Sign in to follow this  
qicat

What is Dalai Lama doing?

Hi Bummies:)

Anyone care to bring some light on mass kalachakra initiations holding by Dalai Lama? Have you been at such meeting? What was your experiences? What exactly is happening there? ( from personal perspective, there are enough youtubes to watch). What about avalokiteshvara teachings? Have you been to one? Do they go together or separate? Anything else you care to share?

Gracias,

Meow.

• Like 1

Army for a next reincarnation??

http://www.kalachakranet.org/

the war is coming... so seems to me they are initiating proper seeds into very wide field?

Any buddhist scholars around here to explain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalachakra ?

Gracias...

Although the teaching is very advanced and esoteric, there is a tradition of offering it to large public audiences.

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

http://www.kalachakranet.org/

the war is coming... so seems to me they are initiating proper seeds into very wide field?

Any buddhist scholars around here to explain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalachakra ?

Gracias...

From that wikipedia page:

Though the Kālacakra prophesies a future religious war, this appears in conflict with the vows of Mahayana and Theravada Buddhist teachings that prohibit violence. According to Alexander Berzin, the Kālacakra is not advocating violence against people but rather against inner mental and emotional aggression that results in intolerance, hatred, violence and war. Fifteenth century Gelug commentor Kaydrubjey interprets "holy war" symbolically, teaching that it mainly refers to the inner battle of the religious practitioner against inner demonic and barbarian tendencies. This is the solution to violence, since according to the Kālacakra the outer conditions depend on the inner condition of the mindstreams of beings. Viewed that way, the prophesied war takes place in the mind and emotions. It depicts the transformation of the archaic mentality of violence in the name of religion and ideology into sublime moral power, insight and spiritual wisdom.

I lack the knowledge or experience to comment on Kalachakra, though I will add that I find it hard to imagine the Dalai Lama trying to make an army.

• Like 2

an army.

"An Army of God", "spiritual warriors"...

basically X-Men trilogies ( comics) in real life....technically humans, but if I understand "seed of Buddha" correctly from energy lineage hookup, then seems to me it is a pure "pollination" for the "next" time. It kind of reflects with 144,000 of the "Jesus" army. I.e. 144,000 of those who will be "worthy"...

Just some random thoughts on current states of what each religion is actually trying to do and how it relates to actual energy as a science ( or a weapon???)...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS520US520&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=144+000+in+the+bible

link to 144,000 "sealed"

Edited by qicat

I'd love to go and meet HH ! His humor is infectious.

I find the future army pill hard to swallow, sorry.

I give you props for thinking outside of the box however.

• Like 3

I'd love to go and meet HH ! His humor is infectious.

I find the future army pill hard to swallow, sorry.

I give you props for thinking outside of the box however.

I highly respect HH Dalai Lama. Please don't get me wrong. However, after spending 9 days at introductory buddhist retreat and understanding how much work it takes to get through the stages and how you simply won't be allowed by the lama to participate in certain activities until you have completed previous ones and have gotten proper transmissions, I am wondering why such high tantras are publicly available. I actually would like to go and get one, since I have taken the refuge and vows. 

• Like 1

Maybe they realise how shit of a state the world is in and want to speed up the karmic evolution of it

• Like 1

If you are a Buddhist, you should understand this:

You have had Many Names, Many Forms, Many Lineages, Many Teachings and Many Lifetimes.

Jampel

As for H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet, he has no use for an army, he's surrounded by Lions facing outwards.

• Like 2

Quote Dalai Lama,"Positive emotions like compassion and loving kindness engender in us a deep sense of peace and serenity, and benefits others as well."third of April.

We went to see HHDL in Geelong 2002,it was at the Geelong football club grounds.

Much of his speech was in Tibetan,didn't matter,everyone could sense his presence of peace and compassion.

Lost some sleep time as working night shift at the time,at the general hospital,assessing mental health presentations.

So the HHDL,spent two nights in the Geelong region,and for those two nights working,no one presented for mental health assessment.

No phone calls either,in two nights,at a normally frantic ED,with usual countless phone calls.

At some point I did nod off,woke up refreshed and still puzzled by the lack of business,then connected it to the visit by Dalai Lama.

Ocean of wisdom,floods across Geelong for two nights.

Nil damage,many thanks,blessings.

Edit add:https://www.dalailama.com/search/results?q=Ocean&x=0&y=0

Edited by AussieTrees
  • Like 7

Quote Dalai Lama 13/march,

Caring for others is the best way to fulfil our own interests. We are social animals; we need to be warm-hearted and to take care of others.

