dontknwmucboutanythng

3 questions for those in the “know”

Hello,

I hope you don’t mind and  it’s ok (per your school) for you to answer these questions:

• What was the event(s) that convince you the “supernatural world” (deities, ghosts, heaven, hell, reincarnation, etc) exist?  By “convince” and “know” I mean as in knowing like 2 + 1 = 3 or some sort of hard evidence and not something like “closing your eyes” and mentally experience the other realms.  No insult or any sort of offense is intended by the  preceding sentence.
  • Did that event(s) just happen out of the blue, or after a long period of training?
  • How did this knowledge change you if at all

Thanks so much!

• Like 3

Hello,

I hope you don’t mind and  it’s ok (per your school) for you to answer these questions:

• What was the event(s) that convince you the “supernatural world” (deities, ghosts, heaven, hell, reincarnation, etc) exist?  By “convince” and “know” I mean as in knowing like 2 + 1 = 3 or some sort of hard evidence and not something like “closing your eyes” and mentally experience the other realms.  No insult or any sort of offense is intended by the  preceding sentence.
  • Did that event(s) just happen out of the blue, or after a long period of training?
  • How did this knowledge change you if at all

Thanks so much!

Michael said it in a way I think needs to be truly understood.  But this is my comment and I'm not trying to speak for others.

If you're asking the question then you don't know the answer in a primordial way.

It is also likely you're going to understand it in this lifetime, in a realized way.     

In my case, it did not change except there is always an ebb and flow but there is not a right vs wrong, not a left vs right, etc. 

Meaning, distinctions didn't mean 'two'.   I just saw everything as 'one'.   When you naturally see it that way, there is only one next step to go...

• Like 2

Never, no, so it obviously didnt... besides Reincernation isnt supernatural, nothing is.

Edited by Stosh

The first time I had an undeniable, in-your-face, life-changing, cold-sweat & hair-standing-on-end sort of experience?

For me, it was the time a woman who wasn't there -- but who was wearing a flowery sundress -- stopped me from accidentally driving off about a hundred-foot drop-off on a twisty mountain road late one​ foggy night, and then floated through a barbed-wire fence and faded away.

This was about thirty years before I "started cultivating."

Wasn't my first experience and certainly not my last but I definitely didn't need convincing after that.

I don't expect anyone to be convinced by that story but you asked.

• Like 13

The first time I had an undeniable, in-your-face, life-changing, cold-sweat & hair-standing-on-end sort of experience?

For me, it was the time a woman who wasn't there -- but who was wearing a flowery sundress -- stopped me from accidentally driving off about a hundred-foot drop-off on a twisty mountain road late one​ foggy night, and then floated through a barbed-wire fence and faded away.

This was about thirty years before I "started cultivating."

Wasn't my first experience and certainly not my last but I definitely didn't need convincing after that.

I don't expect anyone to be convinced by that story but you asked.

Its a good story though. :)

Thank you all for answering.  I wasn't sure if the 2nd reply (Michael) was a joke, though it did cause me to reflect on his answer.  YES, absolutely I don't know much (if anything at all) about the theory/practice to connect to the supernatural world and/or enlightenment.  The main reason I asked is to have "real" evidence to motivate/convince me to progress in my "practice".

A friend who is very experience/knowledgeable in the practice of Taoism and Esoteric Buddhism, put it to me this way (paraphrasing), from the time I started school until I understood calculus, then to get a degree, it took decades (slow learner, ha ha) with diligent studied and practiced.  It could possibly take as much or longer to “get” some of this stuff. So well put, but as I reflect on this I realized that with conventional education,  there are evidence of progress all  around me and readily accessible, relate-able, i.e I knew the kid next to me understood 2+3=5, the one in high school knew trig, and so-on.

From my extremely limited exposure  (read, infer, and talking with a very few people) these “supernatural” experience/worlds are all in the mind (again not mean to offend anyone). This of course makes learning/practicing difficult.  However, perhaps there is hope (in learning for me) after stumbled across (papers, books) reincarnation research at University of Virginia and the book “The Quantum and The Lotus” and recent advance, I am beginning to be able to relate some of this to my limited knowledge of conventional science.  Still, I am looking for some “hard” evidence, and especially if these are physical in nature.  Somewhere I read (or came to an understanding) that the stronger one’s belief the more one’s wishes/prayers (nothing fancy, just for less suffering in this world) stand a better chance of becoming true.  I am hoping someday my practice (daily prayer/mantra to God-Buddha) will be based more than just faith.

