The inner Light

Dedicated student searching for teacher

Dear friends,

first of all let me tell you how happy I am to have found this forum! It seems to be a wonderful and respectful platform for exchange.

Some things about my backround. I study Martial Arts and inner Arts for many years. Although with all the amount of training and dedication I feal kind of stuck since a while. I would even say although I practice the inner arts for many years I feel like I know not much at all.

I hope with this platform to get help to find a good taoist master or Qi Gong master to deepen my studies.

I know this task is not easy.

All I can offer is sincere dedication. I am happy to spend 3 to 5 hours a day practicing and I already did so. I am a steady practicioner and a sincere student. That is all I have to offer. I am just saying this to tell you that I am not a "master chaser". I know that it takes work and I am willing and used to do this.

I am not interested in the external arts so much anymore because I reached the physical point that I always wanted to reach and it didnt make me much happier than I was before.

Of course all the training is a lot of fun along the way but the thing I am longing for so long (becoming "one" again or becoming "nothing") ... I just had small, small glimpses.

The masters in ths Qi Gong style I practice seem to keep their secrets to the chinese people (doesnt matter which style, please dont ask, I do not want to bring this masters down, just want to show where I stand. Also there is a huge language barrier since I do not speak chinese). Unfortunately.

So if you know a master that you can recommend I would be very happy. I live in Europe but I am ready to travel if neccesary.

Please note that I am looking for someone that I may work for a long time if it may be so.

Recently my main focus was on taoist meditation and Qi Gong. Also on helping others (and in the end myselve) with giving training and energetic work.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

Much love to all of you.

I highly recommend Ken Cohen's course (available online)

I also highly recommend Spring Forest Qigong levels 1-4 (available online)

Robert Bruce has some wonderful books like astral dynamics(available online), and especially his new book "Energy Work" http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Work-Healing-.../dp/1571745408/

Kunlun Neigong has been getting a lot of rave reviews, and he teaches publicly.

http://www.kunlunbliss.com/

There is also a teacher called Robert Peng who has abilities like John chang. He teaches publicly

http://www.robertpeng.com he also does healing he calls zapping.

Also there is Dr. David Shen Verdesi http://foundation73.proboards55.com who is leading western researcher on the Lei Shan Dao system of qigong. This system is the most advanced imho. He is very expensive but probably one of the most advanced western students of this practice as well as the only major source of information about it. John Chang's school Mo Pai is a branch of the Lei Shan Dao (search on youtube) .

PM me if you have trouble finding any of these things.

Edited by mwight

All I can offer is sincere dedication. I am happy to spend 3 to 5 hours a day practicing and I already did so. I am a steady practicioner and a sincere student. That is all I have to offer.

all? not even a dollar per hour to your teacher?

i know of a path that requires you do not pay a dime and will allow you to awaken the consciousness in one lifetime; it doesn't involve qigong, either.

i know of a path that requires you do not pay a dime and will allow you to awaken the consciousness in one lifetime; it doesn't involve qigong, either.

voila! you and the originator of the thread are meant for each other, then :D

voila! you and the originator of the thread are meant for each other, then :D

Dear Procurator, maybe you missunderstood or missinterpreted what I wrote. I said that I just have to offer my time and dedication for this is the most important thing in connecting with a real master.

Money is not so important. I will of course pay what it takes. That is the most natural and least thing I could do. A good and authentic teaching cannot be counted by money so I am happy to pay whatever it takes to take the lessons. What I wrote is that I do not want to consume masters. Some people go to seminars every weekend, spend their money and do not practice much. That is perfectly ok but not what I want.

Every cent I spend in my studies so far came back to me in many ways. Spending money for these things is the best investment I could ever think of.

Thank you anyway. Maybe I put it a bit wrong or maybe that is what you wanted to see in the text. Dont know.

The inner Light.

MWIGHT: THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH FOR THE USEFUL INFORMATIONES!! VERY HELPFUL!

Edited by The inner Light

Hi Inner Light,

Just to let you know that many students of Master Dong Yang of www.laoziacademy.com have similar back story to what you have just written, and now agree on having now found a 'true' master. What is defined of as 'true' can of course be debated online forever as, on the one hand, it is seen as a very subjective/bias riddled term, but also, alternatively can be seen as a fact accepted by many people through an accumulation of experience with him over many years.

