Hello everyone...

Here is the story of my spritual journey: https://nellaishanmugam.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/the-journey-of-a-seeker-my-story/

The post starts from how I viewed life in my early childhood, clouded by the irratational beleifs that I had.. Then I explain how my spiritual search started. I have written about evey significant event that happened along my spritual journey. I have talked about the spiritual awakening that I had in 2014 and what followed after. At last, I have also put the concept of spiritual enlightenment in a scientific perspective and tried to explain it using the terminology of academic psychology.

It is a very long post. But since it goes like a story, I believe it will be easier for you to read. I am looking forward to your comments and questions...

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing your story my friend. 

Its nice to read others experiences. I find many similar struggles, and it's encouraging and motivating to see someone else awaken. 

I also applaud your summary of osho and sadhguru. They may not be perfect but they were just what you needed, to find your way. 

i hope you'll continue to hang and chat with us bums!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Thanks for sharing your story my friend. 

Its nice to read others experiences. I find many similar struggles, and it's encouraging and motivating to see someone else awaken. 

I also applaud your summary of osho and sadhguru. They may not be perfect but they were just what you needed, to find your way. 

i hope you'll continue to hang and chat with us bums!

Thanks Fa Xin... Glad to meet you.. Yeah I will be hanging out here...:)

4 hours ago, kāvēri said:

Vanakkam (greetings) Shanmugam.  I just noticed that you asked on welcome post, about anyone from Tamil Nadu (India) here.  I can't reply on Welcome forum for some reason.  I could tell from your name right away that you are from TN.

I am from Tamil Nadu, grew up on the banks of Kaveri river.  Though I am living overseas for a long time now.

I read part of your journey.   It is inspiring,  I can relate with some of it.   There are great people here in thedaobums, from all parts of the world.   Please discuss anything you want, freely in the forums.  I got here few months back and this is one of the best things that have happened in my life.  

Thanks Kaveri.. Yeah I thought you must be from TamilNadu once I saw your name. But I thought your actual name is kaveri. I have been to trichy many times when I was young. Now I stay in Tirunelveli.. Thank you for your thoughts on my article.

• Like 1

Just wanted to make a couple of updates...

1)In the article 'The Journey of a Seeker' I didn't cover what happened in the three years after transformation. I have written a new post that covers that: Enlightenment - Is it a Myth or Real?

2) A couple of people who read the first article told me that I am trying to find faults with or judge Osho and Sadhguru.. So, let me clarify something...

There is a difference between making a judgement and making an observation.If a nurse checks your temperature and notes it down, she makes an observation. It is as simple as that. If you read the article carefully, you will see that I have only made my observations about Osho and Sadhguru and haven't really judged them. My intent for the whole article is just to list the observations that I made on my own transformation and observations I made on others who claimed enlightenment. The intention is just to show what changes after enlightenment and what doesn't, thats it..

I am trying to collaborate with other people to create a scientific explanation of enlightenment and a scientifically recommended path to attain it. So, I have taken a role of a scientist. Science has it own rules.. When I play that game, I have to go by the rules.. But many people get offended by science.They show a prejudice towards it because science doesn't accept their beliefs.But that is so silly, because 'science' is not a person to whom you can show prejudice. Science is just a systematic approach with its own rules to acquire knowledge. If you try to join a cricket team which already has 11 members and 2 substitutes, you obviously won't be able to join the team. You don't get offended because of that, as you know the rule: A team can only have 11 members... 

The whole life is just a game.. When you play a game, you just have to follow the rules.. This is also an attitude that people must take on the path to spiritual awakening. Once awakened, you understand that the whole life is a game, a play, a 'leela'...