Sign in to follow this  
WadeGarret

What does this mean?

Sometimes if I talk to my ex, i absorb a TON of negative energy if im not strong enough.  She suffers from mental disorders and is on medication.  It can HAPPEN through a PHONE.CONVERSATION and so afterwards i must purify. It is so strange.

I also notice I absorb a lot of negative energy from a close relative I live with. When they are in my presence, they shut down and hide in their room and smoke. Sometimes their anger effects me and i absorb it. 

However if i am 14-21 days in my.cultivation or celibacy it hardly effects me. 

I sat down next to an addict guy in.the coffee shop. He got all fidgety and left. I dont drink, smoke, eat sugar and i am.celibate aside from the monthly wet dream

I spent 6 months in deep meditation and celibacy and believe i opened some channels. 

Like I can sense when my.step father. Has headaches and such.

Edited by WadeGarret
  • Like 2

We generate an energetic field which is not static -- it moves with us and varies based on lots of factors.  A dynamic energy field of any sort propagates waves.  These fields interact with each other (ours and the fields we encounter), and these interactions can be constructive or destructive (typically an undulating pattern which combines both).

As we become more powerful (we'll leave the definition of that word for another day), our fields more strongly influence those around us.  As we become more sensitive, we notice the fields around us more, notice the interactions more, and become more aware of our own fields & waves.  Additionally, we can learn to exercise some level of control over our own fields, affecting both our influence on others and their influence on us.

Just food for thought.

• Like 9

I have found that what one thinks of as negative energy from others is energy hitting on shared issues. If you didn't share the obstruction the energy would flow on through. It would have nothing to hit or get stuck on or feel negative.

What I have found is when you experience those moments use them to work within yourself. Reside in the feeling of that energy, let go of the mental stories and just reside.

It is that residing beyond the mental stories and with the obstruction/energy that allows one to let go of the issue/obstruction.

Good luck and all the best :)

• Like 12

Thanks for responding folks. I will try to be detailed as possible.

I just got off the phone with an EX-GF of mine. She has Shitzo-affective disorder. (A type of shitzofrenia) During our time together, I began to meditate 2 hours a day and eventually moved away and would only visit her on occasion. I'm pretty sure I opened up some channels, not exactly sure WHAT though.

It has only been recently through strenghening my intution, (I lived alone and only read books and avoided all forms of media) that I opened my inner-doors even more. I'm not sure how the Qi-gong community approaches this or how they explain it, all I can say that, is if I talk to someone who is close to me, for too long, I begin to absorb their symptoms. For instance, I begin to absorb her "shitzofrenic" symptoms. It literally makes me feel like going insane. The funny thing I have no history of mental illness, nor is it in my family, and it only comes on when I am around her or talk to her. 

This also happens with my mother. I absorb her anger and headaches and other pains if I am alone with her and she is feeling unhappy. The funny thing is, it doesn' thappen when all of us as a family are together. So it's pretty difficult to figure out what's going on here. This happens rarely but when it does, it sucks. As  I continue my path in celibacy and meditation and strengthening my mind, it effects me less, and I'm able to withstand it longer; but I think as I progress I will eventually just begin exorcising it out of people more or less. I already make people uncomfortable in public places, people with less will power. I sat next to an addict in a coffee shop, and he started to shake uncontrollably and he left the place. 

Basically, people who are not vibrationally aligned with me get very uncomfortable and leave. People who have peace, health, and strength tend to be okay around me.  Also I don't say that to sound like I am some sort of saint or holier-than-thou person, I guess it's just somethings I'm noticing. 

Edited by WadeGarret
  • Like 1

Some people are naturally empathic, others open up there sensitivity via training. Useful techniques in the video, there are others. Cultivate and protect your chi.

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WadeGarret said:

I just got off the phone with an EX-GF of mine. She has Shitzo-affective disorder. (A type of shitzofrenia) During our time together, I began to meditate 2 hours a day and eventually moved away and would only visit her on occasion. I'm pretty sure I opened up some channels, not exactly sure WHAT though.

It has only been recently through strenghening my intution, (I lived alone and only read books and avoided all forms of media) that I opened my inner-doors even more. I'm not sure how the Qi-gong community approaches this or how they explain it, all I can say that, is if I talk to someone who is close to me, for too long, I begin to absorb their symptoms. For instance, I begin to absorb her "shitzofrenic" symptoms. It literally makes me feel like going insane. The funny thing I have no history of mental illness, nor is it in my family, and it only comes on when I am around her or talk to her. 