The only real substantial 'proof' is your own judgement and conclusions taken from meeting your new desired master in person. The proof is in the pudding. He is currently based in Sydney Australia, but the academy is holding a Daoist tour of china in April for two weeks as an alternative option.

I hope that no-one convinces you definately online about who to train with, but rather who it would be very wise to meet to draw your own conclusions. As the sort of dedication to lifetime cultivation that you are talking about is a serious matter like you say.

hopefully you will get some good signposts here on TB's to help you in your search.

all the best,

CC

Hi Inner Light,

Just to let you know that many students of Master Dong Yang of www.laoziacademy.com have similar back story to what you have just written, and now agree on having now found a 'true' master. What is defined of as 'true' can of course be debated online forever as, on the one hand, it is seen as a very subjective/bias riddled term, but also, alternatively can be seen as a fact accepted by many people through an accumulation of experience with him over many years.

The only real substantial 'proof' is your own judgement and conclusions taken from meeting your new desired master in person. The proof is in the pudding. He is currently based in Sydney Australia, but the academy is holding a Daoist tour of china in April for two weeks as an alternative option.

I hope that no-one convinces you definately online about who to train with, but rather who it would be very wise to meet to draw your own conclusions. As the sort of dedication to lifetime cultivation that you are talking about is a serious matter like you say.

hopefully you will get some good signposts here on TB's to help you in your search.

all the best,

CC

Very good hint. Very far away, too. But I will for sure take some time to let this suggestion work in me.

Thank you very much!

For me this will be just a good platform to take further steps.

I believe that I have seen enough teachers to clearly feel what resonates with me.

Thanks a lot for the good hint!!!

Many greetings!

Hi IL,

I'm from the U.S Midwest, Chicago. There was a nice guy from Germany who posted here a bit. His name was Gerd. So he's into this stuff :). Maybe he'll see this and post here. Otherwise I've got his email if you're interested.

Yours

Michael

hi there, someone told me that the real "penuria" in this world is of students, not of teachers

If you live in the Southwest of the U.S. you might want to check out on of Max Christensen's free lectures. He teaches the secret esoteric internal alchemy practices that others will not.

If you want to go deep and break through the barriers you've met, these Taoist methods can help.

No dogma, no philosophy, no pressure, nothing extra, just direct experience if you so choose.

Visit: http://www.kunlunbliss.com to find out more or just look for the word Kunlun on the Tao Bums site.

Best of luck in your search.

Chris

I started out with Yang Jwing Ming's embryonic breathing stuff. imho, very good points in his books & dvds that easily apply to any teaching. i.e. I find that natural abdominal breathing as I've learned it through those books seems to help the kunlun I am doing and allow me to practice more diligently.

Thank you all so far! Very good stuff and I appreciate it a lot. This kind of informations are very important for me.

Does anybody know if Max Christiansan comes to Europe in 2008?

Joeblast: I have the book of Yang Jwing Ming, too. Very good stuff. I didnt know he made a DVD about Embryonic breathing, too. I will check out on that. Very good hint.

If you want some more inspiration on this, check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Tranquil-Sitting-Shi...g/dp/0938045121

It is very small but I love it. It was highly recommended by Kenneth Cohen in one of his books, so that is how I stumpled on it.

Hi inner light,

I just found out that there is a direct student of Grandmaster Wang Liping in Germany. He was assigned by Wang Liping to teach in the West. His name is Master Long Jun. I dont know him but this might be interesting.

Also there is a Qi Gong Master in Bremen, Germany. His name is Master Guo. On the Website of Master Guo is a photo of him and he is pretty old. He has a very gentle face and warm hearted eyes.

There is a Qi Gong Master named Zhi Chang Li in Munich, Germany. I met him about 12 years ago. He teaches mostly taoist meditations like mic orbit, inner smile and a lot more. I liked him and I would recommend him.

I also heard about a supposed Grandmaster of Qi Gong in Munich but I have the feeling this is some kind of moneymaking. If you are interested look in the Forum www.kampfkunst-board.info that is where I heard of him.

There is a direct lineholder of Chen Fake Chensytle Tai Chi and Hunyuan Qi Gong in Germany. He is 18th or 19th Generation Chen Style and 2. or 3. Generation Hunyuan Qi Gong assigned by Grandmaster Feng Zhiqiang himself. Feng Zhiqiang seems to be a very widely acknowledged Master in China. I heard of him lots of times from different sides and it was all positive.

