C T

New Layout

I personally have no objections to being followed.  Everything we write here is searchable and following just eliminates that "step".

It ain't no big thing....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

You wouldn't believe how many times women have told me that.

• Like 5

To me the advantage of following is that my favorite posters occasionally (LOL) post in threads I'm not particularly interested in and don't read.  But then somebody will insert some more interesting angle on the subject, but I miss it, because I'm not paying attention. So the "following" thingie can do the work for me of having to pay closer attention.... but I certainly don't want to make folks uneasy!

Pondering this, I decided to un-follow the eight people I had enthusiastically started "following" when first noticing the opportunity... :rolleyes: :P

• Like 2

Love the new layout!  I'm still fairly lost as to the range of options and the locations of stuff... but I love being lost... and unfamiliarity is a welcoming, engaging energy... surety is so costly and boring. 

I really appreciate the effort spent into bringing this about...

*deep bow of respect*

Thank you to all involved!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

You wouldn't believe how many times women have told me that.

• Like 2

On April 15th Apech said 
Creepy as hell .... 
:)
This is gonna be great ! I can easily dig up anything anyone ever said ! 
Actually its been pretty interesting to see the posts in that abbreviated format, it gives a sense of the kind of response which typifies the individual , their personality , for instance , I didnt know silent thunder was an actor , nor did I notice his essential 'romantic' flair :) till now. 
Edited by Stosh
additional considerations
  • Like 1

I've discovered a major fault.  If you click on Leaderboard - Marblehead has been awarded a gold cup and I got nothing.  Clearly the software is corrupt!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Apech said:

I've discovered a major fault.  If you click on Leaderboard - Marblehead has been awarded a gold cup and I got nothing.  Clearly the software is corrupt!

Obviously, the Russians hacked the system.

In the name of egalitarianism, I propose the Leaderboard be modified to give only participation trophies (and maybe show a daisy instead of "Thank You" count?)

As an aside, I thought it was curious to look at thank-you/post ratios.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Brian said:

Obviously, the Russians hacked the system.

In the name of egalitarianism, I propose the Leaderboard be modified to give only participation trophies (and maybe show a daisy instead of "Thank You" count?)

As an aside, I thought it was curious to look at thank-you/post ratios.

I see you came in Bronze position - but you know what they say - a race has one winner and all the others are losers :)

• Like 1

The bronze position? 

Has that something feline about it?

Never heard of it ...

However I  understand the dog position is most popular in the U.S. you know the man sits up and begs whilst his partner rolls over and plays dead.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Apech said:

I see you came in Bronze position - but you know what they say - a race has one winner and all the others are losers :)

I prefer to think of it as the third WINNER trophy.

Perhaps, though, we should go with medals?

Participation-Trophies.jpg

8 minutes ago, cold said:

The bronze position? 

Has that something feline about it?

Never heard of it ...

However I  understand the dog position is most popular in the U.S. you know the man sits up and begs whilst his partner rolls over and plays dead.

Hi cold,

the silver position happens when the dog gets taken out for a walk,or is that role reversal.

I can Cat-egorally  deny that I did not walk a dog to the tattoo parlor!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kar3n said:

I personally have no objections to being followed.  Everything we write here is searchable and following just eliminates that "step".

Good to see that i am unfollowable :D

(so is Rene...)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apech said:

Yeah, but I had to pay for the damn thing.

• Like 1

Thanks to everybody who sorted out the new layout. :)

It looks great, especially on a tablet. I'm slowly getting used to all the options, and I find this new setup quite nice and flexible.

• Like 2

I long for a feature that would allow me to ignore topics as a whole, so that they would no longer appear in the content feed. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, but I had to pay for the damn thing.

I knew it!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I long for a feature that would allow me to ignore topics as a whole, so that they would no longer appear in the content feed. 

Easily fixed.  Don't turn on your computer.  Everything will be ignored.

• Like 5

OK, new round of adjustments.

1. Cover photos may now be added to the profile... apparently that was disabled by default.
  2. Signatures are now enabled again, which apparently was also disabled by default.
  3. Default return behavior in editor is now new line (the way it used to be) instead of new paragraph.
  4. All Activity stream no longer displays when people thank stuff, change profile photos, follow members, or follow content.
  5. Activity stream WILL show new member registrations, but not sure if it shows up until the new member is approved, in which case it won't show up at the top, but down the list (in the time slot when it was created):
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 8.19.41 PM.png
  6. We've tested Guest permissions and ensured that these visitors cannot see areas they should not see.
  7. We've tested some of the changes to the new member registration and approval process and things seem to be good here too.
  • Like 9

Thank you Daeluin!!!

I think that #4 means one of our very good friends will stick around! 

I'm celebrating!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

OK, new round of adjustments.

We've tested some of the changes to the new member registration and approval process and things seem to be good here too.

Yes, stuff changed to default and/or just changed from our previous version setup.   Just found another regarding registration approval methods so MH can do it the old way.

Thanks to Dae and MH for our testing, changing settings, chatting, testing, etc.

• Like 4