Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Mair 6:10

Sir Chariot and Sir Mulberry were friends.  Once when it had rained continuously for ten days, Sir Chariot said to himself, "I'm afraid that Sir Mulberry may be in distress."  So he wrapped up some food in a piece of cloth and went to feed him.  When he reached Sir Mulberry's gate, he heard the strumming of a lute and a plaint that sounded as though it were between singing and crying:

"Was it father?
Was it mother?
Heaven?
Earth?"

The voice could barely sustain itself and the verses were uttered in haste.

Sir Chariot entered and asked, "Why is your song like this?"

"I am thinking about who might have brought me to this extremity, but can't come up with an answer.  Surely my father and mother would not wish for me to be so poor.  And heaven shows no preference in whom it covers nor earth in whom it supports.  How could they show preference in making me poor?  I seek to find who might have done it, but can't succeed.  Well, perhaps it was simply destiny that brought me to this extremity!"
  • Like 2

Now that is a human condition, finding the cause or reason of circumstances, and or phenomenon.

• Like 1

As is laying the cause/fault/blame on someone/something other than one's self.

• Like 2

Obviously Sir Mulberry has not attained the state of being beyond praise and blame.

And true, trying to place blame on others for our misfortunes is nothing less than a cop-out.

Again I state, we are responsible for all our thoughts, words, and deeds.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this