rene

Mobile Version Questions

If not, any tips how I can access the full version on my phone? (Samsung Galaxy S6) Thanks!

p.s...this is a very low priority request, you guys are swamped, do me last. (-:

• Like 1

I had the same thought when I tested something from my phone.

I found a discussion in 2015 that confirmed there is only one theme that automatically adjusts to size (don't they all really)...

May have to share what you cannot do or cannot find.

Formatting icons in little reply box dont work (I can html code so no biggie)

No drop-down choices anywhere, for anything, that you guys are talking about in the other thread (other than the main menu thingy, which is great btw)

No access to my own sig lines to change (had to switch to full version also previously), also like before cant see others sigs (pros&cons there lol)

Something else but dont recall.

Thanks for earlier offer of PC, most appreciated! I have one but cant go online with it up here: no internet service, just cell phone, & verizon $ucks as it is. :lol:

It'd just be nice to explore/play in the full version... but no worries! This mobile version is much better than the last one, imo.

Remembered other thing: mod action choices in PPF are pin, hide, delete. No 'unhide'

Edited by rene
add last thingy
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the changes/fixes!!

One last thing... since I cant see or access it, do I have a Signature? What does it say? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WuDao said:

Thanks for all the changes/fixes!!

One last thing... since I cant see or access it, do I have a Signature? What does it say? :lol:

Oh... what would be the fun in telling you your signature :P

Nothing there ;)

Interesting that the mobile version knows to remove the Signature setting in Account Settings... so they are serious to not let you touch that setting at all :ph34r:

And a good thing, that. B)

Thanks, dawei! Most appreciated.

• Like 1

Occasionally, scrolling through a thread, a blue line will appear between posts. Is this indicative of a hidden post? Or?

Thanks!

ps....title of this thread could be changed to Mobile Version Questions lol

• Like 1

I think that blue line marks between read and unread... at least as far as the software knows.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

I think that blue line marks between read and unread... at least as far as the software knows.

Ahhh cool. Thanks!

• Like 1

I recently uploaded 2 pics in a forum thread, and want to also put them in my PPF.  Tried the copy/paste route but only got the .jpg line. Is there a way to copy the pics over without having to re-upload? Thanks!

p.s.Stosh..I saw your question but had no help. mine is a samsung 6, maybe your version cant utilize this app. Best, rene

When you are posting, in addition to being able to select files to upload, there is a button labeled "Insert other media".  One of the two options is "Insert existing attachment".  This presents you with a list of files you have already uploaded.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

When you are posting, in addition to being able to select files to upload, there is a button labeled "Insert other media".  One of the two options is "Insert existing attachment".  This presents you with a list of files you have already uploaded.

Thanks!!

Hiya Tech crew!

Just wanted to say thanks, this mobile version is wonderful, user friendly & enjoyable!

The only thing I would add to it (but I bet it can't be done) is a way to also access the drop-down menu thingy from the bottom of a thread page, especially the long ones with loooong posts... having to scroll waaay back up top to go elsewhere is kinda annoying...

But that said, major thanks also for the Ignore function. I only have one person on it - and it does cut that particuar annoyance in half. (-:

Warm greetings!

18 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Hiya Tech crew!

Just wanted to say thanks, this mobile version is wonderful, user friendly & enjoyable!

The only thing I would add to it (but I bet it can't be done) is a way to also access the drop-down menu thingy from the bottom of a thread page, especially the long ones with loooong posts... having to scroll waaay back up top to go elsewhere is kinda annoying...

But that said, major thanks also for the Ignore function. I only have one person on it - and it does cut that particuar annoyance in half. (-:

Warm greetings!

I am not sure that is possible, but who knows...

I click Go To Topic Listings on the bottom left of the page. It is faster than scrolling.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I am not sure that is possible, but who knows...

I click Go To Topic Listings on the bottom left of the page. It is faster than scrolling.

Oh now thats a good idea! Thanks!

• Like 1

Greetings earthlings (and dawei too!)

There use to be a link on the mobile version through which one could access the full site.

Is there still? Where? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, rene said:

There use to be a link on the mobile version through which one could access the full site.

There is no option in this version that I have seen.

Sorry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

You didn't mean the ' theme ' choice at the bottom of the home screen,,  right? 

Right. There's some little things we can't do on the mobile version...like create/edit/etc our own Sig line; need to come in on a PC for that. No biggie. (-:  I use the default theme rather than the TDB one. Cleaner, loads faster.

Thanks for the try, most appreciated!

3 hours ago, rene said:

hi @rene :) -- how do u access tdb on your phone? on my phone, i view it on safari, and it looks fully functional to me in the 'default mode'.

you can access your 'account' section for doing a number of things (which you probably already know).

first, click on the "hamburger" (three verticle lines) in the upper right of any tdb page.

from this top level menu, click 'account' > 'profile' 

--> this is the place to edit your avatar, location, interests, and 'about me' section.

from the menu again, click 'account' > 'settings'

--> this is the place to edit your password, notifications, ignored users

--> to create a signature, select 'settings area' drop down, then choose 'signature'

let me know if this worked for you, and if i was clear enough! ^_^

@Kar3n would you mind testing this out to verify that these settings are accessible on mobile browsers? thanks.

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, rainbowvein said:

hi @rene :) -- how do u access tdb on your phone? on my phone, i view it on safari, and it looks fully functional to me in the 'default mode'.

you can access your 'account' section for doing a number of things (which you probably already know).

first, click on the "hamburger" (three verticle lines) in the upper right of any tdb page.

from this top level menu, click 'account' > 'profile' 

--> this is the place to edit your avatar, location, interests, and 'about me' section.

from the menu again, click 'account' > 'settings'

--> this is the place to edit your password, notifications, ignored users

--> to create a signature, select 'settings area' drop down, then choose 'signature'

let me know if this worked for you, and if i was clear enough! ^_^

@Kar3n would you mind testing this out to verify that these settings are accessible on mobile browsers? thanks.

I use Chrome to access the site.

Yes, @blue eyed snake that is how my mobile version is; it is very much like the full version with the exception of how the menu is set up.

• Like 1

Hi rainbowvein! Yeppers, I found all those things! Nowhere was Sig edit. The old mobile version didnt have Sig edit  either - but it did have a link to the PC version, which has everything! 

Thanks & All good. (-:

• Like 1

I found sig edit in android as:

1. Menu 3 bars

2. Account

3. Account Settings

4. Settings Area (down arrow to the right)

5. Signature

• Like 1