angelusnovus

Qi Gong/Meditation at ancient stone circles

In about a week I'm going to have an hour inside the circle at Stonehenge, as well as at least a full day(5am-8pm) at Callanish. 

At Stonehenge I plan on sitting in the center for half and hour than doing qi gong for the other half. At Callanish, hopefully I'll get private meditation time at dawn for at least 3-4 hours and then Ill switch to Qi Gong when other people arrive. Overall, I'm incredibly incredibly excited. 

Do any of you have experience practicing at power spots, especially in the UK? 

I'll have many days of solo walking and long meditation before going to these, so the power should hopefully not exacerbate any scatteredness and instead just help deepdeeppresence. 

I will also be at the Chapel of Rosslyn for a full day, praying with the green men :)

Edited by angelusnovus
  • Like 5

Well unless you can root, I don't know that you'll be able to sense much?

But if you can, I imagine it could be a pretty powerful experience?

Edited by gendao

"you can root"? this can mean many things it seems, and you seem to be a man that knows many things–so maybe a further explanation is possible? I mean my leg channels are pretty open(i.e. I can feel earth energy coming up them to gather at LDT whenever walking, and when I do Qi gong its starting to be a party^2 and I can feel like I'm connected like 4 feet underground), 

but perhaps are you referring to something like connect with the Earth's core?(only example I can think of with this is like Barbara Hand Clow's new age-y nine dimension system, where like here 2D activation is imagining a rod of clear white light connecting you to the center of the earth)

And yes...when Im at Stonehenge I am going to definitely postulate hard that a rod of light from the Earth's core is coming up through me. maybe this is how Michael Bay gets actors for Transformers?

Edited by angelusnovus
  • Like 1

Well, I think there's a spectrum/continuum of experiences and abilities here...and I don't have enough experience yet to compare and contrast all of them.  That would probably entail a whole thread in itself.

So mainly my point was simply that if you are on the far end of the spectrum where you basically have no sensitivity to anything immaterial in your surroundings (as I once was), then you won't be able to feel any "power" in any supposed "power" spots/vortices/etc.  Which was my own previous experience after visiting a number of those sites (including some on your list).

However, it sounds like you DO have some openness, so you may be able to sense something.  And if so, let us know what you do!

Yes please let us know your experiences.

I heard a podcast about a month ago suggesting that the sacred sites have to do with sound based practices. That Stonehenge was a big echo chamber at one time. Same with the pyramids at Giza

Some years ago a meditation group accompanied a Tibetan teacher to a Celtic stone circle (below) for a walkabout and meditation practice. Just as the practice was ending, a vivid rainbow appeared in the sky spontaneously. Not as grand as Stonehenge, but the whole event, including the energy of the practice at this particular site was inspiring to say the least. 

http://www.megalithicireland.com/Dereenataggart%20West%20Stone%20Circle.html

• Like 4

On 5/12/2017 at 9:58 PM, angelusnovus said:

"you can root"? this can mean many things it seems, and you seem to be a man that knows many things–so maybe a further explanation is possible? I mean my leg channels are pretty open(i.e. I can feel earth energy coming up them to gather at LDT whenever walking, and when I do Qi gong its starting to be a party^2 and I can feel like I'm connected like 4 feet underground), 

but perhaps are you referring to something like connect with the Earth's core?(only example I can think of with this is like Barbara Hand Clow's new age-y nine dimension system, where like here 2D activation is imagining a rod of clear white light connecting you to the center of the earth)

And yes...when Im at Stonehenge I am going to definitely postulate hard that a rod of light from the Earth's core is coming up through me. maybe this is how Michael Bay gets actors for Transformers?

I have done soundings in the Pyramids and sat atop them and been to many power spots in Europe, Tibet and elsewhere.

i would recommend that rather than lots of "doing" you consider being still and in neutrality - let the winds settle so you can feel the breeze.

Earth energy is dense and should not be brought up in the way being described - and White would be an odd choice.

You already have the tools to bring about great sensitivity - if anything - bring your crown Chakra to gold and say hello to all the energies from that vibration.

Breath into your LTD and own your channels and energy - be in the LTD and it will pour into the upper dan tiens just fine.

Walk the circle and stop and touch the stones - find the center in the shadows thrown and sit there.

if you have the time do your most current Qi Gong for an hour with good stretching before hand - open the feet and hand centers before beginning.

The stones are grounded deep - simply feel the depth of energy you are already familiar - about 14' deep and more - the rest will happen. No need to create any anxiety in your body by the thought of a gigantic blast of White Light from the Earths core - and other movie stuff. It's all right there - flowing and alive and astonishing in itself.

All the best to you!!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Before you arrive there sit in meditation and imagine each place you are about to visit - feel any tension that arises and let go of it or imagine that what ever lights up goes out into a pot in front of you. When you are finished move the pot out of your vicinity and blow it up allowing all energies to disperse back to their origins in the present at gold. Some of it will be coming back to you.

Also after this fill yourself with light in present time - light that is the highest vibration for your spiritual growth, awareness, patience and humor.

May you find clarity in your travels 

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

I have done it at plenty of Sacred sites around the UK. If you are doing a tour I would recommend Avebury Stone Circle, which unlike Stonehenge is free, you can  also walk around it without restriction. Also Glastonbury Tor plus its red and white springs. For some the energy of Glastonbury is quite strong and attracts a lot of weirdness. All of which is in the same part of the South of UK. 

• Like 4