awaken

Is Tai chi fake?

**MOD TEAM WARNING***

Your verbal attacks on members,

Please delete all mention of my real name on this website. Attacking fake names is not allowed.

I know who I am thank you very much.

Please delete all my posts.

I hope that I have sufficiently described this person so that they recognize themselves

We poor mods with fake names, ..... blah blah.

Edited by voidisyinyang

1 hour ago, voidisyinyang said:

This is the hissy-fit.

Delete all my posts now - tell management.

Delete my posts and ban me.

I want action.

No more games.

3 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

**MOD TEAM WARNING***

Your verbal attacks on members,

Please delete all mention of my real name on this website. Attacking fake names is not allowed.

I know who I am thank you very much.

Please delete all my posts.

I hope that I have sufficiently described this person so that they recognize themselves

We poor mods with fake names, ..... blah blah.

Dear Drew,

As a member of TDB staff, who has had recent, direct communication with you, and as far as I am aware, the only to make contact about TDB rules and ToS. I have neither threatened you, nor have I played any games with you. I have been very clear and direct in my exchanges with you in both public and private.

This is a hissy fit of epic proportions, Drew! Like nothing I have ever seen from someone with such intelligence and understanding, among other things.

Had you bothered to read beyond ZYD's public warning to a specific individual, you would have noticed the person in question went a few extra steps to clear up the misunderstanding within the thread. Had you not recognized something about yourself in words not meant for you, gotten defensive and began to call names and act in an uncivil manner you would not be facing mod action.

Perhaps a short break from posting to calm yourself is in order for such a practitioner of your caliber? I will give you sometime to think about your request, but you will need to delete your own posts containing your name first. You have made it well known who you are on these forums and seem to be receptive to folks speaking of your grandeur. You think about it and you let me know how you would like this handled in about 3 days.

I had hoped you would be posting with more teaching and sharing in mind. I am quite saddened that you have chosen a different way to interact here.

Kind regards,

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kar3n said:

Dear Drew,

As a member of TDB staff, who has had recent, direct communication with you, and as far as I am aware, the only to make contact about TDB rules and ToS. I have neither threatened you, nor have I played any games with you. I have been very clear and direct in my exchanges with you in both public and private.

This is a hissy fit of epic proportions, Drew! Like nothing I have ever seen from someone with such intelligence and understanding, among other things.

Had you bothered to read beyond ZYD's public warning to a specific individual, you would have noticed the person in question went a few extra steps to clear up the misunderstanding within the thread. Had you not recognized something about yourself in words not meant for you, gotten defensive and began to call names and act in an uncivil manner you would not be facing mod action.

Perhaps a short break from posting to calm yourself is in order for such a practitioner of your caliber? I will give you sometime to think about your request, but you will need to delete your own posts containing your name first. You have made it well known who you are on these forums and seem to be receptive to folks speaking of your grandeur. You think about it and you let me know how you would like this handled in about 3 days.

I had hoped you would be posting with more teaching and sharing in mind. I am quite saddened that you have chosen a different way to interact here.

Kind regards,

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

nope - you're not sad - you're angry. I can read your energy.

I was perfectly fine with your warning - in a different thread.

The out of no where - Long Dong makes an indirect threat at me - posting my history on this site - stating "I hope I know who I am."

Hello? I use my real name on this site - people call me by my real name.

I was making fun of fake names.

Yes I know who I am. The indirect threat - not by you - but by Long Dong - was out of line.

I was told in that threat that I should not take it lightly.

I agree.

I want all mention of my real name on this website removed.

Period.

I want all my posts deleted.

thanks.

Then I want to be banned.

If you all just ban me without the above - then we know publicly the priorities of this fake website.

Fake names - "poor" fake names.

haha. Hilarious.

Thank you for your response.

You say you can not remove all mention of me on this site?

I guess that's the problem of the mods.

You'll have to ban me then without removing my name.

Then we know where this website stands.

19 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

I was perfectly fine with your warning - in a different thread.

The out of no where - Long Dong makes an indirect threat at me - posting my history on this site - stating "I hope I know who I am."

Hello? I use my real name on this site - people call me by my real name.

I was making fun of fake names.

Yes I know who I am. The indirect threat - not by you - but by Long Dong - was out of line.

I was told in that threat that I should not take it lightly.

I agree.

I want all mention of my real name on this website removed.

Period.

I want all my posts deleted.

thanks.

Then I want to be banned.

If you all just ban me without the above - then we know publicly the priorities of this fake website.

Fake names - "poor" fake names.

haha. Hilarious.

Thank you for your response.

You say you can not remove all mention of me on this site?

