Taomeow

Synchronicities, uncanny coincidences, strange resonances in your life (memorable, or recent)?

A fellow student of my Qi Gong master had a boat for sale but was out of the country frequently and so I helped him sell it.

I sold it to a women that lived on her boat in Sausalito- she was across two major bridges from me in Alameda, CA.

Secondly:

I for some reason one day found myself somehow looking at boats in the Fresno area on Craigslist - in there I found an offering for a free sail boat in Sausalito - I immediately responded and said I would take it. Two days past and I assumed it was gone but then on Saturday morning I got a call that asked if I was still interested in the boat and that if I was I could have it. It turns out the boat was at the same marina and same parking area as the women I sold the boat to.

Thirdly:

One day struck by rediculous runaway home prices and rents my wife said "I could live on a boat" - and that day I found the boat that we ended up purchasing - I found it in a sailing rag advertised though it was a large powerboat. The seller was not ready to show it but I convinced him to and so he told me it was in Sausalito- it turned out to be in the same marina and the same parking lot as the other two incidents above.

Fourthly:

We purchased the boat after a lengthy process of negotiations - the seller has Parkinson's disease and one of the hallmarks of that disease can be difficulty in making up ones mind. Anyway, we had it hauled out nearby for repairs and new shafts ($6000 just for the shafts). We paid cash for the boat and cash for all the yard work and in the end we sorely needed about $3500. I had had the free boat up for sale for over six months and the summer/fall was over and we were into middle winter (worst time to find a boat buyer) The week we needed the $3500 I get a call from someone in Tahoe who wants the boat - for $3500 without the motor.

Fifthly:

At this point it's practically a side note but a few months after that I needed an extra $750 for something and that day I got a call on the boat motor I had for sale from the free boat.

Sixthly:

When I found the powerboat we eventually bought my wife asked how we were going to pay for it.

i said "I don't know but it will happen - everything in the Universe is practically yelling it"

And then my mother's brother of 95 died and left her a small inheritance which she gave to us to buy the boat.

Edited by Spotless
I was reminded of a further element
  • Like 9

OK, going back in time a couple of weeks:

I was researching the Mandela Effect, and of course you come across a lot of nonsense before you dig up a gem, lots of false tracks...  or maybe not false some of them but not my tracks...  so, I wasn't too upset when the lead I followed that asserted  "there's something that connects Mandela to dragonflies" brought me to a dead end.  Some random video by some random guy that had Mandela and dragonflies in the title but was so verbose and boring that I had to abandon it.  I decided I might look again elsewhere, then stepped outside to do something or other, and saw two huge dragonflies sitting on the wall of the house, in perfect symmetry, one to the left of a window and another one to the right, equidistant from the window and the roof.  But huge.  I'd never seen dragonflies sit on walls before.  Moths, bugs, snails, but not dragonflies.  And not dragonflies I was researching five minutes prior to the fact.   

• Like 6

This morning as I was wanted to do some extra tai chi I had to convince my little one to let me to so. So I gave her an information about how long I'll not be available I proposed her to play an audio book in her room...

I did the long fist solo, then the saber form and I' don't how the moment I ended the saber form she stopped the cd (maybe 90 sec before the end of the last story).

• Like 7

I have a close friend whose son was very ill and on a waiting list for a liver and kidney transplant for a long time.

The son and I connected over our interests in music, in particular, a band called Queens of the Stone Age.

I had this feeling that I wanted to somehow get the band to do something nice for the kid but didn't know how.

I sent a few messages to the band online with no response and simply resigned myself to generate the intention of connecting with the band without knowing how it would happen. 

Soon after, I found myself working with someone I'd never previously met and we were asked what music we'd like to listen to on Pandora while we worked. I suggested Queens of the Stone Age. He immediately responded to this and shared that he grew up with their drummer. I asked if they were still close and explained my desire to help my friends son, also a drummer. He shot a text message to the drummer. 3 weeks later a huge drumhead signed by the entire band shows up at my friends house with a suggestion that they may be in touch the next time the pass through our area on tour! Soon after that, the boy's spot came up on the transplant list. His surgery was smooth and successful and he's doing great. He's even back to playing the drums. 

• Like 11

Hi old friends,

Passing through and enjoying this thread, so will share one of my own:

Used to live half a block from a subway station.  Every morning before work, last thing I’d do before leaving is qigong practice for 20-45 minutes and then leave without looking at the time (so as not to feel rushed).  Would get to the light at the corner, find a good beat in the traffic to jaywalk, and then fly down the escalator and a flight of stairs as fast as possible.  For about three weeks straight I slid through the subway doors with less than 3 seconds to spare, and otherwise did the same thing 90% of the time.  Once heard a newspaper guy near the turn-style say “I don’t know how he does it” after a couple of weeks of this.  I’ve found such things to be like exotic birds.  Strange and beautiful, but entirely natural.

