Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer64

5 years to the next cycle?

A Mayan Prediction

What do you think, ?

According to some extreme interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar (The Tzolkin), the end of the world is not so far away. To be precise, it's five years from today. Said to be based on human gestation in 260 day cycles, the theory is that the overall calendar (which has a beginning and end) represents species gestation. In other words, it's thought to predict the length of the existence of the human race! Some scholars attempting to correlate The Tzolkin with our modern calendar conclude that it runs from the equivalent of August 11, 3114 BC to December 21, 2012. As such, believers say the world as we know it will end on that day - specifically at 11:11 a.m. GMT.

as a survivor of gloom and doom Y2K theories (I am a computer guy), I don't buy into the whole end of the world scenario.

However our magnetic poles are shifting, and a BIG iron asteroid might just cause that ;)

A planet wide shift into higher consciousness would be a blessing for some of the really "tarded" people I know in real life.

Who knows, and if the whole thing blows up wouldn't that be a good thing kinda? I mean at least we would have would get a change of scenery if we all get reincarnated somewhere else. :)

Edited by mwight

Max said at the last Phoenix workshop that 2012 is just another year. I don't remember for sure but I think he said the reason they stop at 2012 is there civilization ended.

My guess is 2013 will roll around just like 2001 did. Don't waste time with this stuff, live your life.

Live life for today, do what you love, practice compassion. Heck, if your doing that does it really make a difference what the story is?

isn't something supposed to happen though in 2012. like the earth sun and galactic core will be on the same plane and that happens very rarely, like every 6k years. it might affect us somehow. who knows

if you think about it though, every generation has thought they were going to be the last pretty much. the end of the world is a common tool used for fear control. the whole mayan thing is interesting though, but i dont think it will be the end of the world. raising of consciousness? maybe. i'm not placing any bets though, just going to focus on myself, and if the rest of the world joins me.. that will make me happy ;)

Exactly.

I remember someone joking about every generation thinking they live in the "end times".

Get over yourself, live your life.

Chop wood, carry water.

Exactly.

I remember someone joking about every generation thinking they live in the "end times".

Get over yourself, live your life.

Chop wood, carry water.

Completely agree,

Live every day as if it were your last, and never regret your past.

If you live every day as if it were your last then you won't have a need to regret your past. The future and the past are both irrelevant to worry about, so just live and enjoy.

Ben

If the Mayans were so smart, how come they're not around any more. How come there calendar doesn't say the end is 380a.d?

Not only does every generation think the world will end during its time. Every generation also screams about the current degeneration in morals and codes. How everything was so great in the olden days. And they consider the Older the day, the better things were. Right down to the godlike times of the ancients.

Yeah, right.

Michael

But what about Nibiru?.. Nibiru ain't no Y2K. When she comes, she delivers. And they say 2012 is interesting in that... well... that's when... but youtube it yourselves, just avoid all those me-too videos with hideous music and assorted cheese balls floating in space. Might as well start here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3RLx_4Y5Y

Edited by Taomeow

I have a friend whos been working with the mayan calendar professionally for about 15 years as a therapist. She say it dosent end, it starts over again in a new cycle.

My personal belief is that there will be some changes, but it dosent happen over night. Its like when seasons change. Its not like suddenly we have 30 degrees and all the snow is gone. It takes months and is a gradual change.

The changes related to the new cycle has allready begun, and has been going on for many years and will continue for many years after 2012. The belief that we will ascend into heaven, and that only the lightworkers will ascend is just stupid and used in fear controlling.

I agree with Max that 2012 will be just another year. Maby with just a little more freeking out by people stuck in their own doomsday beliefsystems.

And I totally agree with Cameron: chop wood and carry water :)

I'm just flumoxed by the supposed exactitude of this thing. The certainty it holds for some folks I've met, (mostly on line)...the 5 year thing... It strikes me as much of a hoax as some other trips offered here and elsewhere...

But there is also an element of expectation from a pretty wide demographic... and what's expected often enough does get manifested...

I for one say a revolution of consciousness may be forthcoming eventuated by the web -a broadening of perspective that does become truly global .

In any case, the world as we know it is changing so rapidly already, and even if we sit and do nothing but meditate for the next five years or take up any new direction and find new goals and asperations-

Both in our inner lives of meditation and/or our outer lives of chopping wood and carrying water...

It seems certain that we will be living different lives... in one way or another, no matter what the cosmic alignments bring our way...

Shit 2012, I haven't even formed my immortal baby yet! :o

LoL

She say it dosent end, it starts over again in a new cycle.

Yeh have the same opinion, i assume the calendar is round for a reason :)

Thelerner, noone knows what exactly caused the end of mayan civilization here on earth. Some even say it didnt end.

Edited by minkus

But what about Nibiru?.. Nibiru ain't no Y2K. When she comes, she delivers. And they say 2012 is interesting in that... well... that's when... but youtube it yourselves, just avoid all those me-too videos with hideous music and assorted cheese balls floating in space. Might as well start here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3RLx_4Y5Y

:o:o:o

prepare ourselves?!!!?

HOW, exactly?!

Cat,

I think getting off the English isles and buying lots of canned food and shotguns is the generally regarded sound decision.

