dwai

Is pure objectless consciousness "Self" aware?

I thought I noticed this Topic in one of the recent threads I was reading and participating in. Iinm it was posed as "is the Self self aware without objects?" And "can there be something called a pure subject, without any objects?"

Rupert Spira, who's becoming quite a favorite of mine, explains thus --

Edited by dwai

Where do you think it is?

Oops misread your question :)

It is everywhere and nowhere. It does not exist in either space or time

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

Where do you think it is?

Find out through dedicated practice and strict discipline. Btw, this is the first question I was asked prior attending Vipassana retreat in northern Thailand. I didn't find out back then but I did later on through Bagua practice.

You need to find out for yourself, this is the major sign of Stream Entry (Sotapanna).

Good luck :)

• Like 2

We were speaking about this recently in "Opening of the Third Eye and other byproducts along the way".

I referred to it there as Consciousness without object and spoke about it again more simply with an example in The prison of beliefs:

"In ones life consider the striking light of a sunset unexpectedly displayed, the sudden smell of something wonderful - these bring you suddenly to the present - to Presence. There is "Nothing" for a moment but Presence to the present - you are in the only existence that exists - Now.

You are gone - for a brief moment the clouds have cleared and you are astonishing Presence - you feel the light in everything. You have not yet labeled it and decided if you believe in it or not - you are not in babble - the mind has not yet hijacked the experience - emotions have not tried to hold it - instinct has not yet craved more of it."

This is what living Awakening is.

This is an example of the vivid Presence we are when for a moment the diminishing illusion is set aside.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

awareness is just an add or blanket word

if you are looking at space/scenery, you can look in like a forward movement to nothing particular(through the object or what is back of the trees)) into the scenery and to look at the objects(like trees etc) there you then move backward(towards you or the starting point) with your gaze.

your thinking mind is not part of it, it is other consciousness and can do same, you can focus on thinking as space and then focus on objects(thoughts).

also there is substance when you look at the scenery and the objects then you can do one more move you can force the eye to change dominance, change which one of the eye gets the substance or life.

These are channels you can purify any time. You need to know what is permanent sensation..what stays and what goes away, disappears. Booth impr..and perm..sensation are there you need to know what one is host. Once you know who is host, you need cultivate it because you can't yet grasp it. But one day you can and that is your objectless Yo..

..............its actually more things to do before, after, in between, but its to show not all paths lead to same results. So one mans awareness can be much more different than other persons understanding of it.

edit: you can't reach there with noting practice or vippassana, since these are pretty much "wait and see" and change. This lower rung gets solved by itself while focusing on higher rung.

to add one pointer is you yourself open up a point and can get sick, you need to know that that sickenss is not healed by ordinary way.

Edited by allinone

Oops misread your question :)

It is everywhere and nowhere. It does not exist in either space or time

If its everywhere , then it is indeed in my head. If it is nowhere then it is not a locate-able thing and saying its assertively not in my head would be a false premise.  bUt fancy stuff aside, my eye nerves lead to my brain , so I figure its fair to assert that my consciousness is indeed associated with the matter , that I am told is in there... potentially  :)

If its everywhere , then it is indeed in my head. If it is nowhere then it is not a locate-able thing and saying its assertively not in my head would be a false premise.  bUt fancy stuff aside, my eye nerves lead to my brain , so I figure its fair to assert that my consciousness is indeed associated with the matter , that I am told is in there... potentially   :)

Your head is made up of consciousness, as is your body and everything around you. 

Your head is made up of consciousness, as is your body and everything around you. 

If you are speaking figuratively , I agree , but don't see the use in seeing it that way. You should still wear a helmet riding a motorcycle, right? 

• Like 1

If you are speaking figuratively , I agree , but don't see the use in seeing it that way. You should still wear a helmet riding a motorcycle, right? 

Of course you should, until the limitations have been lifted. Then you won't need to ride a motorcycle anymore :)

• Like 3