• Like 6

When I was young, I would watch a lot of TV. Too much. I knew from the time I got home until bed what shows were on, and what channel to turn to. A lot of it was Simpsons reruns.

On the bus ride home, or in school, I would get glimpses of episodes. And that same one would be on that night. This wasn't a once or twice deal, this was multiple times a week.

• Like 2

Most of Ya Mu's Stillness-Movement workshops are held at the same hotel in Springfield, Missouri. I have been to several. Several restaurants are across the street -- a busy multi-lane right next to the Interstate.

I have walked across that street to breakfast, lunch and dinner well over a dozen times now and haven't had to stop for traffic yet. I've even made a point of not altering my stride or path -- I've just naturally aligned with gaps in traffic. It's become something of an inside joke now. :)

Of course, mentioning it here will probably break the pattern. :(

• Like 3

I was at the carwash before my qigong clinic session. The lot was full of cars ( Shevron) and it did not seem I would make it on time. I thought to myself that I want a clean car. Suddenly one car in front of me drove away, then another, as if suddenly they decided to be somewhere else and I got to be the next car in line and got my car wash.

The guy I did clinic with told me this is what mahayoga looks like in real life - opening paths to your wishes :P But did not elaborate on details...

• Like 3

The path clearing or not (green lights or red, train running along in the same direction I'm going or in the opposite one, parking spots clearing up or not, etc.) is something I pay attention to every day.  If I want to buy an item I need, green lights all the way through mean I'll find exactly what I'm after.  If they are red all the way, might as well turn around and go back, it won't be there.  A taiji practice -- green lights mean it's going to be great, flooded with qi.  Red lights, traffic -- park workers will show up and  turn on their deafening, stinking machinery, or spray some shit on the greenery, or suchlike. 

Brian, the phenomenon you describe is widespread in China!  The traffic is so chaotic that at first I was completely freaked out every time I thought of crossing a busy street (street lights are almost nonexistent where we were, or stop signs, or even a clear idea of the direction of the traffic -- it's sort of optional in many places, drivers themselves decide which way they want to go, with the flow or against it.)  After a while, I learned to do as the locals do -- just walk into the (sometimes) six lanes of traffic showing no intention of slowing down for any pedestrians, and proceed in a daze of wonder and, miraculously, in one piece. :)     

middle_path, you share this weird psychic connection with The Simpsons with my son, though his is a bit different.  He used to watch that show on a regular basis and remembered hundreds of funny lines therefrom (many of which I wound up learning too), so he would often quote something Simpsons in the course of the day and then in the evening there would be a rerun of an episode that has that specific line.  Also, real-life "prompts" would often appear...  say he buys some product and the tag says "flammable," he would immediately invoke Dr. Nick -- "Inflammable means flammable?  What a language!"  And sure enough, that very episode will be on later that day. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

Another wonderful coincidence for me was the first time I attended a meditation retreat. I desperately wanted to meet the lama to discuss some powerful experiences I'd had but he wasn't available for a private meeting. It was a 10 day silent retreat and on the 3rd day someone came into the dining room during breakfast and called out my name. They asked me to take a look at another participant who seemed ill. She was terribly sick, spoke minimal English, and was terrified. She was very resistant to going to a doctor or hospital. She didn't trust the US healthcare system (thanks to the movie Sicko!), didn't have money or insurance, etc... I knew she was in really bad shape and convinced her to go to the local hospital. It was over an hour wait for an ambulance.

During the wait, the lama stopped in to check on her, said some prayers and blessings for her and left. There was nothing to do but wait and it gave me the opportunity to do something I generally never get to do in my usual work which was to really open my heart to this person - hold her hand, sit with her, put my arm around her, reassure her, rub her back, and simply be there for her while we waited. That by itself changed something in me deeply that has stuck with me ever since. As the ambulance was taking her away she told me how disappointed she was to be missing out on her private meeting with the lama that afternoon.

As I walked back to the meditation hall, one of the lama's assistants ran up to me and asked if I still wanted to meet with the lama. I did, of course, and the meeting, albeit brief, was transformative. Very few words were said, or needed, but the way in which the lama received me and connected with me - verbally, physically, and energetically - was exactly what I needed at that moment to put things together. Over the next few hours and days, I was able to see how to move forward in a new direction in my life. After the retreat was over I visited my new friend in the hospital. She was recovering from surgery for what proved to be a life threatening illness but was on the mend. She was absolutely thrilled that her illness provided me the opportunity and answers I'd hoped for. We've been close ever since, thanks to social media. 