Thanks again.

Edited by dontknwmucboutanythng
  • Like 3

The main reason I asked is to have "real" evidence to motivate/convince me to progress in my "practice"... Still, I am looking for some “hard” evidence, and especially if these are physical in nature.

So what if i told you that based on my study/practice i can fly. It took years of arduous self discipline and training but has now become a reality. Do you believe me?

What credibility do any of us really have here? Why give us that much power? 

As far as i'm concerned were all mad and know nothing!

All that said, your in a good place. Keep being self-reflective and stay open. Follow what you feel drawn and pulled too; disregard the rest.

What you feel called to may actually be calling you.

Cheers.

• Like 3

I'm not mad, credibility is bestowed or not , it isn't a thing one has, power is borrowed.

Everything that is labeled supernatural, is not what is real ,( otherwise one would just call it natural) .

If your behaviors aren't leading to real world benefit , then a rational person would question whether they were valid for that.

If one wasn't translating their sentiments into action , a rational person might assume that sentiments aren't enough to make physical things happen, so there would be no point to seeking physical evidence for exerting sentiment alone , and so lack of physical evidence would be no reason to doubt ones sentiments. 

good stuff, Stosh. you are clearly much smarter than i.

appreciate you taking the time to drop some knowledge.

EDIT:

I'm not mad, credibility is bestowed or not , it isn't a thing one has, power is borrowed.

• credibility is bestowed. had to look up credible.... credible: able to be believed; convincing. in that case, you are correct - it isn't a thing one has but instead is bestowed. 
  • i think i understand what you mean when you say power is borrowed... care to expand further on this point?

If one wasn't translating their sentiments into action , a rational person might assume that sentiments aren't enough to make physical things happen, so there would be no point to seeking physical evidence for exerting sentiment alone , and so lack of physical evidence would be no reason to doubt ones sentiments.

• seems like there is a gem here but i can't decipher and have to run...any chance you would dumb this down and put into more layman terms...?

@OP - i think this still ties in. then again, i also think everyone here is mad so that may not be the case!

Edited by Rishi Das

good stuff, Stosh. you are clearly much smarter than i.

appreciate you taking the time to drop some knowledge.

EDIT:

• credibility is bestowed. had to look up credible.... credible: able to be believed; convincing. in that case, you are correct - it isn't a thing one has but instead is bestowed. 
  • i think i understand what you mean when you say power is borrowed... care to expand further on this point?

• seems like there is a gem here but i can't decipher and have to run...any chance you would dumb this down and put into more layman terms...?

@OP - i think this still ties in. then again, i also think everyone here is mad so that may not be the case!

I don't know if I am smarter , I do however try to come to the ultimate flat out -facts , which can often be boring , and really, does anyone think its smart to tell boring facts :) 

Power being borrowed , Well , at some level , a person cant force you to move , or do , or conclude , anything ..you consent, perhaps thinking an option is better than another. ( though it may be a choice you don't like) 

And since a given situation either allows ,or doesn't allow ,whatever you are going to do , its not really yours or mine. 

On the sentiments thing,-- He can believe in whatever faith he likes, and his faith need not be shaken by the fact he doesn't see manifestations which " prove" the validity of it.

Requirement of Proof, is not really faith anymore.

In looking to have a faith proven , he basically undermines his faith,

IF he doesn't act in such a way that causes the proof to appear.

His actions , if motivated by his faith, translate his beliefs into the manifest physical scene .

SO the situation where one is expecting magic somehow to come into play.

( in a situation where he has good thoughts and doesn't actually do anything, and then he looks for physical manifestation of his good thoughts) ,

basically undermines his own faith. 

Simply put, - Manifest the ideas , or do not require proofs. 

that was great. thank you for elaborating.

i also appreciate the grace in your first sentence. you're clear and concise and in this instance i have learned from your coming to flat out -facts.

cheers.

• Like 1

I am too slow (or reading thing too literally)  so I'll reread Stosh's post  a few more times, but a quick question for Stosh: does "Manifest the ideas" mean continue to practice/pray?  Thanks.

