Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

Tao and Souls

Are we souls trapped in physical bodies and does this mean we are neither male or female in reality?

And, what about reincarnation?

My sense of it, is my body manifests within a field of energy, which is at its foundation... awareness.

So for me, the sense of it is my body manifests within the field of spirit/energy/awareness, not the spirit residing within the body, although there is no aspect of the body that is not 'utterly saturated' by the essential spirit.  Indeed for me, there is nothing anywhere that lacks spirit. 

Condensing as it grows, the body manifests within this field and experiential sensations coupled with the process of mind, lend easily to the illusion of solidity and staticness when our bodies are never static, nor still... but continually flowing in a fluid manner, yet maintaining a pattern within that flow that we recognize as our form, which may seem static to our quick senses and low threshold for attentiveness.

If you've ever entered an old building and looked at really old glass, you will notice it has sagged and settled and bulged, for glass is a fluid and settles ever so slowly over time.  Indeed, physics has come to embrace the reality that there is nothing solid anywhere in our universe.  Everything is frequency, vibration and resonance.

We embody the traits of masculine and feminine, we are both in varying degrees all throughout the process we call life.  All mammals start out female.  This is why males have nipples.  The ovaries in males, extend out of the body and become testicles and produce sperm, while the clitoris grows into the penis and becomes the means of delivering sperm to the location of the egg in the female.

We are not male or female, we are male and female.

That's my sense of it at the present anyway.   Good question.  Thanks for the nudging reminder of it.

• Like 3

Are we souls trapped in physical bodies and does this mean we are neither male or female in reality?

I believe you are talking about Buddhism, not Taoism.

I believe you are talking about Buddhism, not Taoism.

I don't know...Taoism in its current religious/spiritual form would still say we have souls hopping into the bodies...

Trapped, no. I prefer the word "landed"

You're in this body for no other reason than you landed in it, to experience this life for whatever reason.

Sex is a trivial aspect of it all, and from what I'm reading in your other posts, I would guess that you're somewhat speaking about personal questions that will help you discover more about yourself.

But all I can say at this point is that either way, your focus needn't on the Taoist belief and what you can make of it in relation to yourself. Continue to meditate and empty the head of all these questions...

I don't know...Taoism in its current religious/spiritual form would still say we have souls hopping into the bodies...

Yeah, I keep forgetting about Religious Taoism.

Lets remember that from Taoist point of view our body is a greatest treasure. If any doubts - ask the ghosts if it is true or not... smile

From this point of view the best way is to take care of the body, do practice and not to fight with your nature which was created by yin-yang sequence.

Rgrds, Ilya

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this