Jessie

Taiwanese Women who Practise Spirituality

Ni Hao! :)

I am a Taiwanese girl who sincerely practises no religion but I do meditations every now and then.

I am trying to do "qigong" in my every action, every thought.. which means "qigong awareness" with my every action, every thought..

There are very few Taiwanese girls whom I know, both local Taiwanese girls in Taiwan and overseas Taiwanese girls in foreign countries, who actually practise true spirituality.

The sad truth is.. Taiwan considered itself to be the "Heart of Asia" back before 2012.. and Taiwan is supposed to be the most spiritual Chinese country, even bigger than Hong Kong..

There are over 5000 temples in Taiwan of Buddhist, Daoist and other Chinese Religious Origins.. But the true teachers of spiritualities hardly, never venture visit these temples.. because the temple keepers of these 5000 Buddhist, Daoist, Chinese Religious Temples in Taiwan chase them away all the time for the past 40 years ever since God created this world..

I have travelled to numerous countries and I have surfed the internet frequently looking for Taiwanese spiritual teachers who teach in English because English is my native tongue with Mandrain being my second language.

My Chinese comprehension understanding literacy skills are hardly as good as my English literacy skills.

Yet the most famous Oriental East Asian spiritual teachers who teach anything spiritual are mainly China or Tibetan Origins.

Does this mean that the China Chinese people or Tibetan people are more spiritual than the Taiwanese people?

Yes.

Because although the Taiwanese people have more than 5000 temples in Taiwan, they are hardly spiritual. They only pray to God or their Gods for wealth, love, health, political power, "spiritual power" etc.

There are hardly any Taiwanese who pray to God or their Gods in order to evolve themselves, mentally, emotionally, physically..

Edited by Jessie

Quote from Jessie:

"There are hardly any Taiwanese who pray to God or their Gods in order to evolve themselves, mentally, emotionally, physically.."

End Quote

----

There are hardly any practitioners of "religion" that do otherwise - in any country.

Once one begins to truely cultivate, they are no longer in the religion, they have moved away from the religion and begun to find the only answers they will ever find - those found within.

We have here as a member a very high cultivator who calls herself Awaken - she is from Taiwan - you may wish to contact her directly here or look her postings up. She also teaches and knows both Qi Gong and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Xie Xie Ni for your reply, Spotless. 

I came to this forum because I am a Taiwanese Chinese. In Taiwan, there is such a myriad of religions that it is mind-boggling.

Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese Folk Religion.. The mythologies of Gods and Goddesses in Taiwan pervade our very own Taiwanese people's lives..

Yet every time I stepped into one of the many thousands of Taiwanese temples, I see countless Taiwanese prostating themselves before their Gods praying for wealth, health, love, powers of all kinds..

Ya know.. the Taiwanese actually look down on almost all races because they view almost all non-Taiwanese races and especially China Chinese people as ""non-spiritual?"" because the China Communist governments burned down all the temples and destroyed all religious material during the Mao Tze Dong's Red Cultural Revolutions.

The Taiwanese took special pride in themselves as being the most "spiritual" people on earth because they have more temples than anyone else in the world.

But compared to the Muslims, I feel somewhat that the Taiwanese are less "spiritual". Because at least, the Muslims do not eat pork which are considered to be the dirtiest meats out of all consumable meats and they do monthly or perodic fasts per year to cleanse themselves of toxins from their bodies.

Do anyone in here think that just because people visit temples or mosques or churches weekly or monthly to pray for themselves and their own families' welfares, they are considered to be "spiritual"?

But then what is spirituality?

Do you become most spiritual if you meditate all day long 24/7/365 like the Tibetan Mountain Ascetics?

In my humble experiences, I find moving Qigong Masters like Doo Wai and Max Primordial Alchemist to be much more spiritual than most Tibetan masters like Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatsal himself because most Tibetan Buddhist masters don't practise "awareness of daily suffering".

How do you practise "awareness of daily suffering"? First, you have to work for a living. You don't depend on others for handouts like all beggar monks everywhere.

Why do we incarnate as human beings on earth? Because we are meant to eat and work, not eat and work mindlessly like unconcious robots, but to eat and work with total awareness and all other inner smile gratefulness to the One who created us all.

How many Tibetan Buddhist masters, lamas, rinpoches.. how many Tibetan Buddhist monks or other Buddhist monks actually work and suffer by working for a living?

They just sit at temples and meditate and study sutras all day long but how do you actually become "spiritual" or "aware" by meditating and studying sutras all day long?

What do sutras preach? The allievation of all sufferings? Yes. But how do you know how to allievate any and all sufferings if you do not experience any and all sufferings yourself?

This is why I feel that all Buddhist masters and monks are "frauds" in the sense that they try to teach allievation of all suffering to the masses but how many Buddhist followers and how many Buddhist students have allievated their sufferings?

I don't see any major newspaper reports claiming huge number of Buddhist students and followers claming to be "free" of all sufferings for the last 40 years.

Why would praying to a god improve someone? Praying usually means ," Give me something. " in exchange for flattery. Its a bit like you noticed, the desire is for stuff or power that the god withheld, and that doesnt seem very spiritual. But consider this, if the person is already a whole and complete good thing, then gods have nothing to bestow Other than powers and advantages!. and self improvement is up to the individual, if they think they need it.

If ,A person of abundant humility seeks from one who has less, what can they learn?

Xie Xie Ni for your reply, Spotless. 

I came to this forum because I am a Taiwanese Chinese. In Taiwan, there is such a myriad of religions that it is mind-boggling.

Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese Folk Religion.. The mythologies of Gods and Goddesses in Taiwan pervade our very own Taiwanese people's lives..