This also happens with my mother. I absorb her anger and headaches and other pains if I am alone with her and she is feeling unhappy. The funny thing is, it doesn' thappen when all of us as a family are together. So it's pretty difficult to figure out what's going on here. This happens rarely but when it does, it sucks. As  I continue my path in celibacy and meditation and strengthening my mind, it effects me less, and I'm able to withstand it longer; but I think as I progress I will eventually just begin exorcising it out of people more or less. I already make people uncomfortable in public places, people with less will power. I sat next to an addict in a coffee shop, and he started to shake uncontrollably and he left the place. 

Basically, people who are not vibrationally aligned with me get very uncomfortable and leave. People who have peace, health, and strength tend to be okay around me.  Also I don't say that to sound like I am some sort of saint or holier-than-thou person, I guess it's just somethings I'm noticing. 

I really sympathize with your issue but common sense says to stop talking to them :)

You're pitting and burying yourself in the need to meditation, at some point, all day long just to be able to talk to anyone.

lots of good past comments.  I somethings like of the idea of being 'in phase vs out of phase' in regard to the amount of interference that exists.

In short, if you're bothered, that is your energy incompatibility to allow another's energy to pass through and on to a further destination where it is heading...  We all have this occur, just some more than others.

Consider a simple idea... maybe a mental mantra:  Allow; Accept; Avow

Allow that everything is arising, coming and going.  Allow such things to go their Way.

Accept this allowing...  embrace it in the sense that you are simply an outside observer watching a grand unfolding.  Don't give it any distinction as good vs bad; right vs wrong... smile on it as the sun smiles on all.

Avow to the first two in a way that there is no such thing as Avow because if you hold to any of these three, then you are still stuck on comparing outcomes and worried about them in some way.

In a way, I'm saying, starting with a new mental framework and allow your energy to flow more easily when in contact with other energy. 

• Like 1

Wade,

It's very possible that you have a strong desire for oneness, intimacy, and a deep connection with others, and out of that desire, you absorb others' energy, as a way of connecting.

But the thing is that taking on others' energy comes from a MISUNDERSTANDING of oneness. You're ALREADY one with everyone. Separation is an illusion.

When one has 'separation anxiety', they can engage in false and unhealthy forms of joining, including absorbing others' energy.

Just know that you already have total oneness.

• Like 1

Roger you might be right but there is a lot of phenomonen going on right now that I can't explain.

For instance sometimes in public places if I sit down a bunch of people get up and leave.

It's not all the time, only when I am at peace.

My last meditation session left me really jacked up.

It's been 5 days and I'm still messed up from it. Needless to stay I'm giving meditation a break for a long time. 

My head feels  there is a invisible circl around it, and when people move around me it gets affected.

Wish there was an off button. 

Kinda regretting meditation in the first place. 

Edited by WadeGarret
  • Like 3

Wade,

Have faith and be positive. Do what makes you happy, what gives you peace. Know that everything is okay, and that your experiences are right for you. We don't always see the good in things, but it is there.

When you have a positive attitude and trust that everything is happening as it should, problems get solved and healing happens.

I've experienced similar things, and it worked out for good. Everything eventually does.

All is well.

• Like 4

Having a positive attitude can be hard.  Not only does the world seem against us, but often so is our biochemistry.  It helps to keep your eyes on the positive, which often means not reading the news (a concentration of the worst happenings in the world) and not giving too much time to negative people, who'll bring you down. 

On the plus side, planning things that are good, as simple as a walk or checking the web to see if there's any (preferably free) concerts or lectures near you.  Getting out for a walk, and seeing if you can grab a coffee with a friend is always good.  Joining something, learning something.. movement and direction are usually positive. 

One thing I'll do to boost my mornings lately is listen to a Kim Walsh guided meditation on Happiness and Contentment.  Since I know the induction I'll fast forward 9 minutes, making it 13 minutes long.  It puts me under while I'm still in bed and gives me positive messages that hopefully seed my subconscious.  A nice preamble to the day when I have time.  I've turned it into an mp3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

Having a positive attitude can be hard.  

How about having no attitude?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

How about having no attitude?  

