Stumpich

Thoughts on this ? Anyone ?

If your best kua directions in Feng Shui were northwest , southwest , Northeast , & west

& some say you should sleep with your head towards the northwest , southwest ,northeast, or west

YET - north & south are bad directions for you 

& at the same time some say you should sleep with your body in line with the north & south pole 

which would have your head pointing north or south 

they say it will cause you great trouble to not sleep in line with the poles - but they are bad directions in your Kua

& someone else's belief is to sleep according to your Kua & not the poles 

anyone ?

just wondering 

thanks

Edited by Stumpich

Why is sleeping with your head to the northwest or southwest 'bad' ? Because chi/other energies flow from/to there ? In that case, isn't it just as 'bad' as a full moon is on you if you're stressed?

I doubt that anything definite can be said regarding this.  This is because we each are different people composed of different "stuff" and energies.

Trial and error are the most efficient way to find what is best for each of us.

If we toss and turn while trying to drift off to sleep there is a problem.

If we can't fall to sleep there is a problem.

If we dream vividly during sleep there is a problem.  (Sleep is supposed to rest out brain too.)

And I will suggest that there is more than just one cause effecting our sleep.

• Like 1

Ever watch a dog or cat lay down?

Never seemed to concerned with aligning in any particular direction, (in my experience over the years...)

I think trial and error, decreased concern will serve you well.

Eat when hungry, drink when thirsty, sleep when tired.

When eating eat! When drinking drink! When sleeping sleep!

Best wishes.

• Like 1

According to Indian Geomancy (vaastu shastra), one should never sleep with head pointed to the north, as there is some magnetic interference if we do so.

True North? or Magnetic North?

Does Magnetic Declination have an effect?

What about compass deviation?

I got the North pole South pole thing in a QiGong Lesson from Dr. Yang Jwing Ming - who also speaks of Feng Shui -- But I have never experienced a feng shui lesson or class from him 

& I got the Kua direction thing from a Feng Shui lesson from a QiGong master

I am not the most superstitious person in the world & I have heard feng shui people say that it isn't always feng shui but, sometimes it's destiny 

I do however think there is something to feng shui & I am interested in it 

Dr. Yang - says not sleeping in line with the poles will lead to madness 

Any feng shui masters here ?

If we dream vividly during sleep there is a problem.  (Sleep is supposed to rest out brain too.)

What about tibetan sleep & Dream yogas ?

I don't think this is a problem

If you study lucid dreaming you will find that the brain goes through different stages during sleep - 

some people have learned to meditate in their dreams 

the brain gets it's rest & then it does other things

Edited by Stumpich
  • Like 1

If you study lucid dreaming you will find that the brain goes through different stages during sleep - 

yea, I find dream work is extremely effective and necessary for my path... has been that way all this lifetime for me.  That and sometimes it's just purely joyful and playful and fun, to be awake in the dreamscapes.. it's invigorating. 

My earliest memory is of a lucid dream and all through my life I regularly experience extremely vivid dreams, both lucid and passive.  I rarely go more than a few nights without vivid dream experiences that I recall in minute detail.

I have not had the experience of vivid dreams being problematic or causing a lack of rest, so I don't agree with Marble on this being problematic, but I don't consider him wrong, we are just different. 

I think the pivot is to be sensitive to how you are affected.

Your bolded sentence really affected me and has spurred me to action... it's like the fifth or sixth almost verbatim reference of  The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche which is one of my most cherished books on dream work. 

I've been feeling a shift approaching in my practice but wasn't able to pinpoint where... now it's become clear. 

Time for some focused dream work.

yea, I find dream work is extremely effective and necessary for my path... has been that way all this lifetime for me.  That and sometimes it's just purely joyful and playful and fun, to be awake in the dreamscapes.. it's invigorating. 

My earliest memory is of a lucid dream and all through my life I regularly experience extremely vivid dreams, both lucid and passive.  I rarely go more than a few nights without vivid dream experiences that I recall in minute detail.

I have not had the experience of vivid dreams being problematic or causing a lack of rest, so I don't agree with Marble on this being problematic, but I don't consider him wrong, we are just different. 

I think the pivot is to be sensitive to how you are affected.

Your bolded sentence really affected me and has spurred me to action... it's like the fifth or sixth almost verbatim reference of  The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche which is one of my most cherished books on dream work. 

I've been feeling a shift approaching in my practice but wasn't able to pinpoint where... now it's become clear. 

Time for some focused dream work.

Yes I have that book on pdf - I have downloaded everything I can find 

I have ----- A field guide to lucid dreaming & Lucid dreaming plain & simple on audiobook 

I have countless books on pdf - I just can't find the time to get to them - I really like the audiobooks 

I would really be interested in a workbook or an instructional book without all the filler -- 

I have also just found a lot of stuff on youtube but I have not had time to check it out yet 

there are lots of forums on this subject -- but, I have not made it to them yet - as there is too much content to deal with already from the audiobooks 

there are also supplements such as dreamleaf -- I have never tried them -- I found out about them while researching drugs that shamans used to induce lucidity

I need a more focused mind than I have to progress with this --- which probably comes from meditation 

such as -- Tibetan shamatha etc.

Edited by Stumpich

Yes I have that book on pdf - I have downloaded everything I can find 

I have ----- A field guide to lucid dreaming & Lucid dreaming plain & simple on audiobook 

I have countless books on pdf - I just can't find the time to get to them - I really like the audiobooks 

I would really be interested in a workbook or an instructional book without all the filler -- 

I have also just found a lot of stuff on youtube but I have not had time to check it out yet 

there are lots of forums on this subject -- but, I have not made it to them yet - as there is too much content to deal with already from the audiobooks 

I would actually like to participate in lab experiments on this subject 

there are also supplements such as dreamleaf -- I have never tried them -- I found out about them while researching drugs that shamans used to induce lucidity

I need a more focused mind than I have to progress with this --- which probably comes from meditation 

http://www.glidewing.com/gw/gw_workshops.htmlsuch as -- Tibetan shamatha etc.

