Sign in to follow this  
orshavskiy@inbox.ru

Boundaries within us

The boundary is something that has some value for us. Or at least we think so. But often we forget that each of us is the main boundary, at least in its potential. There is only one thing left - to realize it.

Rgrds, Ilya

This could actually be a good discussion if someone wants to start a thread on it.

Thank you for the idea, Marblehead, maybe we can really reach some rational with this.

I thought that while time was passing and our civilization grew up with technical progress we started to forget something very important.

All this comfortable things are only things. The main thing going on in us and around us is life-qi passing from one forms to others.

Getting it and understanding it is vitally important I think. What for?

A good question. And the answer seems to me very easy - it is a matter of live and death, isn't it?

Or may by there are other boundaries in us?

• Like 2

Thanks for starting the thread.

Dao (the universe) appears to have no boundary.  If we accept the present majority understanding, the universe was at one point (I couldn't use the word "time") One, a Singularity.  From the beginning of this cycle the universe has ever been expanding and is still doing so.

This would suggest that not only is there no boundary for "wu", Mystery, or potential, but also there is no boundary for "yu", the Manifest, the physical universe and by association, all elements within the physical universe.

However, many changes are so slow that we are unable to recognize them.  As we age we can see the changes in our body, from first recall of "self-realization" into old age.

And the intelligent aspect of what we are has even more flexibility than does our body.  We can find some of the boundaries of our physical essence; but what are the boundaries of our "wu" (Mystery) essence?  Can that even be defined?

• Like 5

Potentially, there are indeed no limitations to the possibilities. In actuality, there are limitations to the expression of the unlimited. It's as though there is a constant game of pushing and pulling at work.

Who knows? Maybe one day it will be found that even the universe expands/contracts in erratic patterns..

• Like 6

"The physical condition of early Astronauts deteriorated severely whilst in Outer Space, away from the Schumann Resonance. The problem was solved by introducing the "Schumann Simulator" into all space shuttles, a magnetic pulse generator mimicking the Earth's frequency. This demonstrates the simple fact that we cannot be healthy if disconnected from the "natural biological frequency"

http://www.schumannresonator.com/

• Like 1

Speaking of boundaries , when I was driving to work this morning I got to remembering when I was a kid having a viewmaster , which is a stereoscope for kids , anyone else have those? Googling the first set I recognized was from Heidi,, but anyway ,, I was thinking they would be cheap as heck now-a days- but apparently not,  , but anyway!

The Idea blended a bit in my head with a persons view of the world as seen from their own eyes, the entire universe boundary was only what I could see , beyond that , zippo. And each person , would be sitting with their own viewmaster.. 

I know I may not be making sense here , it was just an impression , a feeling ,distinct and weird, and I wondered if anyone recognized it. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Erratic patterns you say?

My life experience described!

Zippo lights my fire.

I as yu, being my manifest in the universe appreciates boundaries.

The edge of the meadow, before the forest.

The dunes then shore then waves or ripples.

The soil...

Clouds.

• Like 2

"The physical condition of early Astronauts deteriorated severely whilst in Outer Space, away from the Schumann Resonance. The problem was solved by introducing the "Schumann Simulator" into all space shuttles, a magnetic pulse generator mimicking the Earth's frequency. This demonstrates the simple fact that we cannot be healthy if disconnected from the "natural biological frequency"

http://www.schumannresonator.com/

Funny. I deteriorate everytime I've been staying on Earth too long.

• Like 2

Speaking of boundaries , when I was driving to work this morning I got to remembering when I was a kid having a viewmaster , which is a stereoscope for kids , anyone else have those? Googling the first set I recognized was from Heidi,, but anyway ,, I was thinking they would be cheap as heck now-a days- but apparently not,  , but anyway!

The Idea blended a bit in my head with a persons view of the world as seen from their own eyes, the entire universe boundary was only what I could see , beyond that , zippo. And each person , would be sitting with their own viewmaster.. 