• Like 2

This part of the Wiki page: Controversy.  They should remove that part since it is Pure Ignorance. 

The word "Mara" in English is Demon, not a correct translation. 

A better translation of the meaning of "Mara" is Self. The Third Seal says "All phenomena have no Self". You are phenomena. Mara or Self comes as being Selfish, Self-centered and Self-righteous(Ego) or what is known as The Three Evil Paths.  The Three Evil Paths that create the Three Poisons which creates Suffering or The Second Seal (All Contaminated Phenomena cause Suffering).  Suffering is Impermanence, so The Three Evil Paths are also Impermanence and The Three Poisons also Impermanence, hence The First Seal:  "All Phenomena is Impermanence".

This phrase:  "Buddha's triumph over the attack of Mara and his protection of all sentient beings."

The first part should make perfect sense now, knowing what Mara means. 

The second part of the phrase:  "his protection of all sentient beings."

His protection is The Great Dharma Treasury, many Paths to liberation, to find inner peace.

The Fourth Seal:  Nirvana is Peace

The Four Seals, the foundation of the 84,000 Teachings of Buddha, the foundation of all Turnings of the Great Wheel.

As AussieTrees points out.  His most prevalent super power is compassion,  awareness and wisdom.   I wouldn't expect to gain too more then that from a decade or two study of the man and his ways.  Course then again- compassion, awareness and wisdom count for much.    

• Like 2

For most of the Dalai Lamas life, he's taught Compassion, you would think if people listened the world would be better off by now.  At a point he was losing hope, now he will never lose hope.

For over the past year One has been helping both Tenzins, one uses a computer and the other teaches Compassion.  Over 100 documents have been sent, some unfolded Suttas, while others the Profoundness of the Teachings.  The fundamentals of The Family of Abraham, that which is buried within those Holy Books and even the Secret that King Solomon used to bring Peace to Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

One is known to be of Chinese origin, the Chinese government knows of Ones presence, there is a phrase "When Compassion and Wisdom work together, there is Peace".  One is the Guardian of those that walk the Bodhisattva Path.  To some Buddhist Temples (monasteries/nunneries/sanghas), One is known as The Medicine Buddha Manjushri or just Manjushri.  Doesn't this world need a Medicine Buddha more than a Guru Lord Buddha?  Through Compassion and Wisdom, the Three Poison and the Three Evil Paths are destroyed.  It's all by choice, but Wisdom in simplicity choice is removed.  As a Mother protects her Child.  Why would you choose to Suffer? 

One wanders among, sits among, you never where One is, by appearance you can not know a Buddha, One does reside in the United States, wandering to multiple temples, concealed by appearance.  Buddha's do not seek Fortune nor Fame, they walk/sit among and teach:  The greatest gift that can be given:  "Others before One" as it was, is and always shall be.

• Like 2

The greatest gift is the gift of Truth. Whether it is the Medicine Buddha is holding court in a temple instead of Shakyamuni Buddha who is addressed as "bern si fo" or roughly translated as the "original teacher buddha" is immaterial as long as the teachings in the sutras have a bearing to the teachings, the Dharma of Shakyamuni Buddha. From the Kalama Sutta, the Buddha sets the "check-list" for later Buddhists to find out whether the "later-teachings" after His Parinibbana is true to what he taught. If it is not, then it is not his teaching and should be discarded; if it is, then adhere and abide to the teachings.

• Like 1

For most of the Dalai Lamas life, he's taught Compassion, you would think if people listened the world would be better off by now.  At a point he was losing hope, now he will never lose hope.

For over the past year One has been helping both Tenzins, one uses a computer and the other teaches Compassion.  Over 100 documents have been sent, some unfolded Suttas, while others the Profoundness of the Teachings.  The fundamentals of The Family of Abraham, that which is buried within those Holy Books and even the Secret that King Solomon used to bring Peace to Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

One is known to be of Chinese origin, the Chinese government knows of Ones presence, there is a phrase "When Compassion and Wisdom work together, there is Peace".  One is the Guardian of those that walk the Bodhisattva Path.  To some Buddhist Temples (monasteries/nunneries/sanghas), One is known as The Medicine Buddha Manjushri or just Manjushri.  Doesn't this world need a Medicine Buddha more than a Guru Lord Buddha?  Through Compassion and Wisdom, the Three Poison and the Three Evil Paths are destroyed.  It's all by choice, but Wisdom in simplicity choice is removed.  As a Mother protects her Child.  Why would you choose to Suffer? 

