Seatle185

Powerful places in America

Hello everyone I have been trying to figure out where i might want to travel to this year for my time off from work and i was thinking i would ask if anyone had recomendations. I love hiking in the mountains and special places secluded in forests and the past year i was able to hike in ruidoso new mexico, and a few different locations in colorado. I would love to hear your favorite places to go. Thank you!

• Like 3

Sedona, Arizona is one of my favorite places. Just south of there is Mingus Mountain, another spot that offers up some nice energy.

• Like 5

I thought about going to sedona i have heard nothing but good things about it and is relatively close. Everyone told me arizona is "boring" driving through but i loved every minute of it, i thought the desert was beautiful. So it would be a great choice

Qicat - Shasta does intrigue me. I do hope to visit sometime. Do you think its the kind of place i can go to alone or should i consider a guide? Thanks! I havent had the chance to explore in California much, but a friend of mine lives in humbolt now and said I would love wandering through their forests.

Edited by Seatle185

Hey friend,

This page will give you lots of good info, mountains anywhere in the world and of course the ones you are after:

http://www.summitpost.org

Have you heard of this mountain before?

http://www.summitpost.org/sunrise-on-red-slate-mtn/143192/c-240230

Less known than others in Cali but nonetheless it's wonderful!

Take care,

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

Sedona and the Grand Canyon are amazing places.

I also highly recommend the Olympic Peninsula and Mt. Ranier National Park.

• Like 4

There are a number of powerful places in the Southern Appalachians (NC, TN, VA) if you are interested in East Coast locations.

• Like 4

Olympic National Park and the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state are amazing - especially if you have an affinity for trees...

Or an endless varieties of amazing mushrooms.

post-111868-0-06915200-1492873462_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The High Sierras along with the highest peak in the lower 48 which is Mt. Whitney. Elevation 14,500. That is a real mountain! If that is not enough, you can hike the John Muir trail.

Mount_Whitney_2003-03-25.jpg

• Like 3

So many places.  So many incredible, awesome, energy loaded spaces...

Boundary Waters in Minnesota.  Hardly anyone goes up there... it seems like it's virtually unknown based on the numbers of people encountered.  Bring a kayak or canoe and a compass and then say goodbye to people.  No boats with motors, no RV's, no cabins and not far away, the Ely International Wolf Center... responsible for reintroducing Wild Wolves all across America for the last 40 years or so...  Nothing quite like floating on the glass waters at dawn, with the otters, beavers, eagles and ravens all singing their songs of life.

I'll also heartily second the recommendations of Big Sur and Sedona as energetic powerhouses.  The jade stone cliffs and the constant pounding of the Pacific make Big Sur an energetic powerhouse and Sedona is like a smorgasboard of vortices.

Or for transcendent energy like no other... the great groves of Sequoia and the staggeringly lush valleys strewn all across King's Canyon country.  I think the family and I are heading back there this year, when I find a suitable person to care for our feline family for us when we go...

I also recall with potent joy, the energy of the stones on Cadillac Mountain out in Maine.  The first spot to be touched by the sun each day in North America, with its view of the Porcupine Islands, it's in the top five for me as well.

• Like 5

So many places.  So many incredible, awesome, energy loaded spaces...

Boundary Waters in Minnesota.  Hardly anyone goes up there... it seems like it's virtually unknown based on the numbers of people encountered.  Bring a kayak or canoe and a compass and then say goodbye to people.  No boats with motors, no RV's, no cabins and not far away, the Ely International Wolf Center... responsible for reintroducing Wild Wolves all across America for the last 40 years or so...  Nothing quite like floating on the glass waters at dawn, with the otters, beavers, eagles and ravens all singing their songs of life.

I'll also heartily second the recommendations of Big Sur and Sedona as energetic powerhouses.  The jade stone cliffs and the constant pounding of the Pacific make Big Sur an energetic powerhouse and Sedona is like a smorgasboard of vortices.

Or for transcendent energy like no other... the great groves of Sequoia and the staggeringly lush valleys strewn all across King's Canyon country.  I think the family and I are heading back there this year, when I find a suitable person to care for our feline family for us when we go...

I also recall with potent joy, the energy of the stones on Cadillac Mountain out in Maine.  The first spot to be touched by the sun each day in North America, with its view of the Porcupine Islands, it's in the top five for me as well.

You forgot to include the infamous Minnesota mosquitoes

Hey friend,

This page will give you lots of good info, mountains anywhere in the world and of course the ones you are after:

http://www.summitpost.org

Have you heard of this mountain before?

http://www.summitpost.org/sunrise-on-red-slate-mtn/143192/c-240230

Less known than others in Cali but nonetheless it's wonderful!

Take care,

:)

Thanks gerard,

No i havent heard of that mountain but it looks great. Im familiar with summitpost too, iv used it to find the more popular peaks but even better the peaks that arent well known to many!

And thank you to all that answered, alot of people have mentioned places in california so i am leaning towards there and since i would be driving from texas i could definately stop for a few days in arizona to visit sedona and some other places i was interested in there.

• Like 1