awaken

Is Tai chi fake?

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Well.. sometimes I want something short and sweet   (that's what she said)

and actually it was a play off your comment '..the lowest form is marital' vs. martial.

unless I've fallen for another double entendre. 

Oh haha...I didn't realize i had typed "marital" instead of "martial" (freudian slip much?) :D

• Like 4

Well we have I'm sure some marital conflict between some bums, and certainly martial conflicts from time to time. And for prime examples of mortal conflict see any mo pai thread B).

Its not if but rather when :blink:.

• Like 2

The civil quality is the inner principle. The martial quality is the outward skill.

Those who have the outward skill but lack the civil principle will be consumed by reckless glory. Discarding the original purpose of the art, they will try to overpower opponents and inevitably lose.

Those on the other hand who have the civil principle but lack the outward skill will be distracted by meditative expectation. They will have no idea what to do in a fight, and they will be destroyed the moment it turns chaotic.

To apply this art upon an opponent, you must understand both the civil and martial qualities.

https://brennantranslation.wordpress.com/2013/09/14/explaining-taiji-principles-taiji-fa-shuo/

Out lines my thoughts on the matter. 

• Like 4