Imo having no attitude can easily slip into negativity.  For many, we default into worry and dwell on worst case scenarios.  Maybe that's an evolutionary type thing.  So we need at least a little positivity just to stay neutral. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Imo having no attitude can easily slip into negativity.  For many, we default into worry and dwell on worst case scenarios.  Maybe that's an evolutionary type thing.  So we need at least a little positivity just to stay neutral. 

I hear you and can't argue with your perspective.  However, that is where balance and harmony come into play.  No pessimism but not overly optimistic either.  Of course, holding to the concept of "free will" is necessary here.

• Like 1

Accepting yourself as you are, including negativity, may be the key.

If you TRY so hard to be positive, and fight against negativity, it can just make things worse.

The Buddhist approach, as I understand it, is to just be aware of negativity and accept it. Doing this gives one the power to let go and be positive naturally.

• Like 6

On 5/24/2017 at 9:15 PM, WadeGarret said:

1. Sometimes if I talk to my ex, i absorb a TON of negative energy if im not strong enough.  She suffers from mental disorders and is on medication.  It can HAPPEN through a PHONE.CONVERSATION and so afterwards i must purify. It is so strange.

2. I also notice I absorb a lot of negative energy from a close relative I live with. When they are in my presence, they shut down and hide in their room and smoke. Sometimes their anger effects me and i absorb it. 

3. I sat down next to an addict guy in.the coffee shop. He got all fidgety and left. I dont drink, smoke, eat sugar and i am.celibate aside from the monthly wet dream

4. I spent 6 months in deep meditation and celibacy and believe i opened some channels. 

1. Try to meditate to understand what dark part of you is "sticking" to her. Learned it hard way, trust me. Vibrations are matching, thus you collect this crap. You cannot blame them for loading sh%t on you. It's your dark matches their dark. You deal with your own ( very often deeply buried unconscious crap for which you need someone to guide you to, mental masturbation won't work in this case). If you have a teacher in neigong/neidan, ask for "soul retrieval" ( or something similar it would be called, but the idea is to go look into your subconscious for blocks ( blobs of dark energy per se).

2.  see #1

3. in addition to #1, as it is believed that any alcohol/mental issues might be an oppression/possession issues from demonic spirits it is possible those who "cannot stand you as soon as you walk in" ( even strangers), it means their demons simply cannot handle your higher vibrations. Happens to people who cultivate ( serious, not spiritual bypassing stuff). Unless you are called to exorcism, just leave it as is. There is a lengthy legal stuff of why someone would be harassed by those entities. 

4. ( I personally hate this stuff. Why do I have to suffer when it is somebody else's pain? But then... we are all ONE... blah blah blah) Technically you have a great diagnostic tool with your bodies ( energy/emotions/physical/etc), i.e. if one feels pain in a liver, you feel a kick as well. If you do taichi push-hands you probably had one of those moments where you sense your opponent issues in "full bloom". While those are all "phantom pains", it is very debilitating. I hate it. ( okay, I really DISLIKE it). Because I pick up pain from everywhere. Only last few weeks I think I got the antidote to this. I actually pray to God to remove that pain from THEM and it makes my affected organ get back to its normal state. I pick up liver issues like candies. I was even treated for "liver issues" which now I realize were not even mine. Along with "migraines" which apparently I do not have either. However, those headaches were very debilitating. I guess, I had to learn it on my own skin of how it feels - to feel humans' pain ( cats have different pain points perhaps?LOL)

Basically, sorry to say, unless you find a teacher and learn how to handle this stuff, it will be very miserable. Western doctors will tell you all your tests are clean and you are super healthy and you need to check your head with the shrink and eastern doctors will try to feed you with herbs, which won't help ( i.e. if you see on live TV a huge fire, using a fire extinguisher on TV box won't help , it's just a receiver and transformer of the signal to an image)

S4vuR-1478206042-embed-Doctor%20Cat.jpg

Edited by qicat
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, qicat said:

Basically, sorry to say, unless you find a teacher 

So you think a little pussy will solve my problems?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

no

nobody can solve your problems but you.

From what I understand, there is a some weird game going on for eons. Like there is a school or something and bored(?) SELFs wonder around from life time to lifetime picking different "subjects" to learn. Note, all of this happens without time and space ( as there is no time no space). Therefore, if you have "problems", it is your lesson to learn how to solve it. First, you need to be aware ( not even awake, so it's kind of like a cheat code), second, you need to recognize the pattern, third you need to figure out what to do with that energy ( it is easy to give up anger ( uhm...), but can you give up human love? ( attachments, blah blah blah).

