Sign in to follow this  
Mig

French elections May 7

I was very surprised that the French elections has not been mentioned even in the media here in States, not even a secondary news meanwhile in many other countries people follow closely an important event in France. In one hand, there is an interesting history fact where people will vote to the center and to the far right. Nobody had expected such results and now it seems that center may win considering the difficulty in getting together everybody to start new policies at the regional and national level in France. On the other hand, some people have said including philosopher Michel Onfray, that is all rigged and not much will change from the past.

As I am reading about Onfray, it seems that some his philosophy is much inclined to a daoist perspective in regards of nature.

True, not much being said in US news but I am a member of another forum that has guys who keep up with what is going on there so I am kept pretty much up to date with what is going on. 

I personally don't like the political path France has been travelling lately and think that they need a change.  We will see what the French people think.

True, not much being said in US news but I am a member of another forum that has guys who keep up with what is going on there so I am kept pretty much up to date with what is going on. 

I personally don't like the political path France has been travelling lately and think that they need a change.  We will see what the French people think.

Hi MH :)

and what's the late political path we're on Sir ? 

• Like 1

On the other hand, some people have said including philosopher Michel Onfray, that is all rigged and not much will change from the past.

There are obviously some strong economics factors that determinate more than we would like our politic so we can no more follow the ideas that lead to our ideal and we are paying for bad industrial choices, few factories left.

It is said all over the place that we can't be cheap as spain nor equal deutsche qualitat and on the same time many of us feel stuck in a European instance that is not democratic but ruled by Germany, things we cannot tolerate since they beat us on soccer in '82 and '86 both EPIC GAMES !!!!

look at this it's still a national tragedy for us...

So... yes sounds rather locked out for now but now is always changing !

• Like 3

Macron has won apparently.

Indeed, he won and now there are more questions to find out the answer in how to govern against a ferocious left and far right. At least one can see the real democracy in place. 

Hi MH :)

and what's the late political path we're on Sir ? 

Excellent question.  I think some of us Americans looked into the mirror and didn't like what we saw so we broke the mirror.

It might be an attempt to go back to when we didn't need a mirror but we all know we can't go back.  Too many things are different from what they were.

• Like 1

Me. "Mirror mirror on the wall whose the biggest liar of all?"

Mirror. "Whose running for political office? Start there."

• Like 2

Indeed, he won and now there are more questions to find out the answer in how to govern against a ferocious left and far right. At least one can see the real democracy in place. 

If Marine Le Pen had won that would also have been democracy in place - because she would have won the popular vote.  I don't get this narrative that a vote for the right is not democratic (not sure if that's what you're saying - though others are).

The narrative is Right wing non party aligned = populist.

..........................Left wing/progressive non party aligned = democracy.

Both of your wings should be in good condition if you wish to fly well.

Well yes exactly - a strong government with a strong opposition (who hold the government to account).  This breaks down if one side just says the other side is not legitimate.  As the Republicans did to Obama and now the democrats are doing to Trump.

• Like 1

Well yes exactly - a strong government with a strong opposition (who hold the government to account).  This breaks down if one side just says the other side is not legitimate.  As the Republicans did to Obama and now the democrats are doing to Trump.

Not as easy at it appears. The fact that a young educated individual or "technocrat" in one year he was able to become the first young president breaking up the classical political different rights against different lefts and some center. The results show the differences, the hope and the ras le bol of politician's promises for the past 30 or 40 years depending on opinions and still aiming to unite the whole country. MLP vote, I wouldn't say was popular, her rising to become a political party has been based on fear and intimidation as her father did in the past and the base grew from those who believed in ideals that are not French. There is a reason why Le Front National is thinking to revisit their policies and a new way to fight in this new political landscape. What's going to happen next will be interesting to check as new challenges will be difficult to face for the next parliamentary votes. This is where "democracy" is in place and I would venture to say that few countries in this world have democratic views and practices. At least that is my opinion only.

Let's wait six months or so and then reevaluate President Macron. In the meantime, one might follow the money and also examine who has supported whom.

• Like 1

Let's wait six months or so and then reevaluate President Macron. In the meantime, one might follow the money and also examine who has supported whom.

Expect the expected.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff... but I can't swim in these waters long of late...

left, right, center... so much to investigate... so many things to consider as right and wrong.

I can't make much of it any longer, thankfully... even when I'm inclined to try... there are so many very intricate and well crafted avenues of spin now regarding any information... and there is such mastery over the art of persuasion in so many mediums that it has rendered my relationship with news media all but unpalatable... it all comes with equal flavors of unreliably transmitted data saturated with intentions and biases, rendering it down to unpalatable, untrustworthy noise.  There was a time when I could read five or six sources and feel I was getting some semblance of workable data... nowadays...

my ignorance of all such matters just continues to grow, thankfully.

I confess, lately I keep my shen firmly pointed inside myself, or deep in the earth a lot recently.

when it's not there, it's then most likely aimed as far out into deep awareness as i can tolerate and cultivate.

Sign in to follow this