One wanders among, sits among, you never where One is, by appearance you can not know a Buddha, One does reside in the United States, wandering to multiple temples, concealed by appearance.  Buddha's do not seek Fortune nor Fame, they walk/sit among and teach:  The greatest gift that can be given:  "Others before One" as it was, is and always shall be.

r u talking about this kid? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gedhun_Choekyi_Nyima

That is the 11th Panchen Lama that China kidnapped, from communications with China, he's been killed.  China created their own Panchen Lama, and are going to try and create the next Dalai Lama.

The greatest gift is the gift of Truth. Whether it is the Medicine Buddha is holding court in a temple instead of Shakyamuni Buddha who is addressed as "bern si fo" or roughly translated as the "original teacher buddha" is immaterial as long as the teachings in the sutras have a bearing to the teachings, the Dharma of Shakyamuni Buddha. From the Kalama Sutta, the Buddha sets the "check-list" for later Buddhists to find out whether the "later-teachings" after His Parinibbana is true to what he taught. If it is not, then it is not his teaching and should be discarded; if it is, then adhere and abide to the teachings.

For the greatest gift, "Others before you" the act of Selflessness, act of kindness, act of caring, all acts of Compassion, but maybe Compassion is not Truth.  For Shakyamuni's teachings, the true ones (test the teachings) are True in the past, present and future as long as Humanity exists, but everything is Impermanence. But you should know that Manjushri is the Guardian of the Family of Shakyamuni, but there are hidden meanings of the Trinity of Shakyamuni, Manjushri and Maitreya.  From the Four Seals came the Four Noble Truths and The Noble Eightfold Path which contains the Four Seals.  The Four Seals are Pure Dharma, all of Shakyamuni's Teachings came from The Four Seals, that is why they are known to carry the 82,000 teachings of Buddha and 2000 teachings of Bodhisattva's or what is known as The Great Dharma Treasury and Manjushri is the Guardian of the Great Dharma Treasury, Guardian of the Four Seals.  One did not add any Sutra's for a reason. It does not matter if you believe One, One is not here to prove anything, you test the teachings to find the Truth, when you do, you proved (Realization) it to yourself.  As it is said "Buddha's can not give you realization, can only give you the understanding", when it come Emptiness, everyone has that realization it is just covered up by the mud(ignorance) and since you are born with Compassion, everyone has Enlightenment, everyone has Buddha Nature.  So Why is this World so violent, so much Suffering? This World forgot to put "Others before themselves".  Test the teaching of "Others before you" at least you will be removing some suffering and find Compassion. 

"For every gift of Form, Suffering is attached, Selfless gifts have no Form, so no Suffering." and before you make a remark about that quote, have the Realization of Emptiness and Compassion.

And the Sutra's were not written by Shakyamuni.  Are there 82,000 Sutra's? Some Sutra's have multiple teachings and even some teachings were not taught.  Then again a Buddhist is someone who follows All the 84,000 teachings, not those that fit your Bias, that suit you.  As Shakyamuni was not a Buddhist, since Buddhism was created to honor his Compassion, One is not a Buddhist, One follows the Four Seals.

• Like 1

There are deviant teachings in the world today. When Ven. Ananda posed the question to the Buddha about how to differentiate a deviant teaching from His, his advice was to test the truthfulness and the correctness of a teaching by its wisdom (and principles) relative to what is taught by Him in His lifetime.  That's the gist of His advice to Ven Ananda. The beauty of Buddhism is that everyone is welcome to experience the Buddha's dhamma. "Ehipassiko", to be approached to be seen. The invitation is for anyone to come and see for themselves. The Buddha's Dhamma is approachable, can be experienced, and tested.

" Well-expounded is the Dhamma by the Blessed One.

To be realized; with immediate results.

To be approached, to be seen.

Capable of being entered upon;

To be realized by the wise, each by himself."

Interestingly, what is One? A question posed to a novice monk, Sopaka of 7 years old. Again, what is this One (ref. Anguttara Nikaya I.22)? Lastly, what is the One and Only, the sum total of Buddhism (ref. Samyutta Nikaya, I.236)?

Yes, 84,000 teachings or dhammas.  Vinaya Pitaka: 21,000 'units'; Sutta Pitaka: 21,000 'units', and Adhidhamma Pitaka: 42,000 'units'. Each unit, can be either one theme of the discourses, one explanation of the background in the discourses, one portion of questioning, or one portion of answering. (ref. The Gandhavamsa, "The Descriptive Analysis of Numerical Terms in Buddhism" by Ven. K. Dhammasiri).

You said: "the 82,000 teachings of Buddha and 2000 teachings of Bodhisattva's". The words said by Ven. Ananda were:

" Dvasiti Buddhato ganhi

Dve sahassani bhikkhuto

Catura sitisahassani

Yeme dhamma pavattito"

Translation:

"82,000 I received from the Buddha, 2,000 from the bhikkus. These 84,000 are current teachings."

