Sign in to follow this  
Daryl Forsythe

My heavy left foot

I like Wuji. This is the first exercise I perform when practicing my qi gong and it is the exercise that made it possible for me to perform Embracing the Tree for longer than two minutes and actually get something out of it.

My left ring finger will twitch sometimes. Or my eyebrow or right wrist or side of my neck or maybe some other part that I won't mention. It's kind of funny and makes me wonder where the next involuntary jiggle will come from.

My ankles and entire lower legs get the most intense itches you can imagine. (Don't judge, when I say "itch" I mean "holy crap, my legs are on fire")

Sometimes I feel something trying to poke its way out of my forehead (almost always on the right side above the eye) and this pokey thing will move around my head looking for an exit.

But of all these strange sensations, there's one thing that sticks out the most.

My left foot. It's a very heavy foot. My left foot seems to drive into the ground harder than the other. Is that right?

...sorry, bad joke, I know...couldn't resist...

Anyway, I have concluded the best thing to do is, well, more Wuji. But since I have your attention, fellow bums, I present this question:

Is my energy body out of alignment?

Thanks for your time and have fun standing still.

No scratching

Peace

• Like 1

Is my energy body out of alignment?

yes.

Most likely you have K1 blocked. I have had similar issues and I understand what it feels like. I think because the point is blocked the earth energy is not getting in and the heaven energy is not flowing down the Earth. You need to "poke" the point somehow. One of the Sifu's students actually stepped on my foot when I got this during a taichi class. It released the energy block. 

kidney-1-foot.jpg

I think TCM people here can pinpoint exactly what pattern are you having ( i.e. eye/wrist/foot). I would attempt, but do not feel I have enough clinical experience yet to suggest. 

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

pasted-graphic.jpg

do you see any resemblance to your "itches"? If yes, then you need to clear bladder meridian. I suggest good acupuncturist. 

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

It's the Heart side. So it will always feel heavier as being Yang hence the pulling effect of Yin will be more noticeable.

Nothing to worry about. Keep going! And relax above all matters. :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I've tried before to get a better feel for my K1 with little success. But that was before I made Wuji a priority so we'll see what happens. Further, I never made the connection (no pun intended) between my legs and above my eye, as in the bladder meridian. I really should read that book I bought detailing all the meridians...

Well, I'm off to go stand still.

Peace

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this