Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

The Dalai Lama Diet

So it turns out that the Dalai Lama just eats 1x a day in the morning. He says you'll never see him skip breakfast! :lol:

I'm a fan of 1x a day, but it's usually dinner. Anyone tried breakfast first thing? The Taoist dude, Pritchard, I think suggests a 1x a day is best around lunch.

I think the Ayervedic (sp) method teaches that one meal a day (lunch I think) is the path to wisdom. In a link from to Buddhist master (Hsuan?) it states he just eats one meal a day. I think there is an Islamic sect that preaches one meal every other day.

Less food has been the only dependable way found to lengthen life span and stall many degenerative diseases. Still, some of the practitioners look a bit skeletal.

Michael

I know some sutras and instructions i've recently come across when reading "The Secrets of Chinese Mediation: Self-culivation by Mind Control as taught in the Ch'an, Mayahana and Toasist schools in China" by Lu K'uan Yu (great book btw, though at times heavy going) recommend not eating after noon. So i guess breakfast is the most common one :)

Personally, i still eat some 3000 - 4000 calories a day... but i'm a growing lad!

Sign in to follow this