Yet every time I stepped into one of the many thousands of Taiwanese temples, I see countless Taiwanese prostating themselves before their Gods praying for wealth, health, love, powers of all kinds..

Ya know.. the Taiwanese actually look down on almost all races because they view almost all non-Taiwanese races and especially China Chinese people as ""non-spiritual?"" because the China Communist governments burned down all the temples and destroyed all religious material during the Mao Tze Dong's Red Cultural Revolutions.

The Taiwanese took special pride in themselves as being the most "spiritual" people on earth because they have more temples than anyone else in the world.

But compared to the Muslims, I feel somewhat that the Taiwanese are less "spiritual". Because at least, the Muslims do not eat pork which are considered to be the dirtiest meats out of all consumable meats and they do monthly or perodic fasts per year to cleanse themselves of toxins from their bodies.

Do anyone in here think that just because people visit temples or mosques or churches weekly or monthly to pray for themselves and their own families' welfares, they are considered to be "spiritual"?

But then what is spirituality?

Do you become most spiritual if you meditate all day long 24/7/365 like the Tibetan Mountain Ascetics?

In my humble experiences, I find moving Qigong Masters like Doo Wai and Max Primordial Alchemist to be much more spiritual than most Tibetan masters like Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatsal himself because most Tibetan Buddhist masters don't practise "awareness of daily suffering".

How do you practise "awareness of daily suffering"? First, you have to work for a living. You don't depend on others for handouts like all beggar monks everywhere.

Why do we incarnate as human beings on earth? Because we are meant to eat and work, not eat and work mindlessly like unconcious robots, but to eat and work with total awareness and all other inner smile gratefulness to the One who created us all.

How many Tibetan Buddhist masters, lamas, rinpoches.. how many Tibetan Buddhist monks or other Buddhist monks actually work and suffer by working for a living?

They just sit at temples and meditate and study sutras all day long but how do you actually become "spiritual" or "aware" by meditating and studying sutras all day long?

What do sutras preach? The allievation of all sufferings? Yes. But how do you know how to allievate any and all sufferings if you do not experience any and all sufferings yourself?

This is why I feel that all Buddhist masters and monks are "frauds" in the sense that they try to teach allievation of all suffering to the masses but how many Buddhist followers and how many Buddhist students have allievated their sufferings?

I don't see any major newspaper reports claiming huge number of Buddhist students and followers claming to be "free" of all sufferings for the last 40 years.

For someone who talks about working on the inside it seems you're​ very much involved with what's going on the outside.

Hi dear Jessie,

This fellow country men of yours lives and teaches in Taipei city:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3WPASnBYv551cM3jmGADag

http://www.baguaquanlessons.com/20013259912599131456.html

A very grounding and inner transforming practice. No books and talk, just manipulate your own body to connect to the ni d and the Divine. No religious dogma either.

I think it will be good for you to practice a traditional Chinese art. We modern humans have be one very imbalanced, too much Qi in the head and deviation from Nature.

Best of luck :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

I have been to many countries in Asia, with Taiwan being one of them. If you do not mind, Jessie, let me give you my perspective from a western Lao Wai male point of perspectives. 

You know, praying to the almighty God or any numerous Gods for wealth, health, love, spiritual power or other types of power is one thing.

We all live in a material world after all.

So how can anyone live in a world, a material world which screams for everyone to embrace materialism, without praying for or actually FIGHTING for more wealth, health, love, spiritual power and/or all other material goodies?

In my humble view.. these are the two critical important sides of the same coin..

1) In such a material world like ours, do you think it is right for any monks or nuns, Tibetan Buddhism, Chinese Buddhism, Daoism, etc.. to preach to the masses that all of us must renounce our material lives? 

The BUDDao people, I mean the Buddhist Daoist people preach everyone to be non-attached to wealth, health, love, power etc.

Hmmm.. I wonder how much of a fighter you are.. a fighter for all things good in life.. which are of course wealth, health, love, power and a whole lot more.. if you are non-attached to any material aspect of our world ..

2) On the other hand, I see Tibetan Buddhists, Chinese Buddhists, even Daoists preaching to everyone that if they pray to the Buddhas and the Dao, then everyone will be rewarded with endless wealth, health, love, power, etc.

Just examine this exerpt from the Medicine Buddha sutra.. http://www.fodian.net/world/0450.html ..

"Playing musical instruments and singing praises, they should circumambulate to the right of the Buddha's image. Moreover, they should recall the merit and virtue of that Tathagata's past vows. They should read and recite this Sutra, ponder its meaning, and lecture on and explain it. Then they will obtain whatever they seek: Those who seek long life will attain longevity; those who seek wealth will gain wealth; those who seek an official position will obtain it; and those who seek a son or a daughter will have one."

3) Isn't this the most contradictory of all Buddhist Teachings? You teach everyone to renounce materialism of wealth, love, health, power, etc..

On the other hand, you teach everyone that they will gain wealth, love, health, power, etc. if they whole-heartedly embrace the teachings of the Buddha and pray whole-heartedly to the Buddhas for all manner of material goods..

4) In Taiwan, they even have all manner of spiritual and religion television talk-shows about how anyone and everyone can attain all manner of material goodies of wealth, health, love, power, etc just by praying to the gods in the Taiwanese Temples constantly.

However I don't see Taiwan as the richest country in the world. How many rich Taiwanese are there compared to the Western Billionaires?

by praying to the gods in the Taiwanese Temples constantly. However I don't see Taiwan as the richest country in the world. How many rich Taiwanese are there compared to the Western Billionaires?

15. Taiwan Number of billionaires: 33 Population per one billionaires: 710,804

13. United States Number of billionaires: 536 Population per one billionaires: 599,569

Apparently the Taiwanese's prayers have been answered amply. Amitofo Taiwan!
  • Like 1