Aletheia

Tinnitus, Bladder and Yongquan centre

I have tinnitus and I feel qi at my bladder meridian a lot and as I was saying the other day I don't really feel anything in my sole points like I do the palms of my hands.

Do you think all those things are connected? Because I was just looking at this page and it seems they are -

http://www.tcmworld.org/what-is-tcm/the-five-major-organ-systems/kidney-health/

Would feeling qi heat at the bladder be connected to my tinnitus and not feeling my yongquan centres and if so what's the solution in your opinion?

EDIT: I've actually always had tinnitus, so it's not a something that just occurred in the last few months. But it's only recently I've been able to feel qi and I do feel it in the bladder fairly often.

Edited by Aletheia

I found this from an old post -

https://jaisivananda.blogspot.com/2012/01/mudra-cure-for-tinnitus.html

So you push your middle finger into the palm of your hand at the base of the thumb for 45 minutes.

Press down middle finger till it touches base of the thumb. Do for each hand. For chronic problems, u must hold it for 45 minutes daily (if unable to do this at one go, to break it up into three parts, 15 min each). To be held anytime other than 2 to 6 am in the morning.

I'll try and do that for the next few weeks plus also rub the yongquan centres at some point during the day and see how that goes and if it works I'll post back. I need to remember to do it though!

There are generally two types of tinnitus in TCM... excess type and deficient type.

The deficient type sounds like whooshing water and is intermittent. It's due to not enough qi reaching the ear.

The excess type is a constant, high pitched sound that rarely stops. It's due to hyperactive yang qi rising up, usually do to internal heat that is not balanced with yin in the kidneys and liver. It's usually related to hormones or intense emotions.

There is a third type of excess which is due to infection... it creates heat which surges upward, but it doesn't sound like you're dealing with that one.

I've known people who have corrected their tinnitus with osteopathic and craniosacral pressure therapy. Sometimes the plates of the skull are misaligned and they need to be put back into place, especially the temporal bones.

• Like 2

There are generally two types of tinnitus in TCM... excess type and deficient type.

The deficient type sounds like whooshing water and is intermittent. It's due to not enough qi reaching the ear.

The excess type is a constant, high pitched sound that rarely stops. It's due to hyperactive yang qi rising up, usually do to internal heat that is not balanced with yin in the kidneys and liver. It's usually related to hormones or intense emotions.

There is a third type of excess which is due to infection... it creates heat which surges upward, but it doesn't sound like you're dealing with that one.

I've known people who have corrected their tinnitus with osteopathic and craniosacral pressure therapy. Sometimes the plates of the skull are misaligned and they need to be put back into place, especially the temporal bones.

It's high pitched, constant and changes pitch if I clench or widen my jaw. I have thought it could be that in the past. Not totally sure though.

EDIT: It actually changes pitch if I push my head hard anywhere too lol.

Edited by Aletheia

You need to see a doctor. You have kidney and liver Yin deficiency. The formula will also boost your jing.

Please give us an update if you decide to go ahead.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

You need to see a doctor. You have kidney and liver Yin deficiency. The formula will also boost your jing.

Please give us an update if you decide to go ahead.

Good luck :)

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I think it's a physical problem.

When I was about 10 a soccer goal crossbar fell on my head after I'd been swinging on it and I think it might have slightly crushed my skull or something. So that's why the pitch changes when I push my head. It was about 7" by 5" and solid wood, so pretty heavy kind of like having a small tree fall out the sky and hit you on the head!

Possibly and most likely, but please remember that Kidney regulates the brain as well. And if there is a blockage or deficiency in the system that slowly drains Kidney energy. Maybe that event caused an intense feeling of fear that is deeply buried inside of you. Hence you need to dissolve it. Fear is an emotion directly associated with the Kidney and when uncontrolled it weakens it. You won't need to be aware of this because that event is layered deeply if your system. Human consciousness is similar to an onion or pages of a book, everything is kept under a record, like an old archive. We are walking old libraries. ;)

Good luck dear Aletheia. :)

• Like 3

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I think it's a physical problem.

When I was about 10 a soccer goal crossbar fell on my head after I'd been swinging on it and I think it might have slightly crushed my skull or something. So that's why the pitch changes when I push my head. It was about 7" by 5" and solid wood, so pretty heavy kind of like having a small tree fall out the sky and hit you on the head!

Is the ringing in both ears, or just one?

Based on what you said about jaw clenching and ear ringing, it sounds like there is improper pressure being placed on your cranial nerves, maybe due to a neck injury or a misalignment of the skull bones. Look for an osteopath who does craniosacral and facial bone adjustment! Trust me!

Btw traumatic injury is the 4th reason for ear ringing. Forgot to mention that ;)

• Like 1

Based on what you said about jaw clenching and ear ringing, it sounds like there is improper pressure being placed on your cranial nerves, maybe due to a neck injury or a misalignment of the skull bones. Look for an osteopath who does craniosacral and facial bone adjustment! Trust me!

I would recommend a chiropractor, instead.  Osteopaths are similarly-trained and great - but they are basically chiropractors with MDs.  Which might sound like that makes them more qualified...  But in reality, it makes them more indoctrinated with allopathic medicine and perhaps more importantly - far more expensive with far longer appointment wait times.

So, if you just want to get some type of adjustment that has nothing to do with MDs, then save your time & money and just go to a chiropractor.  Treatments are cheap and a lot of them even take walk-ins without appointments.

Although I'm surprised the OP hasn't simply tried to heal himself with qi, like he did his friend?  Would be no worries about "cross contamination" or draining himself - since he would be working on himself.  He could safely test his skills again and possibly heal an old problem - and kill 2 birds with one stone! B)

Is the ringing in both ears, or just one?

Btw traumatic injury is the 4th reason for ear ringing. Forgot to mention that ;)

I seems to be in both. I'll look up a craniosacral osteopath anyway.

Thanks for the help everyone (not talking to gendao here lol)

Edited by Aletheia