Sign in to follow this  
allinone

Counterbalancing Good & Evil

When our mind is still and in touch, we are able to take in much more energy from our surroundings. That energy is "knocking" on the blocks within us. As your energy body grows and you let go more and more you will become less fatigued and more open to everything around you.

I spoke with a Geshe about this a while back. He suggested that if there is a particular area in the body that is tired, place some gentle focus there and relax into it for a minute or two. He also suggested that when breathing to breath in in such a way as to feel the breath in the entire body before exhaling.

If you can, take your shoes off and walk around bare footed for a few minutes. It always helps me with the irritation.

You are going to be ok. I'd say you are on the right track and to be patient with yourself, force nothing, stay in the flow for as long as you can. It will smooth out. 

:wub:

There is a period you need to come evil in order to feel like having some desire to live. Do you have any comments for that? there is 50% of people counterbalancing each other, so half of the population is evil but they yare not at the same time, because there are other things too besides being evil.

And in a life and death circle there is a point when you for real kill something living consciously, knowingly.

any comments, pls.

edit: i read in scripture that if all would stop killing, world would stop existing.(don't know exact quote)

Edited by allinone

There is a period you need to come evil in order to feel like having some desire to live. Do you have any comments for that? there is 50% of people counterbalancing each other, so half of the population is evil but they yare not at the same time, because there are other things too besides being evil.

And in a life and death circle there is a point when you for real kill something living consciously, knowingly.

any comments, pls.

edit: i read in scripture that if all would stop killing, world would stop existing.(don't know exact quote)

I disagree that evil lends to the desire to live. I can say personally, that if I do something that might not be exactly evil, but just not the way I like to live my life, I feel like shit about it, thus no added desire to live, at least in that way.

I think you might be trying to touch on balance and how we find natural balances in life with others and in nature. I do not believe that grasping on to good and bad, positive and negative are ways to find balance. Balance comes easily once we have let go of our mind stories of good and bad, positive and negative.

I am not sure about the scripture you mention, but I will look into it even though at this point I am not seeing any correlation to the OP.

• Like 6

I disagree that evil lends to the desire to live. I can say personally, that if I do something that might not be exactly evil, but just not the way I like to live my life, I feel like shit about it, thus no added desire to live, at least in that way.

I think you might be trying to touch on balance and how we find natural balances in life with others and in nature. I do not believe that grasping on to good and bad, positive and negative are ways to find balance. Balance comes easily once we have let go of our mind stories of good and bad, positive and negative.

I am not sure about the scripture you mention, but I will look into it even though at this point I am not seeing any correlation to the OP.

the Surangama Sutra with commentary included contains word "awareness" 30+ times for an example.

the point is that the subject of birth and death is pretty common in scriptures. And transformation to other form of life after death. So to escape lower type of birth, realize the enlightened mind, practice is needed. The practice is gradual, paying off debts..

the desire to do evil is just covered, if you pay off little more debts it will not be "evil", same point is still gone through. Its the greed, ignorance, delusion what are poisoning mind and the producer of world and living beings.

Edited by allinone

any comments, pls.

the Surangama Sutra with commentary included contains word "awareness" 30+ times for an example.

the point is that the subject of birth and death is pretty common in scriptures. And transformation to other form of life after death. So to escape lower type of birth, realize the enlightened mind, practice is needed. The practice is gradual, paying off debts..

the desire to do evil is just covered, if you pay off little more debts it will not be "evil", same point is still gone through. Its the greed, ignorance, delusion what are poisoning mind and the producer of world and living beings.

There are many teachings and sutras that speak of awareness. 

Yes, birth and death are spoken of as well, however, that is not what I gathered you to be referring to when so much of your previous post was about good, evil, killing and death.

At this point, I am pretty lost as to how all of this ties into the OP. I am happy to discuss anything you'd like, but to keep from derailing the topic of the OP it would need to be done in another thread. Let me know and I will split our conversation out if you have further questions or comments.

• Like 1

There are many teachings and sutras that speak of awareness. 

Yes, birth and death are spoken of as well, however, that is not what I gathered you to be referring to when so much of your previous post was about good, evil, killing and death.

At this point, I am pretty lost as to how all of this ties into the OP. I am happy to discuss anything you'd like, but to keep from derailing the topic of the OP it would need to be done in another thread. Let me know and I will split our conversation out if you have further questions or comments.

you are noob.

when you focus your attention to reality, it is not really a reality, instead you shift your focus on left eye. From there you can shift to luminosity.

that it feels tiring and exhausting is related to neck, throat, swallow. That is where also your food come in and if no food has come in you are doomed, so its specially important to make powerful friends and not show weakness.

That said, in order to make your quests comfortable, then don't show how much you have but instead make yourself inferior. You will feel bad and under pressure but others will feel good.

in awareness substance case, its originates from belly. This substance is needed to wake up from dream to waking life.

you are noob.

I am very pleased to be able to make you feel good and comfortable even though I feel no discomfort, nor do I feel bad being the noob you see me as.

Perhaps one day you will open your heart and all three of your eyes through practice and you'll really be able to see me if for nothing else than an intelligible conversation that everyone can glean substance from.

• Like 6

I am very pleased to be able to make you feel good and comfortable even though I feel no discomfort, nor do I feel bad being the noob you see me as.

Perhaps one day you will open your heart and all three of your eyes through practice and you'll really be able to see me if for nothing else than an intelligible conversation that everyone can glean substance from.

It will feel bad if right person says it to you. Feels like wrongly accused.