I know I may not be making sense here , it was just an impression , a feeling ,distinct and weird, and I wondered if anyone recognized it.

I had a viewmaster too. It sure gave me a cosmic experience too as I was watching 'Planet of the Apes' on it.

• Like 2

I keep wondering where I stop and others start?

From what I know of you, you really don't want to find an answer for that.

• Like 1

Everything is within us, isn't it?

If so, then we should not look somewhere outside for any unknown substance as Tao... I mean if we can not understand it (Tao that can be written is not the true Tao...), then it is not the boundary... At least a goal to achieve some day.

But anything going inside of us can be felt... Do you agree?

• Like 1

From what I know of you, you really don't want to find an answer for that.

Seems very valid, my wife would likely agree with you.

From my perspective, I'll justify it as a case of no longer really being able to invest too much energy in any answer.

None of the many concrete answers could abide in the presence of expanding awareness.

And the fluid answers are, well fluid... so not really answers at all.

As my good friend and workmate Kiwi says to me... "Don't worry Creighton, you're not broken mate... horribly bent... but not broken."

• Like 1

Seems very valid, my wife would likely agree with you.

From my perspective, I'll justify it as a case of no longer really being able to invest too much energy in any answer.

None of the many concrete answers could abide in the presence of expanding awareness.

And the fluid answers are, well fluid... so not really answers at all.

As my good friend and workmate Kiwi says to me... "Don't worry Creighton, you're not broken mate... horribly bent... but not broken."

Searched for 'bent' and 'kiwi' and got this funny picture, mate.

Again, not really an answer at all... But it does cross some boundary, I suppose.

9j41ep.jpg

• Like 1

Everything is within us, isn't it?

If so, then we should not look somewhere outside for any unknown substance as Tao... I mean if we can not understand it (Tao that can be written is not the true Tao...), then it is not the boundary... At least a goal to achieve some day.

But anything going inside of us can be felt... Do you agree?

I have stated on a number of occasions when responding to questions I should no answer that the answers the person seeks are within.

Yeah, looking within we see the boundless, looking without we see the limits of various manifest things.

I still hold to the understanding that Tao cannot be known but it can be experienced.

Searched for 'bent' and 'kiwi' and got this funny picture, mate.

Even bent can be beautiful.  I'm not sure about the kiwi thought; I mean, a bird that doesn't fly?

• Like 1

Even bent can be beautiful.  I'm not sure about the kiwi thought; I mean, a bird that doesn't fly?

What about the beautiful cock then that stands at the entrance of this website?

Hmm...

• Like 1

I remember something I read not so long ago, about a Chinese man sleeping on a bench or something nearby heavy traffic or other loudness.

When people asked, why are you not bothered by this, he replied; It's none of my business, so why would I care? And soundly he slept :P

Talk about boundaries...

The question is - do we need boundaries or not?

From one point they limit us, but from another - they help us be more disciplined... Like a hidden teacher helping us go through the road.

Rgrds, Ilya

From one point they limit us, but from another - they help us be more disciplined... Like a hidden teacher helping us go through the road.

Rgrds, Ilya

Boundaries are intricate to our personality. Yes, they limit us, but they also keep us together and protect us both internally and externally.

As in all things, it's a question of finding the right balance, relative to what and where we are in life.

• Like 1

Rgrds, Ilya

My answer to your question is "Yes, we need boundaries."

I talk often about knowing our capabilities and capacities.  When we try to exceed either we normally fail and cause ourself lots of problems.

• Like 1

"When we try to exceed either we normally fail" but hopefully learn from our mistakes.

"When we try to exceed either we normally fail" but hopefully learn from our mistakes.

Caused me a chuckle.  Thanks.

Yes, we should learn from both our successes and our failures.

And with much luck we may one day attain that state of being beyond success and failure.

• Like 2

Yes one day "Any day now, any day now, I shall be released".

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this