phil

Breathing into LDT

Well, sometimes I think, that getting into a meditative state and only breathing into the LDT and let the energy do it's thing might be the most effective and powerful excercise one can do for self-cultivation. This may sound dilletante (at least it sounds so to me). 

I know there are lots of different techniques in Qigong/Neigong and they all move energy differently and will give you different benefits, but to me it appears as if simple breathing into the LDT does not only give me lots of energy, it also moves the energy in my body in a very safe way and it opens those channels that need to be opened. 

I am just a few years into Qigong, but I would like to know what you think of the benefits and limits in relation to breathing only into LDT for cultivation purposes. I know it most likely won't make an immortal out of you, but sometimes it seems to me as the most simple and at the same time highly beneficial practice to me. 

Again, it might sound dull, and I know there are different practices for different purposes, and I know there are lots of practices that can create a lot more energy than just breathing (and of course one breathes into the LDT while doing the excercises..), but I also think, that simple LDT-breathing might be some kind of underestimated, what do you think?

• Like 6

Well, sometimes I think, that getting into a meditative state and only breathing into the LDT and let the energy do it's thing might be the most effective and powerful excercise one can do for self-cultivation. This may sound dilletante (at least it sounds so to me).

I know there are lots of different techniques in Qigong/Neigong and they all move energy differently and will give you different benefits, but to me it appears as if simple breathing into the LDT does not only give me lots of energy, it also moves the energy in my body in a very safe way and it opens those channels that need to be opened.

I am just a few years into Qigong, but I would like to know what you think of the benefits and limits in relation to breathing only into LDT for cultivation purposes. I know it most likely won't make an immortal out of you, but sometimes it seems to me as the most simple and at the same time highly beneficial practice to me.

Again, it might sound dull, and I know there are different practices for different purposes, and I know there are lots of practices that can create a lot more energy than just breathing (and of course one breathes into the LDT while doing the excercises..), but I also think, that simple LDT-breathing might be some kind of underestimated, what do you think?

Yeah just rest the mind on the LDT and breath. Slowly it will fill up the LDT and overflow on to the rest of the body. The middle Dan tien and Upper Dan tien will fill up and open.

I'd add standing too as that will help with the sinking of qi into the Dan tien and better balance the yin and yang energies.

• Like 5

While I would agree that simply quieting your mind and just breathing is a great practice. I would suggest you consider also moving your attention all around your body while you simply breathe. Energy follows your focus/attention. No need to force anything, but the subtle subconscious attention will help breakdown stored obstructions and free up the flow.

• Like 4

The question is what do you mean under breathing. Is it the simple air entering and quitting process accompanied with mental qi direction into the LDT or some other activities...

The first is like common qi gong.

Rgrds, Ilya

Your are correct. LDT breathing is simple but also a very powerful practice. With time and practice...it will make an immortal out of you.  :D

• Like 3

IMHO, the most potent practices are the ones that sound dull and boringly basic.  Sometimes the less you do the more you get.  

breathing

standing

smiling

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 12

You need to open the second set of eyes. One eye is where dreams happen and other is in body, one rung lower than deepest bottom of the internal breath can reach. Eyes are used one at a time, only when polarity, dominance change there you will for a moment get to a equal state. That state also happens in other ways.

The breath is when you breath out, breath stops, then the internal breath sinks. At the time of breathing out internal breath rises, when outbreath stops there is a change..anyway there are multiple things happening. With in breath too same way things happen internally. Both has to be cultivated to the point eventually you can do the next thing what comes discernible or available.