Edited by dontknwmucboutanythng

From my extremely limited exposure  (read, infer, and talking with a very few people) these “supernatural” experience/worlds are all in the mind (again not mean to offend anyone). This of course makes learning/practicing difficult.  However, perhaps there is hope (in learning for me) after stumbled across (papers, books) reincarnation research at University of Virginia and the book “The Quantum and The Lotus” and recent advance, I am beginning to be able to relate some of this to my limited knowledge of conventional science.  Still, I am looking for some “hard” evidence, and especially if these are physical in nature.  Somewhere I read (or came to an understanding) that the stronger one’s belief the more one’s wishes/prayers (nothing fancy, just for less suffering in this world) stand a better chance of becoming true. 

Something that also occurred to me was that the mind and the world aren't necessarily completely separate entities. But correct me if I am wrong please.

Edited by aden
  • Like 1

So you're done with understanding the 'natural' world and now you're moving on towards the supernatural?

the chair you sit on is made out of nothing and you're now probably raising a made out of nothing eyebrow, which is not even yours because there's no you. this is the natural world. isn't it magic enough to deserve more exploring before moving on?

• Like 2

the chair you sit on is made out of nothing and you're now probably raising a made out of nothing eyebrow, which is not even yours because there's no you. this is the natural world. isn't it magic enough to deserve more exploring before moving on?

My chair is real and anyone can sit on it and be supported and kept from having their butt hit the floor.

I am too slow (or reading thing too literally)  so I'll reread Stosh's post  a few more times, but a quick question for Stosh: does "Manifest the ideas" mean continue to practice/pray?  Thanks.

I don't know what you consider to be practice , Following the four truths , I consider to be a practice.If  You're actually doing the good stuff ( even if its exercising restraint )  I'd  consider that manifestation of your faith. 

Praying , reinforces your communication with your own target of faith, but its not doing me any favors, without an action. 

Edited by Stosh

My chair is real and anyone can sit on it and be supported and kept from having their butt hit the floor.

i didn't say the chair isn't real. it is. and that's the magic of it. it's real, you can sit on it and is made out of nothingness.

• Like 1

Thank you all for answering.  I wasn't sure if the 2nd reply (Michael) was a joke, though it did cause me to reflect on his answer.  YES, absolutely I don't know much (if anything at all) about the theory/practice to connect to the supernatural world and/or enlightenment.  The main reason I asked is to have "real" evidence to motivate/convince me to progress in my "practice".

A friend who is very experience/knowledgeable in the practice of Taoism and Esoteric Buddhism, put it to me this way (paraphrasing), from the time I started school until I understood calculus, then to get a degree, it took decades (slow learner, ha ha) with diligent studied and practiced.  It could possibly take as much or longer to “get” some of this stuff. So well put, but as I reflect on this I realized that with conventional education,  there are evidence of progress all  around me and readily accessible, relate-able, i.e I knew the kid next to me understood 2+3=5, the one in high school knew trig, and so-on.

From my extremely limited exposure  (read, infer, and talking with a very few people) these “supernatural” experience/worlds are all in the mind (again not mean to offend anyone). This of course makes learning/practicing difficult.  However, perhaps there is hope (in learning for me) after stumbled across (papers, books) reincarnation research at University of Virginia and the book “The Quantum and The Lotus” and recent advance, I am beginning to be able to relate some of this to my limited knowledge of conventional science.  Still, I am looking for some “hard” evidence, and especially if these are physical in nature.  Somewhere I read (or came to an understanding) that the stronger one’s belief the more one’s wishes/prayers (nothing fancy, just for less suffering in this world) stand a better chance of becoming true.  I am hoping someday my practice (daily prayer/mantra to God-Buddha) will be based more than just faith.

Thanks again.

Your candidness is to be commended.  I like reading such streaming thoughts as it share a lot.

You seem to try and mix and match physical vs supernatural as if they are two separate parts.  This occurs when one is simply in one part but realizes there seems to be another separate part.  My short comment would be that they are together separated by the mind based on where what the mind is aware of, or resides in; because we tend to separate the mind as well.

Your seeking and perception of such things is good as it is a sign of a 'pull' along a path; and part of that process usually is trying to find that right path;  in the sense that one believes there is a right path.

I can't explain much beyond the mind or physical evidence because you are asking for physical evidence that exists beyond the physical.  This is a kind of logic trap.

I would recommend a sort of reboot on beliefs:  Accept; Allow; Be Unbound.   Let go of all of the ideas that are asking questions and start with a singular concept that everything is One, and that the mind in the physical awareness will create the breakdown as separate parts.   See it all together, including the body and mind and galaxies and beyond.   

• Like 1