyone who knows his stuff much better than I do at the moment and therefore has a better framework to integrate all that information and use it effectively :rolleyes:

That should be the gist of it. You should really read the book though so you can understand me better :P

Edited by Echo
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this