Although the emphasis varies, baizuo is used generally to describe those who “only care about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment” and “have no sense of real problems in the real world”; they are hypocritical humanitarians who advocate for peace and equality only to “satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority”; they are “obsessed with political correctness” to the extent that they “tolerate backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism”; they believe in the welfare state that “benefits only the idle and the free riders”; they are the “ignorant and arrogant westerners” who “pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours”.  https://heatst.com/culture-wars/chinese-right-wingers-mock-naive-left-wing-peers-with-white-left-insult/

• Like 2

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/18/yale-dean-placed-on-leave-over-offensive-yelp-reviews/

Pierson Head Stephen Davis sent an email Thursday informing members of the residential college that Chu had been placed on leave after he discovered there were numerous “reprehensible posts,” not the two he had been led to believe existed.

“If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!” Chu wrote in a review of a local Japanese steakhouse.

Davis, who is in charge of the college’s administration, said that review and another that described movie theater workers as “barely educated morons” were “deeply harmful to the community fabric.”

He said he discovered on Saturday night that there were other “reprehensible posts” that represented a more widespread pattern, compounded the harm of the first two and damaged his trust in Chu and her ability to lead the college.

If I felt really open... I might say that chinese are maybe the most racist of races I've ever meet... but because I've lived among them for more than 15 years.. I will just say, that is just they way they are :blink:

So I get it... it is what it is.. and it is just the way you and I are living our own lives...  as we see it. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

If I felt really open... I might say that chinese are maybe the most racist of races I've ever meet... but because I've lived among them for more than 15 years.. I will just say, that is just they way they are :blink:

So I get it... it is what it is.. and it is just the way you and I are living our own lives...  as we see it. ;)

I think that might be true as far as the past one hundred and fifty years goes.  The Chinese have been treated very badly during that time.  Prior to that I think racism was minimal.

• Like 1

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM, dawei said:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/18/yale-dean-placed-on-leave-over-offensive-yelp-reviews/

That has more to do with the fact that US college campuses are far Leftist reeducation camps, and will obviously only hire those who toe their company line.  So, her views are pretty standard for most all of the faculties and student bodies there.

The irony though is that she is actually working for a university that was originally funded by blood money made from trafficking opium to China.  Russell & Company funded key pillars of the very power infrastructures of the American Empire - like Yale, Skull & Bones, and President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.  Keep in mind that this protracted trade war probably cost 100 million Chinese lives and land.  And interestingly, BOTH the Americans (1773) and Chinese (1839) had revolutionary "tea parties" against Britain...  So, a lot of people around the world were tired of their warmongering, colonialist, drug-peddling, lying, culturally & environmentally-destructive SH!T!

So, she would actually have some historically-legitimate gripes in her contextual position - although I doubt she has any clue about those... 

I would agree that she abused her position of authority with lowball racist slander and perhaps more importantly, missed opportunities of actual education.

But, as long as students and taxpayers keep funding these institutions with such agendas, this is what they can keep expecting...  It's absolutely NO SURPRISE!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2