I guess that's the problem of the mods.

You'll have to ban me then without removing my name.

Then we know where this website stands.

No, I am not angry. Again, you are misinterpreting things to match your internal dialogue.

ZYD was not speaking to or about you in his posts. You seemed to have missed that.

Behind those "fake" names are people who are protected by the rules of this forum from abuse by other members, and that does include you.

Again, you fail to realize, you have, on many occasions, identified yourself. I, nor my fellow mods will not go through and remove your name from every topic you have ever posted in. If you want your name removed, you will have to do that yourself. We can talk about the rest later.

Seriously, take some time to cool off. Think about your reaction to what had absolutely nothing to do with you, for once.

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

at least one person here, who having returned from two bans interspersed with innumerable suspensions in between, has not learned, that in an era of Global Warming treading on thin ice is not a good idea.

First of all - that describes me precisely.

Secondly - I had just posted links and discussed global warming.

Thirdly - the mods better use DIRECT COMMUNICATION - that's a basic rule of interpersonal problem solving.

Thank you for clarifying that someone was mysteriously threatened indirectly on this website to be banned.

Creepy.

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

First of all - that describes me precisely.

Secondly - I had just posted links and discussed global warming.

Thirdly - the mods better use DIRECT COMMUNICATION - that's a basic rule of interpersonal problem solving.

Thank you for clarifying that someone was mysteriously threatened indirectly on this website to be banned.

Creepy.

We, the mod team, communicate a great deal, hence the reason I can tell you with 100% certainty that ZYD's posts were not directed at you or about you.

You have not been threatened, not by me and not by any other member of the mod team. I was quite clear about your fate if you continued with the attacks, name calling and over all uncivil attitude on these forums. You were properly warned and I am a woman of my word; you are now in the face mod action.

I have tried to give you every opportunity to rectify what you have done in this thread, and you have declined.

Please take a break.

Doesn't full lotus sound ideal about right now?

Just to clarify for the sake of Dao Bums members, my post was in regard of a report received from a long term member complaining about Starjumper's treatment of Earl Grey.  This person reminded us that Starjumper had been banned twice before, which I remember anyway, and was concerned about a return to the type of behavior that let to those bans.  I don't like to act like some kind of scolding authority figure and so I have my humorous shtick about how much we mods hate leaving our perpetual yacht party to do that sort of thing.  I don't even like pointing fingers and naming names unless I absolutely have to do so.  I also wanted bring up the fact that this person's position here was tenuous because of their past record, that made me even less willing to specifically name Starjumper.  I thought that out of the handful of people who had participated in the discussion there would only be one person, Starjumper, who would identify themselves with the description given.  Apparently I was wrong in that opinion, though Starjumper did contact me on his own because of it, we had a very productive discussion, and he decided to rectify the situation on his own.  This is shown by these three posts:

7 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Earl, if you check you will find that I predicted your upset over me describing myself but I gave you the wrong idea.  Let me see if I can explain this in a way that you find acceptable.   The reason that I mentioned my trainings in tai chi and kung fu was so than maybe Eric would see me as an equal and didn't need to talk down to me.  The reason I mentioned my abilities in physics is so that he would know that he could get into detail about i and I could understand (about the push/pull train resonance thing) and you know I REALLY was hoping I could learn something new.  On the other hand, if due to my knowledge of physics, if I deemed what he said to be incorrect I was hoping to explain it to him so that maybe he could learn something - or possible we could debate it and hash it out.  Maybe you should go back and read that post with this in mind and see if it fits. 

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Please accept my apologies for how I could have handled this better, especially for reacting rather than clarifying. 

Let us start over: Hi, I'm Earl Grey. Pleased to meet you, Starjumper. 

594c6715bd9a3_startover.png.2d6d11332cff000be5ad76913efed3fe.png

7 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

Thank you both Gentlemen, I could have hardly wished for a better outcome.  Now I hope I haven't missed dinner, the yacht chef gets really cranky if you miss a meal!

I did not intend any reference to the member who presently posts under the name voidisyinyang and regret that my elliptical mode of expression led to any sort of misunderstanding on their part.

• Like 1

I always sit in full lotus at the computer.

Unless I squat. haha. Thanks. My gums leach anaerobic bacteria in honor of our mutual purification.

There is a lot of dirty washing being done in the public arena of this thread. It is a rather boring soap opera.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chang said:

There is a lot of dirty washing being done in the public arena of this thread. It is a rather boring soap opera.

p. 92, 

In this more advanced practice, both agonist and antagonist contract simultaneously - the first isotonically in shortening, and the latter eccentrically in lengthening, in effect they work against each other and create a dynamic tension between the paired muscles.

internal oppositional exertion....is more than anything a mental shift in awareness....such omni-directional mutually cancelling efforts engage the connective tissue web continually, they increase the elastic strength of the frame even while an external observer discerns no apparent movement.