LDT is ocean, there is something you need to get from that ocean, myths say. There is this essence of immortality, that you will live through the change.

edit: with in breath the internal breath reaches to head. And the cultivation of that when noticed is pretty much done(possible must be noticed three times; at the third time you get it), you can start intuit the next thing what is done.

also the breathing into LDT is for waking up something there. It comes a lot later after many things are done. And how its done is something is there already and stays there while you do your thing.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 2

While I would agree that simply quieting your mind and just breathing is a great practice. I would suggest you consider also moving your attention all around your body while you simply breathe. Energy follows your focus/attention. No need to force anything, but the subtle subconscious attention will help breakdown stored obstructions and free up the flow.

there is view where body is composite of different end points. So from one point to another you need to find the node from what the two points are originated.

if you take body as one piece, you move massage the energy around the surface of it..that's a view too, but you won't cultivate internals, let alone getting assess to water pools, oceans and what's hidden there.

• Like 1

there is view where body is composite of different end points. So from one point to another you need to find the node from what the two points are originated.

if you take body as one piece, you move massage the energy around the surface of it..that's a view too, but you won't cultivate internals, let alone getting assess to water pools, oceans and what's hidden there.

With such movement (or body scanning), one naturally hits the depth of the body that they are consciously capable of. When ready for deep "bone massage" they will hit it. :)

• Like 1

With such movement (or body scanning), one naturally hits the depth of the body that they are consciously capable of. When ready for deep "bone massage" they will hit it. :)

use brains that is not influenced by public opinion what sentiment is easily satisfied with "money". Just throw in more money if people start riot. It could be heavenly planet full of wise beings, but to access the consciousness what is not already directed is you need to deny all, whatever view it is. First round is rejection, it is wide known fact.

Its the small fraction what is out of sync, any living system is auto correcting itself all the time.

Edited by allinone

@allinone I know you mean well, but at this point I understand maybe like 10% of your posts

• Like 1

@allinone I know you mean well, but at this point I understand maybe like 10% of your posts

There is being what is a destroyer, it comes anyway. But the popular sentiment is to fix things or maintain the existent system and goat it with pleasantness.

edit: See you have to choose intentionally from what makes sense to you. Same is then with a practice, at some point you need to choose consciously what you follow then see yourself there is either countless options or no options at all. You will at some point ask help, basically it is a wish to die.

Edited by allinone

There is entity in texts. If it is translated then there is translators wall.

If it is not a handwritten text from author itself then its digital wall.

anyway there is one entity behind a wall. Innumerable walls but only one thing can be known and held.

If you look for entity then you use other way to read than you would read ordinary way. Also contemplation is done that way, the information itself or the theme what you ponder over is not important, is secondary, what you need to see is a thing to arise.

again what is it to with the OT. It seem the practices is done on a wall. And the entity is untouched inside, so you do nothing in that front.

Edit: it arises; it does not have location what to look for directly, because it is not arisen yet.

Edited by allinone

internal alchemy is done on non-arisen things. Deathless, beyond birth and death, for to see what is arising, moving and these are not you(are quests).

Edited by allinone

LDT is ocean, there is something you need to get from that ocean, myths say. There is this essence of immortality, that you will live through the change.

Do you have more reference on this? Who said it and when/where? About the "ocean" in LDT? I always thought it was kidneys in pre-natal "ocean" state. Thank you. 

Do you have more reference on this? Who said it and when/where? About the "ocean" in LDT? I always thought it was kidneys in pre-natal "ocean" state. Thank you. 

Well read all sorts of different texts and just draw conclusions what would be possible. If you like you can read Mahabharata.

LDT is belly. If you observe a bug then you see its three distinct parts. The middle part is muscles, head is where blood is and the lower or belly is where food, water and such products are stored.

We can think more, then the food and water comes outside. The thoughts, images, memories, needs, cravings, intents are to be processed and where they rise is from different parts of body, holes or cavities. The ldt is just a overall common word. Cells store water, well its ldt too there then.

Your body is entire coexistent system and has its own area where things are stored in general.

if you have heavy feeling or hard time, then perhaps its the same when you sit on a toilet and pushing an excrement out. This activity involves lots of other things like positions of your body, breathing, noises, muscles.

So what is post and prenatal.