Hope I could help you!

P.S. If Max would come to Europe that would be very interesting indeed. Mantra said he would come in March one time to me but I do not know if this is "up to date".

LOVE Jan.

Edited by jan1107

I see you are in Germany. We will be passing through doing a seminar in Hamburg around the end of March.

As usual, we'll do a free lecture at a local bookstore where you can see if Max's teachings interest you.

Also there is a Qi Gong Master in Bremen, Germany. His name is Master Guo. On the Website of Master Guo is a photo of him and he is pretty old. He has a very gentle face and warm hearted eyes.

ah.. funny i just was about to post and give the link to Guo Bingsen's website

met him twice. powerful and authentic stuff. if I hadn't accidentally stumbled across another practcie (six letters, starts with a 'k', ;) ),

i probably still would be practicing his curriculum... and maybe even will in the future...

happy christmas everybody!!

affenbrot

I see you are in Germany. We will be passing through doing a seminar in Hamburg around the end of March.

As usual, we'll do a free lecture at a local bookstore where you can see if Max's teachings interest you.

that's very cool, thanks chris!!!

affenbrot: just noticed that you are in Berlin and am wondering if you have any experience with these guys: http://www.tiangong.de/site/ . I am sure you've seen the ads in the subs ;)

oh and inner light, there is another supposed disciple of Wang Liping in Germany: www.dao-meditation.com

jan: does Master Long Jun have a website? Where is he located?

Edited by freesun

hi freesun!

the german connection ...

yes, he has a homepage:

http://www.longbao.de/qigong/intro.php

to be honest: it looks to me as yes, he is an acknowledged disciple of wang liping but he seems to have the "master" title not in qi gong. he is a kung fu master as well. that is my first impression of the homepage but i could be very wrong, too. maybe i will go there one time. he lives in dortmund which is not so far away from me.

affenbrot: if you want it would be great if you would write a bit about master guo. i would be especially interested how you felt his qi field transmissions (the thing when he creates a field of qi and people are just acting with this field). thank you in advance! also i would be interested if you did qi gong or things like that before and why you chose kunlun. i am personally interested because i have a good feeling to both and i may see max and master guo to decide what suite me or what can support me on my current way.

love and peace!

jan.

buddha13wp9.jpg

you can almost see it in their faces

"the buddha has died! what will i do!? who will i follow!?"

Edited by mantis

buddha13wp9.jpg

you can almost see it in their faces

"the buddha has died! what will i do!? who will i follow!?"

Right before the Buddha entered Nirvana, he was asked 4 questions by Ven. Ananda, yet it was Ven. Aniruda who came up with the questions. They were as follows;

1). What words to begin the sutras with to extinguish people's doubts on who spoke them. Use these four words, " Thus I have heard..." , and the six realizations to make up the Sutras; faith, hearing, time, host, place, audience.

2). When the Buddha was in the world we lived with him, when he enters Nirvana where should we dwell"

Dwell in the four applications of mindfulness; body as impure, contemplate feelings as suffering, contemplate thought as impermanent, contemplate all dharmas as being without self.

3). When the Buddha was in the world he could discipline the bad natured Bhikkshus. After he enters Nirvana how should they be dealt with?

Ignore them, don't sit with them, treat them as dispicable. If everyone ignores them they can't do anything no matter how evil they may be.

4). We now rely on the Buddha as our teacher, when you enter Nirvana, who do we take as the master?

Take the Precepts as the Master.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

These four questions cleared up all doubts to the assembly of Bhikkshus and Bhikkshunis. So, they weren't so much confused as what to do , as they were sad their teacher entered Nirvana and will not be with them. They weren't so confused as some may think.. :)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

ah i know i was simply using it as an allegory; people too often forget that they are their own greatest instructor.

Edited by mantis

"They weren't so confused as some may think.."

While I agree that in hindsight, the Buddha answered all those questions to complete satisfaction, you speculate here. I suspect that not as many of the assembled were as enlightened as we would hope they were. Cultish behavior has existed for a long time and when the cult loses the authority...confusion ensues. I doubt the Buddha meant for such a grand and elaborate situation as an -ISM to sprout up in his "name."

And the phrase "entered Nirvana" is suspect. He already WAS the Buddha. His body died. No more than that. It's not like Elvis left the building.

Edited by Buddy