Citing the book

Masters of Perception: Sensory-Motor Integration in the Internal Martial Arts.

by Jan Diepersloot

Vol. 3, 2013.

This is an amazing book! The author gives the same Wuji-Tai Chi posture secret that I have in my free pdf - and now says the same secret I have as the core of the neidan training.

http://warriorsofstillness.com

is his website.

I emailed the author - sent him the pdf link - https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/ and told him about Eddie Oshins.

Edited by voidisyinyang

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

I don't hide behind fake names.

Delete all mention of my real name on this website.

I hope you know who I am now.

Thanks.

Can't make fun of FAKE names on this site?

Delete all mention of my real name now.

delete all my posts.

Ban me.

thanks.

Your mother named you "voidisyinyang"?  Really?!?

My mother did name me "Brian", you see -- that's why I use that name on this forum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

This is the hissy-fit.

Delete all my posts now - tell management.

Delete my posts and ban me.

I want action.

No more games.

I'm not management either.  However,

Why are we getting so personal here?  Stop the hissy-fit.  You are a big boy now.  Both of you are.  May you present me with a reflection of reality instead of your egos?

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

You wouldn't want to see me when I'm angry.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Please accept my apologies for how I could have handled this better, especially for reacting rather than clarifying. 

Let us start over: Hi, I'm Earl Grey. Pleased to meet you, Starjumper. 

594c6715bd9a3_startover.png.2d6d11332cff000be5ad76913efed3fe.png

Hi Earl, thanks.  That day was a kind of off day for me, so I spent the day on the computer, not a good combination because it tried my patience.   I can see this thread has gone to hell now so lets leave it be.

Just one mention of something =)  To say tai chi is physics is meaningless.  Everything is physics, farting is physics, rocket propulsion, which is similar to farting in some ways, is physics, breaking the accepted laws of physics with special abilities is physics.  So what?  It explains nothing.  It is necessary to explain in detail what aspect of physics is at play and how and why it apples to the subject at hand.  

The experienced members here saw that rocking a train car is not like a strike in any way, and the others don't want to know so why bother?  

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

And in truth, you don't even need "push and pull" in order to rock a train car.  All you need is "push and release" in harmony with the reaction to the action.

I love harmony.

• Like 4

I once knew a young lady named Harmony.  Never got to love her though.

I also knew a young lady named Sunshine.  But she never came up on me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Tosses revolver up in the air, spins it around, holsters it, waves at everyone with a smile and a nod, and walks off into the sunset.

Reminded me of this:

Spoiler

shane-main

• Like 3

Why don't we chalk up the bad feelings generated here to long hot summer days and the fact that the OP was made to create tension and arguments.  We have many here who practice and love Tai Chi.  It's lovely meditative art, that at its highest form is deeply martial.  However you ain't gonna see it in the MMA any time soon, though the wise fighter would do well to take it up after there bodies are breaking down after years of abuse. 

I was taught hard style is for the young, hard/soft for the mature, and soft as one moves on. 

Perhaps we can renew this thread with a better spirit. 

• Like 5

My Tai Chi is both mental and physical.

Flexibility and coordination on the physical part, mindfulness (awareness) when using the swords.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

Why don't we chalk up the bad feelings generated here to long hot summer days and the fact that the OP was made to create tension and arguments.  We have many here who practice and love Tai Chi.  It's lovely meditative art, that at its highest form is deeply martial.  However you ain't gonna see it in the MMA any time soon, though the wise fighter would do well to take it up after there bodies are breaking down after years of abuse. 

I was taught hard style is for the young, hard/soft for the mature, and soft as one moves on. 

Perhaps we can renew this thread with a better spirit. 

At the highest level taiji is Dao gong and Shen gong. It's lowest form is martial :)

Edited by dwai
s/marital/martial/
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dwai said:

At the highest level taiji is Dao gong and Shen gong. It's lowest form is marital :)

yes, but to get that good you have to be married to it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thelerner said:

yes, but to get that good you have to be married to it. 

What other way is there to get good at something? :)

• Like 1

marital versus martial?

declaring war on ones spouse?

close but sorry no cigars!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dwai said:

What other way is there to get good at something? :)

Well.. sometimes I want something short and sweet   (that's what she said)

and actually it was a play off your comment '..the lowest form is marital' vs. martial.

unless I've fallen for another double entendre. 

• Like 3