While I'm very fond of crazy shit, there is zero chance of the planet X thing... astronomers have big, healthy egos and to be the one to find a massive planet out there (even if it's bad news) would be a huge honor. If one kept quiet about it, another would have piped up on the other side of the planet... and a massive planet off the normal orbital plane would've been discovered by the late 1700s. They even picked up on tiny Pluto and Charon's far out gravitational disturbances in the early 1800s. Currently there are *very slight* gravitational disturbances that cannot be explained by the known planets and asteroids but are consistent with the presence of comets well past the orbit of Pluto. Anything as big and off tilt as Nibiru would have been announced 200 years ago and easily pin pointed by any amateur astronomer in the late 1900s.

The Washington Post article did run, but that was just Neugebauer's initial brainstorming and the image turned out to be other things.

Your pal,

Yoda

Cat,

I think getting off the English isles and buying lots of canned food and shotguns is the generally regarded sound decision.

Your pal,

Yoda

thanks pal!- But I prefer an over/under say a 30-30 over a ten guage for a little versatility... and canned food sucks so its back to the farm for fresh eats... :rolleyes:

The whole missing planet thing is just wack... thanks for yr insights.

Crazy stuff, do I cash out my retirement and build a super-shelter? Do I ride it out in disdain like I did Y2K? I believe something is going to happen in 2012 but I dont know what. I guess I keep working on the immortality thing.

That would really suck if I got immortal but then everyone else died.... :lol:

That would really suck if I got immortal but then everyone else died....

Let's cross that bridge when we get there! :lol:

My aim sucks, so I would have to stick with shotguns. Better yet for my pride and karma, I'll just brave it with ole thunder and lightning here... the karmic payback on that wouldn't be bad at all. :lol:

Far as "beliefs" go, I go only as far as my signature below. Far as "information" goes, I have much more reservations. I "believe" that we are "dis- and mis-informed" from so many sources that to tell who's pulling who's leg for what reason -- ego, money, stupidity, paranoya, or real hidden esoteric knowledge -- is only possible via Homer Simpson's approach -- "a little from column A and a little from column B." I do think we (the generic "we," not necessarily "me personally" or "you")) have no clue what's really going on in the cosmos, all our technological advances notwithstanding. I do believe we (the generic "we") have no clue who our real government is, and what they're up to. I don't know whether they are reptilians, annunaki, alien bloodlines or just mean old cannibals -- but I do know that between their 3% fraction of the Earth's population they own 97% of Earth's resources and it just doesn't seem right to me. I don't know if the banking system we all think we know but really don't is less disastrous in the long run than a "planet of the crossing," or more so. I do think the rumors about the microchip are true. I do notice that they put more and more things on food labels almost every day that I know for a fact can only disseminate illness and dumbness. I do know sodium fluoride in our water supply is a CNS suppressor breeding a meek, compliant population. I do know that between cell phones and vaccines, one doesn't have to look too far for the reason why teachers say they've never seen, in all of their prior careers, kids as unable to learn as who they're getting today. I know chemical messages of death sprayed on every crop every day are being read by life on Earth -- and understood. How she will act on being given this message by our species I don't know, but to me it doesn't look like she's going to be ignoring it for much longer.

Cat -- I can only think of "try to prepare," and I guess "how" depends on what people believe the danger is (if any) -- e.g., a very skeptical friend of mine who doesn't believe in anything metaphysical, including a benign government that's up to something good, bought some land in the mountains (he has more money than most of us, sigh) and is going to be "prepared for anything" there. Not a feasible scenario for most. Personally, I try to be prepared "metaphysically," I practice taoist arts because I don't trust much else, but of course my level of proficiency ain't no "guarantee" against something as major as a global showdown or even as minor as a personal mishap... still, that's how I "try to prepare." And also -- well, I like collecting skills the way some people collect material objects, coins or shoes or whatever -- I collect non-technological skills. My "ideals" are pretty much "prehistoric" to begin with, so I like to think that if I were to survive being stripped to prehistory, I'd know what to do. Which wild plants are edible. How to make a shelter in the snow and a fire in the rain. Stuff like that... Not because it's "practical and prudent" but because... I dunno, why do people like art? I like the art of survival...

I do my best to believe in as much far out stuff as possible but I try to keep the doomsdaying down to a dull roar now that I'm a family man. If the bottom were to ever fall out prematurely, it's good to know that when a bunch of people make their transition at the same time that it's a serious party scene.

Per one of Cam's recent links, I like to think that there is a giant spaceship/hollowed out planet headed our way. I forget its name... starts with an M... but it's like in a different dimension and shit, so no biggie. :lol:

I do my best to believe in as much far out stuff as possible but I try to keep the doomsdaying down to a dull roar now that I'm a family man.

A friend of mine quit watching TV when her kid was born -- even the remote idea of violence in any shape or form proved too much next to the real-life vulnerability of a child. Unfortunately, head-in-the-sand strategies are efficient only when the horrors are guaranteed to be make-believe.

yes, my initial thought is related to Yoda's position, because whilst I may be able to deal with dying in an earthquake or whatever in a few years time, I dont want my children to do so, so it's a wasp in a jar sensation, to attempt to think about.

going to live in the mountains.. well, I'd like to do that anyhow, regardless of doom prophecies, but are mountains a good place to be under such circumstances? Sounds like nowhere will be a good place to be, most especially not near the sea, obviously...

I better stock up on contact lenses, and spaghetti, I spose.

It is painful to be exposed to brutality via the media when one has small children, it cuts right into the energy of nurture and protection that one holds so strongly around small children and babies.

I wonder what Michael Winn has to say about this question. Anyone know?

Sign in to follow this