So many wonderful things have grown out of that strange synchronicity. It really blows my mind every time I think about it.

• Like 7

I love hearing these stories from everyone!

Today it was interesting for me. i was randomly thinking about green eggs and ham, i dont know why it just kept popping up in my mind throughout the day and planned to look them up next time i was at the computer. later when i got home i was looking through a recipe book on chinese soups and one of the ingredients for this particular one was "thousand year eggs". I've never heard of them so i looked them up and online it said the eggs are put through a special process and the final product is an egg white that turns black and the yolk turns GREEN.. haha

I also have a extremely close connection to one of my friends and sometimes he will call and i will already know what subjects he intends to bring up or vice versa. I think we just have such a close bond now that when one of us has a strong thought/experience the other also feels it on a very subtle level.

Iv always found it interesting how some friends you can hang out with for decades and be close but there are people that come into your life that can make you feel an even closer bond within a few days like you have already known them your whole life.

Edited by Seatle185
  • Like 4

The other day, I went to work for the first time in about seven weeks.  It was just a quick 3-4 day project.

As I was riding in a little before 5am... the image of a well loved workmate 'Chichotka' jumped prominently to mind and I smiled.. hadn't seen him or thought of him in months so I sent him some love and then got back to breathing and driving and listening to my morning music.

When I got to work, the second sentence out of my boss' mouth after... "hey good to see you, you handsome devil!"  was... "oh and good news, Chichotka will be here today too, we called him in to be your partner on this one."

I just smiled all the wider and nodded while chuckling.

• Like 8

the past few days, it seems every time I look at a clock it's some triple digit. "3:33", "2:22" etc. been almost a week where I see them a lot.

My coworker said the same thing to me Friday. How he saw a few triple digits in a single day, and he looked it up to see what it means.

The best part was we saw one together later that day. We both kind of looked at each other, uggghhh.

He's on the path as well, I may add.

• Like 6

11:11 for me

for decades 11:11...

used to be just clocks, few times a week.

now, it's just comical how often and in how many places I am drawn to become aware of it.

• Like 5

I can chime in on that, too. It has been like that for the last two years, everyday, for me. It also started with 11:11 and clocks. But now it is also prominently number plates on cars with triple and quadruple digits - often 7's and 1's.

I feel drawn to the number 7 and it pops up quite often - for example my phone numbers also have at least triple 7's. Sometimes it is like being in a movie... you drive and think about things which bother you at the moment and then a truck pulls in out of another street, directly in front of you with a 777 plate. I always take it as a reassuring sign of maybe my guides?

Also I have the impression, that the animal raven is somehow connected to me. I also started to notice one or a pair of two nearly everyday. Does someone know anything about it?

Greetings

• Like 6

I also get 11:11 for a long time, maybe 3 or 4 times a week.

Lately it's been all digits, which has never happened for me. Last week I saw 3:33, and an hour later 4:44. It's not like I check the time often, either. Lol.

I take it as a reassuring sign as well.

• Like 1

I can chime in on that, too. It has been like that for the last two years, everyday, for me. It also started with 11:11 and clocks. But now it is also prominently number plates on cars with triple and quadruple digits - often 7's and 1's.

I feel drawn to the number 7 and it pops up quite often - for example my phone numbers also have at least triple 7's. Sometimes it is like being in a movie... you drive and think about things which bother you at the moment and then a truck pulls in out of another street, directly in front of you with a 777 plate. I always take it as a reassuring sign of maybe my guides?

Also I have the impression, that the animal raven is somehow connected to me. I also started to notice one or a pair of two nearly everyday. Does someone know anything about it?

Greetings

Raven figures prominently in our spiritual life.  For years they have been calling to my wife, so I'm going to share a bit of my insight into their medicine, since it was brought up.  Sorry for the tangent folks.

From Druid Lore: Bran, or Raven Medicine brings Deep Healing, Initiation and Protection.

Bran offers initiation, protection and the gift of prophecy.  What is meant by Initiation may be as formal as an actual initiation ceremony into a new school or practice, or as mundane as an inititation into the mysteries of a new post, or profession.  Bran medicine usually portends change and death.  Death of one aspect of life that creates space for birth and shift.  Bran is often avoided and shunned due to its proximity and affinity for navagating the realms of battlefields... yet watch closely and you will see they also cleanse these places and so bring clarity and space for the healing of new life to come.

