Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allthesmalltings

Hello Dao Bums

Guest Allthesmalltings

I am a 32 year old man which has, for the lack of a better way to put it, lost his way.

My knowledge of Dao was from browsing one of Mantak Chia's books. I know he is not well regarded on this forum.

My personal life is in a bad place, with many problems originating from sexuality. But I am not despaired, actually I am quite motivated compared to how depressed I was back when I understood my problems less than I do now.

I've come here to seek advice and will seek out the appropriate forum to post detailed questions if I am accepted in this community.

Personally I've long regarded the "way" with reverence but thought I can leave it for my old age, and live a full life before that. I am not sure I can live a full life so maybe the "way" is the only thing I can do with my life.

Hope to find more truth here.

• Like 3

Hello Allthesmallthings, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi All,

Well, it's good that you recognize that you have work to do.  Many never attain that realization.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Yep, Mantak Chia can be quite dicey. Welcome to TDB. 

Hi OldAngel - dicey is nicely put.

Kudos to Marblehead for this - Well, it's good that you recognize that you have work to do.  Many never attain that realization.

Hello Allthesmallthings - I second Marblehead; you have arrived at a destination per 'the best is yet to be' if you put your heart to whatever it takes to be better. Put your past behind you with respect to all the small things. How can you be positive? All the yin aspects in your past have positive yang flip-sides henceforth. I am new at TDB too. Thus far, I am upbeat. Let us go in search of good Taoist drums to beat dualistically and realistically - and be reborn as yummy Dao Bummies.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this