Sign in to follow this  
amar

an appealing forum

Greetings from Germany!

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning here. The posts I've already seen were, among other things, sincere, informative and curious. Promising. Refuge is where we find it, I guess.

Much of my practice is online at dharmasun.org, which offers a daily Tibetan practice called Tara's Triple Excellence. It has been a great adventure so far, both on the cushion and off, and it focuses on the fundamentals above all. To clarify, the Tara practice in this form is basically a grand tour of Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana practice with strong Dzogchen and Nyingma influences but also somewhat adapted for secular/Western Buddhists. Most of my earlier experience was with Theravada Buddhism, and the transition (if there has been one) has been an easy one, the overall difference being shorter periods of meditation and much more visualization. Those in the know should feel free to add to or improve my description.

At this point, in the 2nd Excellence, we are meditating on the Mahayana fundamentals of compassion, loving-kindness, wisdom, and emptiness. One of the many reasons that I am so grateful for this practice is because is has made me more available to and accepting of other practices and approaches. No two will be alike...so here we are meeting at the forum.

Finally, I would like to share a quote from a recent session:

"If not now, then when?

If not us, then who?"

All my best,

Amar 

• Like 6

Hello amar, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi amar,

We have many good-hearted Buddhist members here.  I'm sure you will feel right at home. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Many different practices for many different people, lovely quote and welcome to TDB.  :)

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 2

Welcome to the bums :)

Looking forward to hearing more about Tara's Triple Experience.

Thanks for joining us and sharing.

• Like 1

If not now, then when?

So it is now, then how? From when => how.

‘Now’ = a temporal process?

If not us, then who?

So it is us, then what? From who => what.

‘Us’ = a personal undertaking?

So a Buddhist (Taoist) path = a personal undertaking as a temporal process?

(When + How + Who + What = WHolistic equation)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this