Always growth and decay are one, not two... they do not oppose, they mutually benefit.

The power of Raven can also initiate the deepest levels of healing, referred to by the Druids as the 'resolution of the opposites', guiding awareness to conditions where there is the possibility of resolving conflicts that have long lain buried in the unconscious, or in deep memories of the past.

Bran also hovers and moves through and with destructive forces with ease and in balance and so Bran is calling us to become aware of the destructive forces in our own personal sphere.  Unresolved, and unacknowledged energies that lie in our unconscious mind, can exert great and often unwanted influence on our actions and reactions in every day life. 

However much we may wish that destruction and decay were not part of our life, Bran reminds us, without this, the entire world would be a charnel house of dead bodies.  Decay is the first step in birth and Raven speaks succinctly about the truths in the dark and difficult aspects of life.  How they provide the nourishment and power for new life to emerge into the complexities of the world of form.

It is often not acceptable to us, or even acknowledgeable that to continue to grow, aspects of us, or our way of life, must disintegrate and fall away in decay.  Raven reminds us of this, but also brings the message that with this process of darkness there is the promise of new light and another day dawning.    To a great extent Raven reminds us as well, that what we fear is waiting for us in the dark and in this letting go of existing patterns to disintegration, is often far worse than what actually awaits us.

Raven invites us to come to terms... accepting and acknowledging our own destructive forces.  A rage perhaps, whose source has lain buried for years.  Raven medicine brings then also brings the integration of the unseen, forgotten and disregarded or avoided aspects, which is where the decay of Raven medicine brings the deepest levels of healing.

The resolution of the opposites.

• Like 8

Like others have mentioned, I also see numbers in triplets mostly at work doing paper work. 95 percent of the time it is 666. At first i kept dismissing it as a coincidence but after noticing it on every job i start to wonder. Usually people would see this as some kind of bad omen but I have heard in numerology this is actually a sign of abundance and luck? Maybe others here will have a better explanation. Haha i'm really not sure I just have a feeling it is not random coincidence!

• Like 1

Like others have mentioned, I also see numbers in triplets mostly at work doing paper work. 95 percent of the time it is 666. At first i kept dismissing it as a coincidence but after noticing it on every job i start to wonder. Usually people would see this as some kind of bad omen but I have heard in numerology this is actually a sign of abundance and luck? Maybe others here will have a better explanation. Haha i'm really not sure I just have a feeling it is not random coincidence!

Hi Seatle185,

Sought of funny read.

Default THE SECRETS OF THE ILLUMINATI 666 or 999 Mirrors YOU DECIDE

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7998

• Like 2

. 95 percent of the time it is 666. 

It had been going on for me lately also. Usually it does not mean anything good. I was tired of this "warnings" ( usually a car in front of you on freeway showing it's "butt") and I told mySelf, "so yeah, is it all you can do? Why do you do this? Can you do like 777?" Of course the next car had 777 after. And again 777. I was like okay, that's a way to "move things forward". But actually, I think I was driving near "bad" spot in Monterey and thus "666" showed up. As soon as I passed it ( it was traffic on a "deserted highway" in a middle of nowhere) 5 miles in 40 minutes feeling extremely weak, agitated and energetically drained - the 777 started showing up and my trip back to San Jose was a breathe ( took me less time to go 40 miles up vs 5 miles east).

• Like 3

Hi Seatle185,

Sought of funny read.

Wow that was a trip. Haha my favorite would have to be

"666 is the double edge sword or word keeping us from Eden or eating of the tree of life which is xbox 360."

Its just like... what? Xbox 360 is the tree of life? Hahaha.

So yes in a christian dominant culture we are raised to think this number has evil qualities and to be scared anytime you see it! But what is it really? Are we scared of it because of our socialization or does it have inherit qualities. A friend of mine actually has a few "horror" stories related to it. Speaking of uncanny coincidences he happened to be stuck in a town one night after his truck broke down and he was staying in a motel. Well he had a walk around the town and went into a bar and called me later that night sounding a little freaked out. He said he felt like he was stuck in some sort of purgatory town where no one leaves and everyone in the town seemed asleep to their condition. He was feeling like some sort of evil or negativity was in the town and following him around. Later that night he said he was taking a shower and just randomly looked up at the ceiling and saw 666 in red, which freaked him out even more.

So some people swear that it is an omen and some swear its a sign of good fortune.

Personally iv never had anything bad happen to me when i see it, i just think its some sort of sign. Maybe something telling me i should quit my job? Haha i dont know

• Like 2

666 is a triple yin number.  Lucky to a taoist. :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2