roger

every choice matters, just like every vote counts

ACIM says that it's necessary for people to see that every choice they make MATTERS.

Just as an election is won by each and every vote, the world is created by every single choice.

• Like 2

Ah!  More talk about free will (choices) and cause and effect.

I agree with ACIM (whoever that is).

When we make bad choices, if we are lucky, we can alter its effects, other times not.

• Like 1

Are the choices really free.

"As long as this voice goes un-heard, the un-seen hand of one’s defenses will continue to shape one’s decisions, appearing for all the world as “fate.”

http://focusingemptiness.com/index.php/blog

Might be good to understand the source of the choices and why. 

It seems like the Dems, want people to make fear based choices, 

as do "some" in the GOP.

Trump offers choices on what seems to be based on whats  good for the country as

a whole.... Pragmatic, needed for the long run. 

its a deep swamp.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

Are the choices really free.

That is a constant discussion and argument for me.

I understand the reasoning of those who declare all life to be destined (cause and effect). 

But I will always argue on the side of free will and choices.

This is required of an Anarchist.

• Like 1

And I will add that "going with the flow" supports the concept of destiny.  However, if the flow is taking you toward the waterfall you should start swimming against the flow.

And I will add that "going with the flow" supports the concept of destiny. However, if the flow is taking you toward the waterfall you should start swimming against the flow.

Or with the flow, angled towards the shore, and quickly. :D

Edited by rene
  • Like 4

This is required of an Anarchist.

Are you an anarchist?

Or are you just playing mind games with everybody again? ;) kidding

• Like 1

I don't know whether you are talking about individual choice or a group choice. I would like to give importance to individual choice since it is the basic unit of group choice. How do we know whether a choice is made by destiny or free will? If a person continues to be egocentric and selfish, he is bound to make a choice by the influence of destiny. Selfish people lack free will to the extent they are selfish and egocentric. As an individual grows spiritually, meaning turns more selfless, sacrificial, service oriented, compassionate, kind, friendly, engenders unconditioned, impartial love free from personal attachments, discriminates between the real and the ephemeral, then such an individual will possess free will to make choices, not otherwise.

• Like 3

Are you an anarchist?

Or are you just playing mind games with everybody again? ;) kidding

No mind games with this one.  I truly do consider myself an Anarchist.

• Like 1