And then.... those SELFs have teachers. If your teacher is a pussy, well, I think you got lucky:P . Anyways, and then there is a principal who oversees this school. And then there are probably helicopter parents...Don't let me get started on those...

meow...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw: "Not sure what your problem is but I bet it's hard to spell"

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 8:34 AM, Brian said:

We generate an energetic field which is not static -- it moves with us and varies based on lots of factors.  A dynamic energy field of any sort propagates waves.  These fields interact with each other (ours and the fields we encounter), and these interactions can be constructive or destructive (typically an undulating pattern which combines both).

As we become more powerful (we'll leave the definition of that word for another day), our fields more strongly influence those around us.  As we become more sensitive, we notice the fields around us more, notice the interactions more, and become more aware of our own fields & waves.  Additionally, we can learn to exercise some level of control over our own fields, affecting both our influence on others and their influence on us.

Just food for thought.

Reading this it kind of made me think about what is called  Wei Qi Field in Qigong

Wei_qi_field2.jpg

"All living bodies generate an external field of energy called Wei Qi (pronounced “whey chee”), which translates as “protective energy.” The definition of Wei Qi in Medical Qigong is slightly different than that of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In Classical Chinese Medicine texts, the Wei Qi field is seen to be limited to the surface of the body, circulating within the tendon and muscle tissues. In Medical Qigong, however, the Wei Qi field also includes the three external layers of the body’s auric and subtle energy fields.

This energy originates from each of the internal organs and radiates through the external tissues. There the Wei Qi forms an energy field that radiates from the entire physical body. This field of Qi protects the body from the invasion of external pathogens and communicates with, as well as interacts with, the surrounding universal and environmental energy fields."

http://keystohealing.ca/?p=3349

"Any negative interchange affects the Wei Qi by literally creating holes within the matrix of the individual’s external energetic fields. When left unattended, these holes leave the body vulnerable to penetration, and disease begins to take root in the body. Strong emotions, in the form of toxic energy, become trapped within the body’s tissues when we hold back or do not integrate our feelings. These unprocessed emotions block the natural flow of Qi, thus creating stagnant pools of toxic energy within the body."

It seemed like in reading the post, that maybe the poster is allowing other things to influence this field. Maybe by understanding it, one may be able to either strengthen it or learn how to not allow others to influence it. 

Hope things work out. 

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Reading this it kind of made me think about what is called  Wei Qi Field in Qigong

Wei_qi_field2.jpg

"All living bodies generate an external field of energy called Wei Qi (pronounced “whey chee”), which translates as “protective energy.” The definition of Wei Qi in Medical Qigong is slightly different than that of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In Classical Chinese Medicine texts, the Wei Qi field is seen to be limited to the surface of the body, circulating within the tendon and muscle tissues. In Medical Qigong, however, the Wei Qi field also includes the three external layers of the body’s auric and subtle energy fields.

This energy originates from each of the internal organs and radiates through the external tissues. There the Wei Qi forms an energy field that radiates from the entire physical body. This field of Qi protects the body from the invasion of external pathogens and communicates with, as well as interacts with, the surrounding universal and environmental energy fields."

http://keystohealing.ca/?p=3349

"Any negative interchange affects the Wei Qi by literally creating holes within the matrix of the individual’s external energetic fields. When left unattended, these holes leave the body vulnerable to penetration, and disease begins to take root in the body. Strong emotions, in the form of toxic energy, become trapped within the body’s tissues when we hold back or do not integrate our feelings. These unprocessed emotions block the natural flow of Qi, thus creating stagnant pools of toxic energy within the body."

It seemed like in reading the post, that maybe the poster is allowing other things to influence this field. Maybe by understanding it, one may be able to either strengthen it or learn how to not allow others to influence it. 

Hope things work out. 

Yes, this is what I was talking about.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, WadeGarret said:

Roger you might be right but there is a lot of phenomonen going on right now that I can't explain.

For instance sometimes in public places if I sit down a bunch of people get up and leave.

It's not all the time, only when I am at peace.

My last meditation session left me really jacked up.