Before this devolves any further, regardless of your own perceived authority and remote possibility of having good intentions instead of rude ones, you may want to recognize that forum rules specifically forbid name-calling and rudeness. Let's assume you have good intentions and communication is simply a skill that needs more refining. In the words of Rodney King, "Can we get along?"

I wish you good luck finding the place it matches all your expectations and definitions what is what.

If we diligently practice we grow beyond what others think of or say about us and it becomes irrelevant to our state of being. When we are able to place our awareness on the energy another emits, specifically, in this instance, we are able to see the words as nothing more than attention seeking behavior.  I am happy to indulge your thirst, however, it will no longer be in this thread.

I ask as a fellow member and moderator of this forum to please get back on topic or let me know that you'd like to continue this conversation in another thread. As I have offered previously, I will gladly split our conversation out. Please know that name calling, trolling and derailing threads for our own amusement is frowned upon and could be met with action by staff, especially where folks are asking legitimate questions regarding their practices in system specific areas of the boards.

• Like 2

If we diligently practice we grow beyond what others think of or say about us and it becomes irrelevant to our state of being. When we are able to place our awareness on the energy another emits, specifically, in this instance, we are able to see the words as nothing more than attention seeking behavior.  I am happy to indulge your thirst, however, it will no longer be in this thread.

I ask as a fellow member and moderator of this forum to please get back on topic or let me know that you'd like to continue this conversation in another thread. As I have offered previously, I will gladly split our conversation out. Please know that name calling, trolling and derailing threads for our own amusement is frowned upon and could be met with action by staff, especially where folks are asking legitimate questions regarding their practices in system specific areas of the boards.

Aren't op got answers already?

why it is a sin to then use this thread as a springboard for further things. If you split it its a dead thread then, because that act itself is complete destruction whatever is building up here in this thread..

Sooner or later the thread dies anyway, then split it if you like..

edit: what about now the using of no force and let things be as they want to be...

edit: if you ban, delete or split, it will be on you to carry it what happens next.

Edited by allinone

I think it is a good idea to split this thread,

the OP asked an important question. It's something that many a  practicer will meet. He asked in a way that makes me feel that he's somewhat unsure about it. The tiredness and the feel of stress is something that may stop beginning cultivators from going further because it's not what they expected. So I for one should like it if this thread is kept clean of unrelated issues.

it's in the interest of future readers

• Like 4

nooooo, nooooo, noooo...

you are actually onto something...

If I understand what level are you talking about, YOU WILL BE AWARE THAT "IT FEELS BAD", but your OBSERVER will say "hm... interesting, this is how I feel now...." and you continue observe and harness the power of the emotion. The energy generated is astonishing. Sifu and I were working on this lately. At first I did not get what he is trying to do ( as why are you making me feel annoyed, I don't want to talk/do about XYZ, let's do ABC, but when I applied it to other situations, gosh, that's like unlimited supply of energy ( internal organs) simply from observing... 

so...

if "noob" triggered anybody, instead of going the usual "pattern", try to get the energy out of it. ( btw, Karen I think did just that:P) 

• Like 3

Moderators

please move this thread to trash bin or better delete it all. because its now misleading if its splitted.

Moderators

please move this thread to trash bin or better delete it all. because its now misleading if its splitted.

It is not misleading, it is a place to continue the conversation without disrupting another thread.

In the area of the forums this conversation began, it is quite specific and maintained more stringently to keep threads on topic.

Now, if you would like to continue the conversation, or if you can think of another title for the topic I am happy to do both.

• Like 2

It is not misleading, it is a place to continue the conversation without disrupting another thread.

In the area of the forums this conversation began, it is quite specific and maintained more stringently to keep threads on topic.

Now, if you would like to continue the conversation, or if you can think of another title for the topic I am happy to do both.

title of the thread: evil.

Edited by allinone

I think this a good example on a physical level:

And for the topic i think it should be named counterbalancing good and evil.

If there there is no intention to help or hurt anyone then you are neutral and free of "karma" but that cant be forced its more like observing yourself until everything fake is gone...

• Like 4

any comments, pls.

Interesting.  In extremities one can do evil things, while not becoming evil.  When we enjoy it or it becomes an easy option, then we're treading down a dark path.  Best we minimize it and do positive actions to restore balance in ourselves and our environment.

I also don't think we're 50% good and evil.  Evil gets a lot of press because its easier and faster to destroy then build but while we can be callous to strangers, by and by, most people are good.

I'm reminded of a Jewish teaching on the Good (giving) Inclination and the Bad (selfish) inclination, where all character traits run the gamut between them.   There is a saying that without the Bad (selfish) inclination the world would be dull and tasteless.  It gives us ambition, the drive for family and do great (or horrible) things come from it; its a wellspring of our individuality.  

Too much of the selfish inclination is Bad but some.. is helpful; like pride can be good, egotism is bad.   Standing up for yourself is good, being a bully is bad. 

The parable goes without it we'd lose our individuality and drive for family.  Course humanity is rarely in danger of that, most often the case in this world and we live too much for ourselves and the world is worse for it and so are we.  Yet we've seen some of the nastiest regimes in modern history, tell their people will share and be equal, or we'll kill you, and then they do.

• Like 2

Opposites generally balance when viewed on a large enough scale but "interesting stuff" happens more locally, where things are unbalanced. It is imbalance which creates potential.

• Like 4

"You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet you have to be in the right mood."

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic."

Calvin & Hobbs

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this