Sign in to follow this  
cohomology

Hello everybody

Hello everybody. As you have probably guessed, I am new around.

Let me talk a bit about myself, me me me.

I am deeply interested in daoism. Though perhaps not as a "religion" per se. I don't quite subscribe to the idea of "religion" because it is coercive. I mostly follow my own path, taking wisdom from everywhere. However, it seems like the principles of daoism are well aligned with this approach. I am also interested in the Chan schools of buddhism, from which I've taken a lot of ideas for myself. I am aware that making such distinctions between Chan, Dao, etc, remains a discriminative mindset, I am a very short-sighted person as of yet.

There are other things that interest me, I've been practicing shaolin kung fu for a while, but I am very interested in wudang arts, particularly Taiji Quan and Ba Gua Zhang. With this I have a bit of a problem, I used to have a teacher who taught me Kung Fu, and while he was also very fluent in Taijiquan, I am no longer with him, and so I don't have a teacher. I've been trying youtube and found some other lessons, but I am unsure if my progress will be enough (particularly, that I won't miss some detail and develop bad from from the beginning) by self-learning. Finding a bagua teacher may be next to impossible in my country.

So that's me. Other interests involve computer programming, which is kind of at odds with the naturalist character of daoism.

Anyway, thanks for having me here. I'll try to behave :)

• Like 3

Hello cohomology, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi coho,

Sounds like you have a fairly solid background.  I'm sure you will find members here to talk with regarding your progress.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Hi cohomology,

I think there is a link between computer programming and .'naturalist' Taoism - both binary,

Former - 0 & 1; latter - yin & yang.

You think so?

- LimA

• Like 3

Hi cohomology.

You are too well-behaved. Nothing heard from you. Why?

Your silence is deafening.

Try and 'misbehave'. If you get attacked, just defend yourself philosophically. That's what philosophies are for.

Can I suggest something? Hit Marblehead with these:

1. What the hell do you mean by this - "Sounds like you have a fairly solid background"?

2. I did not say anything, I just wrote. So what "sounds"? The word "appears" will be better - you stone head!

3. "Solid"? You hit your head against the wall and tell me what "sounds" I can expect to hear.

"cohomology" - the humor in your introduction is infectious. Please share more of yourself with us.

Likewise to other witty Bummies - please share your wit (not sure about your wisdom).

I think Lao Tzu was a joker and Taoism breeds jokers.

To all dead serious Taoists - no offence intended. A 1000 apologies. So don't throw stones at me.

- LimA

1. Wthe hell do you mean by this - "Sounds like you have a fairly solid background"?

To all dead serious Taoists - no offence intended. A 1000 apologies. So don't throw stones at me.

Seriously dead Taoists wouldn't care.

1. Wthe hell do you mean by this - "Sounds like you have a fairly solid background"?

​It means that your feet are on solid ground.  (As opposed to you head being up your ....)

Honestly, as a probable blue-blooded Taoist in the bud, I don't want to split hair between 'dead serious' and 'seriously dead' Taoists.

To me they are all DEAD.

They RIP.

I rest my case.

Goodbye to all - dead and alive (half dead also included).

- LimA

Sign in to follow this