(source: Theragatha I.1024)

Notes:

Bhikkus, means monks.

Units of dhammas: Dhammakkhandas, kind of measurement of the Buddha's teachings. There is no definite number of sentences or verses for a unit of Dhamma. They are classified with reference to the Three Pitakas stated earlier.

• Like 1

If you are well versed in the Sutta's, you should be able to give the sequence of Sutta's that create the original path, the same path used over 2500 years ago.  You should also know there are Sutta's that have the evolution of this planet and the lifespans of celestial bodies.  When combined together they give the hidden meaning of the Mala (108), then you take Emptiness and convert it to Binary and get a Double Helix.  With the two hidden secrets of both Sutta's, you can plot every known non-conscious Form in a chemistry lattice, but also find the unknowns.  But before all that, you have to combine Hinduism and Buddhism together to create what are called the "Universal Keys", buried in the Vedas and the Wisdom Sutta's.  From a part of all that, you can go through all known history and find Stupa locations, The Four Guardian Stupas, the influence of the distant past Buddhas.  Then you find what was stolen from Hinduism and Buddhism, to be used for ignorance, used to conform all belief systems.  All that is testing the teachings, making sure Dharma has not become corrupted, since Dharma can only be practiced by Consciousness.

Emptiness in simplicity has the power to remove the "Creator God" concept since God's were not meant to be creators, People made them into Creators just for Self-Righteousness (Ego).

Here's Emptiness in Simplicity:

Emptiness
“People (impermanence) create the Ignorance (Impermanence) that covers up Enlightenment (Permanence)”  

Impermanence = Impermanence
Not Permanent = Not Permanent
Or
Impermanence creates Impermanence
Not Permanent creates Not Permanent

As people are born, live and die, a cycle of Impermanence.  People are Impermanence.  A mother and father together create a baby, the mother, father and the baby, Impermanence.  When a building is destroyed, the building is also Impermanence.  As a flower grows from a seed, it too is impermanence.  You can see impermanence, you can smell impermanence, you can touch impermanence, you can hear impermanence and even taste impermanence.  Your thoughts are impermanence, your situations are impermanence.  Impermanence surrounds you, impermanence you create and others create impermanence for you.

Form or Body is Impermanence
Form or Body creates pain and suffering
Pain and suffering is also Impermanence
Impermanence = People = Form = Suffering = Impermanence

You create attachment, attachment is impermanence. The attachment to impermanence causes suffering. If you can easily understand what is impermanence, to realize impermanence just look around.  Everything you see, hear, touch, taste and feel, ask yourself “is it impermanence? Can it be destroyed?”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Past, Present and Future are all stacked in a moment" The past what you've read, the present this word, the future beyond this, maybe that is why you should be mindful of each moment.

May say there is no permanence, permanence can not be changed, why think about what can not be changed?  What can be changed is what you focus on.  What you focus on is all Emptiness.  Now you should know why Emptiness is part of the Foundation of the Teachings.  But also why Compassion is also very important.

When One encounters people that fall back on holy books, then start using quotes, One knows they have not tested their teachings, Blind Faith, but also they are Self Grasping and cause suffering to themselves and others, but never to One.  When you test the teachings, you'll see the Common Sense, find the hidden wisdom and have no need for quotes/references.

Sometimes One will write just so you can understand/realize your Self Grasping.

"If you get mad at an object, that object is not doing what you want it to do, how Selfish of you"

Don't think we are getting anywhere with this. The Path of Emancipation as laid down by The Buddha is straight, and very direct. If you think you know this path well, then by all means travel on it, and you will reach the One. There is no need to beat around the bush and get all dizzy after that, but by all means if running round and round gives you the pleasure, please continue. Let me travel that straight path to the One, perhaps, it is the different One from yours. Thank you for the conversation, and this will be my last post.

• Like 1

Don't think we are getting anywhere with this. The Path of Emancipation as laid down by The Buddha is straight, and very direct. If you think you know this path well, then by all means travel on it, and you will reach the One. There is no need to beat around the bush and get all dizzy after that, but by all means if running round and round gives you the pleasure, please continue. Let me travel that straight path to the One, perhaps, it is the different One from yours. Thank you for the conversation, and this will be my last post.

That is well said

• Like 1

I've sat in a room with his holiness...

abiding, saturating clarity, peace and love was my experience.

there was cultivation of seeds

seeds of healing, acceptance, awareness, loving kindness.

• Like 8

Sign in to follow this