C T

New Layout

5 minutes ago, dawei said:

Yes... you are quite bold :D

I'll look to see why all groups don't have it ;)

Also, I noticed that I see an abbreviated button bar (nine buttons) when I edit a post.

EDIT: And only six on a mobile device...

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dawei said:

Yes... you are quite bold :D

I'll look to see why all groups don't have it ;)

There seems to be no setting to enable that... like only staff has it...  speechless on some of these changes...  will look further.

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

You are braver than I am.  I haven't fiddled with mine yet.

You are far too old for  that sort of thing anyway . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brian said:

Also, I noticed that I see an abbreviated button bar (nine buttons) when I edit a post.

EDIT: And only six on a mobile device...

curious what are the missing 3 ?

I'm  confused  ... where is     off topic     , NOw there is a new  ' The Rabbit Hole '  and under that title it is described as "  That Rabbit Hole is called Off-Grid. "

....   'That rabbit hole  ....;  ???     Then under that is another new section  'The Rabbit Hole ' .

I am assuming The Rabbit HOle is old off grid  and    That Rabbit Hole is called Off-Grid. "  is   .... well ...   dunno  :huh:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brian said:

Left-most button for me is "Bold."

What happens when you press this button    ......    OH   MY  GOD !   

• Like 3

This Rabbit Hole and That Rabbit Hole are two different rabbit holes.

You think Rabbits are content with only one hole?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I'm  confused  ... where is     off topic     , NOw there is a new  ' The Rabbit Hole '  and under that title it is described as "  That Rabbit Hole is called Off-Grid. "

....   'That rabbit hole  ....;  ???     Then under that is another new section  'The Rabbit Hole ' .

I am assuming The Rabbit HOle is old off grid  and    That Rabbit Hole is called Off-Grid. "  is   .... well ...   dunno  :huh:

Just chase any Rabbit Hole... enjoy the ride...

The Rabbit Hole is Off-topic

Oh ......  I plan on enjoying the ride ,  one of the better bits is going to be this new function , for example, if I want to insult Apech , now I can write it in obscure and really hard to read colours to make him have to concentrate and really focus and then when he has and peered real close he will find out he is a x#!k*x!&*     mwha ha haaar !  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh ......  I plan on enjoying the ride ,  one of the better bits is going to be this new function , for example, if I want to insult Apech , now I can write it in obscure and really hard to read colours to make him have to concentrate and really focus and then when he has and peered real close he will find out he is a x#!k*x!&*     mwha ha haaar !  

Bollocks

• Like 2

Just tried search function,looking for:Watching the birds.

nil results,tried birds nothing AD,artificially dumb.

can we call it HAL,haha

14 minutes ago, AussieTrees said:

Just tried search function,looking for:Watching the birds.

nil results,tried birds nothing AD,artificially dumb.

can we call it HAL,haha

Now have lost reply function in welcome,HAL?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AussieTrees said:

Now have lost reply function in welcome,HAL?

Just fixed that. Thanks for reporting it.

17 hours ago, dawei said:

curious what are the missing 3 ?

Editing from a web browser, I see:

• Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Link
  • Emoticon
  • Insert/Remove Bulleted List
  • Insert/Remove Numbered List
  • Preview

I see the following from the mobile client:

• Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Emoticon
  • Link
  • Preview

Briefly, I was seeing in the web browser Edit pane all 21 which show when creating a new post but the next time I edited a post, it was back to the nine above.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I know dawei made some editor changes yesterday. This is something that may have been cached and did not update until now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

I know dawei made some editor changes yesterday. This is something that may have been cached and did not update until now.

Well...

I saw all 21 in the Edit window once.  Opened the same post to add the list I was seeing in the mobile client and it was back to nine again.

• Like 1

WTF??

i had terrible time logging in ...  now I can not find the topic thru the search fn?   

caught me totally off guard ...

HELP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ridingtheox said:

WTF??

i had terrible time logging in ...  now I can not find the topic thru the search fn?   

caught me totally off guard ...

HELP

My bad... stuck my head under the hood and worked on improving the performance... only the new engine had some fuel injection issues and took a moment to sort it out. I'll do the rest of this work later. Just want to make things a little snappier, cause they can be. Sorry for not being able to test these things separately first.

• Like 7

Editor Comment:

I like keyboard shortcuts but seems one of my favorite is gone... to highlight text and then Ctrl-L to embed a URL.

Now, highlight the text, click the Link Button ;)

• Like 1

I've rolled out a bunch of performance tweaks, figured out what went wrong last time.

switched from (mod_php,prefork with no caching) to (proxy_fcgi,fpm,event,http2, with mysql datastore and memcached caching)

Hopefully things are a little smoother and faster load-wise now, than they were since we switched.

I think the old version may have been a little faster, though we are also all-ssl now too, which is nice.

Also system reserves the right to believe that 100 page views by a guest on a single IP address could possibly be 100 individual users :rolleyes:, so our "Online Users" page is likely off by ~500 (right now it says 600+). I've got a support ticket open about this.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

I've rolled out a bunch of performance tweaks, figured out what went wrong last time.

Reveal hidden contents

switched from (mod_php,prefork with no caching) to (proxy_fcgi,fpm,event,http2, with mysql datastore and memcached caching)

Hopefully things are a little smoother and faster load-wise now, than they were since we switched.

I think the old version may have been a little faster, though we are also all-ssl now too, which is nice.

Also system reserves the right to believe that 100 page views by a guest on a single IP address could possibly be 100 individual users :rolleyes:, so our "Online Users" page is likely off by ~500 (right now it says 600+). I've got a support ticket open about this.

For some forums, that is a reasonable precaution. Not likely for us, though -- probably not more than a handful max.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

How do I put a youtube vid in a post?

Just paste in the URL.

• Like 2