Aletheia

Are there any good books on tummo meditation?

I saw that Buddha Boy documentary and I was wondering if there are any good books which go over that type of meditation?

I'm not interested if people think he's fake or whatever, just the type of meditation he's doing is what I'm thinking about. Thanks!

I just had a hot shower and at the end I turned it to cold. Then I put one leg in and it heated up straight away and the same thing happened to all the other limbs. Then I turned around and put my back in the water up to the back of my head and my back warmed up instantly. Then I turned around and I put the front of my body in the water and it didn't heat up at all.

The first thing I thought of was some qigong master I read about the other day who drank an ice cold drink and ended up dying because of the effect it had on the LDT. So maybe that was on my mind and influencing me subconsciously. But it did give me a slight stomachache too. So I'm not really sure.

I'm not ever going to put my front in cold water again though, but I will do it with the rest of my body.

Does anyone have any opinions about that?

I'm not ever going to put my front in cold water again though, but I will do it with the rest of my body.

The back and head are yang, so they're more capable of handling cold. Cold water dousing can be beneficial, but it's not so good to use a shower for it. Better to pour a bucket.

I wouldn't worry about what happened.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

An opinion? Rather a question: How can anyone assume that tummo meditation has anthing to do with taking a cold shower or that drinking cold liquids could have a negative influence on the LDT?

Tummo creates psychic heat that (as a side effect) can be used to withstand external cold.

If you think that the exposure to external cold (like taking cold showers) creates psychic heat, well, then you are seriously confused about what tummo is.

Tibetan monks can dry wet sheets on their bodies sitting in extreme cold as a side effect of their tummo training,

they don't create tummo as a side effect of sitting in wet sheets in cold caves!

Don't confuse cause and effect.

Concerning your initial question: Bliss of Inner Fire is the only book available which describes how real tummo meditation works practically and in detail. No need to search further.

Edited by Wells
  • Like 1

Thanks Wells. I wasn't thinking about tummo specifically when I asked for an opinion. Just some general ideas really and I think what Aetherous said was helpful actually.

I personally am a little suspicious about drinking ice cold drinks with a hot or even warm or actually normal temperature LDT. But maybe that's just me, it's really not something I going to argue about. If other people say it's perfectly fine I'm all for it if it works for them. But I don't drink anything cold.

Concerning your initial question: Bliss of Inner Fire is the only book available which describes how real tummo meditation works practically and in detail. No need to search further.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1