It's been 5 days and I'm still messed up from it. Needless to stay I'm giving meditation a break for a long time. 

My head feels  there is a invisible circl around it, and when people move around me it gets affected.

Wish there was an off button. 

Kinda regretting meditation in the first place. 

I was in similar boat as you

People get up because you put out the vibe that you don't want negativity around you and it conflicts with the crud in them. Because of your strong energy it literally rubs them the wrong way causing them, not you, to move away.

A fix is to instead focusing on removing negativity in yourself, focus on dealing with it as it comes. Develop a type of adaptation speed, as opposed to see wall that pushes things away. It's a useful skill you have, but know that it's better to not deny or background ish the darkness but to literally transform it and rebalance it. You'll be alright.

On empathy here try these things.

Conscious Utilization, Sensing, Turning on an off

Sense your hand, sense your stomach, then sense anyone or anything around you. When your done, return your sense to yourself by sensing your hand or body.

This assists with deliberately utilising empathy. Learning to sense outside your individualized self, to outside. Then how to return to yourself.

This helps build your deliberate use of your gift.

Connection,Absorbing,Projecting

Now try to sense your hand, then with your empathy really connect to your hand and pull on it empathicly. Don't worry bout feeling it as much as the action side of it. 

Then after a bit put your focus on your hand and connect again, this time let yourself deliberately flow into your hand. Projecting empathicly your self.  It's funny to put in words but when you make the effort, it mind a resolves itself so just try it is my best advice. Not your every, not your chi, but whatever it is that's you when you empathicly sensed earlier and took from your hand, try to give this time.

You'll notice the subtlety in practice.

Now for the last bit.

Empathicly connect, then just share their feeling without taking anything or giving anything. It's difficult to describe it but it's what I suggest you get Down when you talk to your exgf. She is pulling you in for connection, you can honor that but you don't have to take her stuff into you. If she tries sending it to you unknowingly during your connection you can try this.

When feeling something hurtful or painful as an empath, we can take time to examine it. Just Connect to the pain or negativity its without absorbing it, an we can relax our mind and for lack of better wording we can literally become conscious of it by focusing on it in a relaxed way. It will play out as a mental imagery, or some type of sensation that can be kind of empathicly "dug into" til it changes from negative to positive.

Usually this empowers the person and the empath,in a way that may be unconscious to the other person. It also might give the empath a hint as to how to assist the other person.

These are things I've learned and feel good bout sharing, hopefully they help you or someone reading this post.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, WadeGarret said:

Sometimes if I talk to my ex, i absorb a TON of negative energy if im not strong enough.  She suffers from mental disorders and is on medication.  It can HAPPEN through a PHONE.CONVERSATION and so afterwards i must purify. It is so strange.

I also notice I absorb a lot of negative energy from a close relative I live with. When they are in my presence, they shut down and hide in their room and smoke. Sometimes their anger effects me and i absorb it. 

I sat down next to an addict guy in.the coffee shop. He got all fidgety and left. I dont drink, smoke, eat sugar and i am.celibate aside from the monthly wet dream

I spent 6 months in deep meditation and celibacy and believe i opened some channels. 

As someone from a Buddhist (Thai Forest Theravada and Zen, Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America) perspective.

Do another 6 months in deep meditation ;)

On 5/25/2017 at 0:37 PM, Jonesboy said:

I have found that what one thinks of as negative energy from others is energy hitting on shared issues. If you didn't share the obstruction the energy would flow on through. It would have nothing to hit or get stuck on or feel negative.

What I have found is when you experience those moments use them to work within yourself. Reside in the feeling of that energy, let go of the mental stories and just reside.

It is that residing beyond the mental stories and with the obstruction/energy that allows one to let go of the issue/obstruction.

Good luck and all the best :)

I read this before, and rereading it again, I have to highlight and say this is an outstanding post. Wanted to bump it. 

• Like 1

I agree with the post above.

But I have to say I have also seen one very sensitive person A (in terms of capacity for 'extra-sensory feelingness')  that had absolutely no relation whatsoever to person B, and talking with person B, person A felt all the negative energy and 'depression' of person B. 

Then, when person B left, all of that was gone, never to appear again, and person A realized she had sort of absorved or somehow unified her consciousness with the person B's consciousness, for a while. Strange stuff, but I've seen it happen more than once to just give the answer of "sharing issues".

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this