Well your heart works with blood, pumps it. So prenatal is substance what you rise, you do the job till you learn it how to do it and go form simple to more elaborate way. You need to get that substance firstly in order to learn its way, so you work with other things before.

In short: you need gas to be able to fart. What we name fart is the sound and smell. So don't work with this postnatal smell and sound.

When get into the secret door, the breath will disappear.

Will feel like whole body breathing

Like the breath is in the spondyle

Then, this spondyle breathe will disappear again

There are many layers of breathe

Hope you can experience all the layers

• Like 6

When get into the secret door, the breath will disappear.

Will feel like whole body breathing

Like the breath is in the spondyle

Then, this spondyle breathe will disappear again

There are many layers of breathe

Hope you can experience all the layers

Do you have that breathing with the whole body without just entering the air into the lungs?

I have this question because your statement contradicts classic biological principles and directs us to some certain neidan achievements.

Rgrds, Ilya

No feeling of breathe.

Because your shi Shen disappear.

Why you don't know this?

I thought you should know that.

凡息,真息,停息

Ordinary breathe, real breathe, stop breathe

真息,為胎息

Real breathe is tai breathe.

1 所謂息者有二焉,曰凡息,曰真息。凡息者,口鼻出入之氣也;真息考,胎息也,上下乎本穴之中。晦翁先生所謂「翕然而噓,如春沼魚」者是也。凡息既停,則真息自動。而凡息之所以停者,非有心以屏之也。虛極靜篤,故心愈細,而氣愈微耳。今之論者但知調息,而忽不自知其落於以心逐氣之病,蓋以凡夫躁競之心,未閒調習,一旦使之依息,心豈肯自依?未免著意。著意則氣未平,而心先動矣。豈非複以氣而役神乎?予故曰:「調息者,自然依息之謂,非逐於息之謂也。」調息又自調心始。調心者,攝念歸靜,行住坐臥,常在腔子。久久純熟,積習生常,自然澡雪柔埏,與息相和也。和則相依,依而勿逐。凡息自停,真息自動。橐龠一鼓,煉精化氣,熏而上騰,灌注三宮。是謂真橐龠、真鼎爐、真火候也。」

Anyone can provide the translation version?

只怕人心不死,道心不生,凡息不停,胎息不動,則難以采天地之靈炁,不能與天為一。 【3-5】

原文網址:https://kknews.cc/culture/6np4qkl.html

If one's mind is not dead, dao heart will not appear.

If ordinary breathe doesn't stop, tai breathe will not start.

Then it would be difficult to have the pure Qi of the world.

And can't be one with the heaven.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Breathing to the lower Dantian and focusing on non action is even better!

if to breath, that is an action. That action itself is what is the ground what makes up breathing. There is when we start breath there is a little spark happen, it is the awareness there.

So at the end of the breath action. There is a grain what does not spark, but what causes you to lose awareness, that is a punch, it has to be noticed at the end of breath.

Dunno what stage is at but its there. I think its useful to know why to do breathing practice and what to look for exactly. 

Edit: But still, the grain and spark of awareness can be in different place firstly. So the mind, brain, eyes, senses, to separate what is real from unreal in other to get the skill to know what to look for aquiered.

and top of it, the style of life you live matters. So some of the things are impossible without living a life what you can handle easily without much being thrown around by external forces.( even there are signs to look for to know your limit what life you can handle after the required state doesn't rise anymore)

and the age. If you old then there are other things to do in order to get things going.

Edited by allinone

Some masters advice to use a reverse breathing when focusing on the LDT: belly in - air in; belly out - air out. 

Does anyone practice that? As it is an unnatural breathing I would like an opinion about it

I use reverse breathing during entire Spring Forest Qigong; sometimes during breathing into LDT. It has become second-nature to me during practice as a result of practicing SFQ. But I've had great results with traditional abdominal breathing as well.

• Like 2

Thank you Rakiel. Could you say that the reverse breathing is functional to improve the effects of the practice?