Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

time of day to practice Kunlun

Max suggested that I play around with the time of day to practice Kunlun, saying that it would have different effects at different times of the day or night.

I was doing it at night, but I didn't like the dreams that I was having... but the practice was great...

Recently, I've been doing it first thing in the morning... a great way to start the day, but the practice wasn't as strong on the whole. (I'm just not a morning person.)

I dislike having negative dreams and I don't know exactly what their cause is... I've had a history of having really positive, breakthrough experiences followed by having dreams of being in a haunted/spooky house where the energy was very stagnant and fearful.

My interpretation is that the dreams are from some negative thought patterns being released, so the whole thing is positive. Kunlun at night feels totally great to the point of breakthrough territory, so this fits.

I can't decide whether the dreams are a groovy catharsis or just a function of going to sleep with too much energy.

Hmmm.

I seem to get benefit no matter what time of day I do it. They seem qualitatively different somehow, perhaps just subtly enough I dont really know what to say. The mechanism is too deep for me to understand presently :)

Max gave me the following guidelines to follow when deciding what time to practice.

5 am - 7 am - For health. Yang Qi for healing.

1 pm - 3 pm - Forbidden time to practice. Too hot.

7:30 pm - 9:00 pm - Good time for Kunlun.

11 pm - 1 am - Time of spiritual powers. Daoist magick. Good time for Red Phoenix to develop abilities. More cooling time.

3 am - 3:15 am - Connect with living things outside of this world. All the Masters are up at this time at this time.

Craig

Is it fine to practice twice a day? because I personally like to do Kunlun at night, I suppose I'm a night person. I get lots of energy that way. I also would like to do it in the morning to further my cultivation.

I am not going to be able to go to a seminar for another 6 months to a year because I have to help my brother with his legal situation, so I'd like to do whatever it is I can to improve my practice without the transition.

I've asked Max that before and he told me that as long as I feel okay from practicing twice a day it would be all right. If you start to have some kind of ill effect then cut back to once a day. Lately my morning practice is long and my evening practice before bed is usually short as I am too tired then.

portcraig,

Thanks for the timeline, you rock!

So far the midnight thing is doing it for me. I'll have to check out the 3am and the 8pm thing.

Yoda

I've had some awesome practice in those times, but my environment was not one where it was possible to really get too hot in! I can see 'dont practice at this time in the summer, outside' though.

Yoda's understanding of the matter: The 1-3pm was forbidden for Red Phoenix, but is acceptable just not optimal for Kunlun. Not due to the heat of the day, but rather the vibration of that time of the day can be problematic.

Max said in one of his lectures that we should not practice between 1pm and 3 pm as it is a too negative time. People in general are usually the most negative at this time.

They also mentioned never to practice in the hot sun when outside and not to practice near lakes, rivers, streams, etc.

Craig

Max gave me the following guidelines to follow when deciding what time to practice.

5 am - 7 am - For health. Yang Qi for healing.

7:30 pm - 9:00 pm - Good time for Kunlun.

11 pm - 1 am - Time of spiritual powers. Daoist magick. Good time for Red Phoenix to develop abilities. More cooling time.

3 am - 3:15 am - Connect with living things outside of this world. All the Masters are up at this time at this time.

Craig

daoist magick hehe.. midnight is my favourite time to do it... :)

Guest winpro07

Water can pull you in when polarity shifts.

Max said in one of his lectures that we should not practice between 1pm and 3 pm as it is a too negative time. People in general are usually the most negative at this time.

They also mentioned never to practice in the hot sun when outside and not to practice near lakes, rivers, streams, etc.

Craig

Sign in to follow this