I almost signed up for one of his dream workshops back in January... perhaps soon. 

A few of us here tried a shared dreaming exercise for about a month or so recently and it demonstrated great promise.  I found it very rewarding. 

Dreamwork has always been central to my living experience.  I've learned so many things about my own inner nature in dreams, that its value to me is as relevant and necessary as my waking life.

I have most of my adult life, lived with this nagging, continual sense that one moment I will awaken in the 'real world' in the same manner I have become lucid in the dream state a myriad of times.  To me now there is this palpable sense that waking life is a varied frequency and resonance of dreaming.  One that is a shared dream in the slower vibratory realms with all of our fellow dreamers, stone, animal, insect and element alike all sharing in the slow, resonant process.  These thoughts are well echoed in the words of our ancestors and even the modern vernacular of the Aboriginal Australians and their honoring and holding space of the DreamTime.

And I'm with you on audio books.  I banished commercials from my life years ago and now have no tolerance for broadcast tv or radio any longer.  So, I have really come to appreciate audio books in a deep way.  Especially with the long, slow commutes of Los Angeles... it's amazing to have that time be so pleasant, productive, or relaxing, when it used to be an energy sink.

I've never taken anything herbally or chemically to help my dreams specifically... perhaps with this next round of reading Dream Yoga, I'll head to the new Tea shop that opened here in Torrance and see if they carry anything to augment the work...

I'm sure some Bums here have relevant experience with this...

Yeah, I actually hesitated prior to adding that to the post.  That is what I believe but I have no factual data to back up my understanding.  It's just me and one passage in the Chuang Tzu.

I'm usually more concerned how the rest of the house is set up.

For instance I dislike sleeping facing a door. Or with my head against a wet wall.

This would be more distracting and detrimental to me than the directions, which I'm usually not aware of except for East (I try to practice facing east).

I'm usually more concerned how the rest of the house is set up.

For instance I dislike sleeping facing a door. Or with my head against a wet wall.

This would be more distracting and detrimental to me than the directions, which I'm usually not aware of except for East (I try to practice facing east).

In my limited knowledge much feng shui is simply good psychological placement.  Having roots in human psyche and to some extent defensive positions.  

• Like 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually thats not true - I have made it to the dream forums - I just got discouraged because the one I picked would log me out after being online for a few seconds --

I was trying to log my dream journals & it was becoming very frustrating - I finally gave up on the forum altogether --

Sooooooooo - anyway I just registered at a new one & I find it very interesting - I'll see if this one  goes any better 

Edited by Stumpich

Interesting. I sleep east. Semi-related; the emerald tablets outline the practice of laying ones head north holding awareness from solar plexus to head for one hour and laying south holding awareness from solar plexus to feet for one hour to cultivate 'balance'. But seeing as our planet is off its axis this may be moot. Expensive time wisze yet I might give it a whirl, throwing in head east holding awareness in the whole body and head west holding no bodily awareness +

Interesting. I sleep east. Semi-related; the emerald tablets outline the practice of laying ones head north holding awareness from solar plexus to head for one hour and laying south holding awareness from solar plexus to feet for one hour to cultivate 'balance'. But seeing as our planet is off its axis this may be moot. Expensive time wisze yet I might give it a whirl, throwing in head east holding awareness in the whole body and head west holding no bodily awareness +

East is a severely  bad direction in my feng shui kua ----

I'm just getting a little conflict between A feng shui teacher & A qigong teacher 

soooooooo --  if it isn't always feng shui -- but sometimes destiny .

Does that make the Qigong teaching right ?

I don't really want to go against the feng shui .

but, I don't want to go mad because of going against the Qigong

but going against the feng shui is bad as well 

This is a problem  ---- or if it isn't -- I have turned it into one 

Edited by Stumpich

Since the info seems good from both sides, at this point, if it were me, I would try out both for a full cycle of the moon and keep records.  Then compare.

Originally, all of the great masters were exploring new territory.  And each of us, is our own undiscovered country.  Jump in and you'll figure it out.  Could be that you need to swap depending on seasons and moon phases. 

Anything that is really important to me any longer though, I keep simple notes and records.   It's amazing how much detail is lost when I don't and how much impact a few simple words about something I tried several years ago, can benefit insight in the present.

Since the info seems good from both sides, at this point, if it were me, I would try out both for a full cycle of the moon and keep records.  Then compare.

Originally, all of the great masters were exploring new territory.  And each of us, is our own undiscovered country.  Jump in and you'll figure it out.  Could be that you need to swap depending on seasons and moon phases. 

Anything that is really important to me any longer though, I keep simple notes and records.   It's amazing how much detail is lost when I don't and how much impact a few simple words about something I tried several years ago, can benefit insight in the present.

not so simple but, fair enough

I've been going with the Feng Shui -- just out of feeling

I think it's a more personalized compass 

who knows ?

that is the question 

It certainly isn't me

where do you get that kind of info ? I found this -->https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/phoenix

cool huh ?

Edited by Stumpich

I would say experiment. See which sleeping position gives you the best sleep and dreams.

Impossible 

massively worlds worst insomnia - 

no position will due 

I would need my own personal medical herb garden to remedy that

It will be Bad Nightmares & insomnia hell 

no two ways about it --- I've been dealing with it since I was young 

there's only one right way out of it

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Edited by Stumpich

According to Indian Geomancy (vaastu shastra), one should never sleep with head pointed to the north, as there is some magnetic interference if we do so.

China man China

North is a bad direction for me though

Edited by Stumpich