Sign in to follow this  
3bob

good birth - bad birth?

We often hear about getting a good or bad birth... but that is iffy in many ways is it not?

For instance:  without hard lessons and struggles to overcome is a good birth really all that good,  or is a bad birth really all that bad if one learns hard lessons through struggle?  I'd say not learning and repeating or being stuck in certain ways could be labeled more as bad and with the converse of that as good. So we have the big and smaller picture to go along with this subject, Also should we assume that a bad birth always means that we didn't learn and are repeating mistakes? what if an advanced, well learned being chose an apparent  "bad birth" to whatever extent or option possible for other reasons and in effect the picture getting even bigger?

• Like 4

We often hear about getting a good or bad birth... but that is iffy in many ways is it not?

For instance:  without hard lessons and struggles to overcome is a good birth really all that good,  or is a bad birth really all that bad if one learns hard lessons through struggle?  I'd say not learning and repeating or being stuck in certain ways could be labeled more as bad and with the converse of that as good. So we have the big and smaller picture to go along with this subject, Also should we assume that a bad birth always means that we didn't learn and are repeating mistakes? what if an advanced, well learned being chose an apparent  "bad birth" to whatever extent or option possible for other reasons and in effect the picture getting even bigger?

I think you raise a good point. What one would call a bad birth gives one an opportunity to clear a lot of issues and fears. To be able to see through such challenges. Easy to be "elightened" on a pristine mountain top, but the reality of the challenges of life is where one truly comes to realize things.

• Like 2

Another thing is that reincarnation for all beings seems to lumped into just one framework, granted there may one overall framework but I think (since I don't know) that there are probably several sub-sets of laws to it depending on the Beings....

...of course speculation along these lines could become a "poison arrow" type of hang up but then again it wouldn't hurt to have general information or concepts given by those who really know.  (just as having general information and concepts about cosmology doesn't hurt as long as we don't beat it to death or are inflexible to further learning about it being that most everything has a time and place)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this